Home

I just can't play this game anymore

This is a discussion on I just can't play this game anymore within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
I just can't play this game anymore

Hi, i was playing 2k17 today and at one point i just couldn'd do it anymore, i turned off the game and my PS4. I don't know, i was almost always among the people defending 2k, always apprecaiting that we get a great game every year but the way this 2k play is so annoying i just couldn't stand it. I look at playing games as a source of relaxation. When i am playing GTA V it's such an enjoyment, really love that game. But 2k man, i loved it first time i put it in, there were a few problems but i thought they'll patch them quickly and make this game great. But here we are, what, 3 months after, and game still has many of these issues.

TRANISITION GAME BY CPU!!! Oh man that gives me headache. CPU pulls up behind the 3 point line when they get an inch of space. And if it was Curry i'd be ok with it, but every player that is a solid shooter does this and no metter which team you play against. I was playing against Utah and Hayward and Hood were pulling up like crazy, in 3 transition, my player is close to him, but he just take that shot. One of the things i hate about this game, can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. I think they tried to tone it down but it's still so overused. Look at some of the real games, players tend to shoot in transition but only if they get too much space and then they slow down and do it in a bit of a slower fashion since they have so much space. In this game they do it like there's fire under their feet, or even worse, they do that stupid step back jumper. SMH

Another thing, full court passes, i am talking strictly about CPU, just as in my whole post, i don't know why and how cpu does it, but every time it happens, doesn't matter if it goes through or not, it looks stupid, because no one would throw a full court pass after they recieved a basket.

Chucking 3s. I mean i get it, NBA's moving toward shooting more 3s but come on man, i was playing with Blazers against Jazz and they shot 25 3s in the HALF.

I don't know it that's my fault, but i feel like stepbacks, sidesteps all these little things beside dribbling are useless, the only way i get enough space to shoot with dribbling is if i run a pick and roll.

I don't know, i want to play this game, i want it to be good because i love basketball, but i just can't take it anymore. Maybe i'll give it a shot after the next patch if it comes out but i am kind of losing my hope for this year's game.

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 11-28-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I just can't play this game anymore

Yeah most of the time the pass to the center at the very beginning of the game that cuts straight to basket is annoying. Um, didn't play the game in about a week, but this morning i just couldn't find a way to play the game fully. Cuts to baskets is pretty tacky, On ball defense, no control of the player, and now offensive rebound is out of hand. also i don't believe in real basketball i have to do a heap of dribble move's to get pass brook lopez with john wall.

Now i'm not a basher of the 2k brand because its really the only game i play. Day one and two is the only time i remember me saying "yup this game out of the box is great i don't need to edit nor have sliders , give me a roster update when the season begin and we good"

I've been editing rosters and sliders since about two weeks ago to get that feeling. I gave up that hope since then lol

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Old 11-28-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
Banned

The pass to the center is the easiest thing to stop this year. Not near the over powered mess it was a couple years ago. Also this game is better than any 2k except maybe 11.... and they've been consistent patching issues.. sounds more like personal problems and a lack of anger management...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopfor206
sounds more like personal problems and a lack of anger management...

Hmm. I can say I don't really play 2k17 anymore. I may go back and play it. I think about playing it sometimes, but mainly it's more annoying than angering. I think people saying they can't do it anymore deserve to have their opinions heard.

Basically, while my POV and what bothers me about the game might be different from what someone else finds game breaking, the point is that people are finding parts of the game unbearable.

There are bugs and there are weird things that happen or that the computer does, but my issues (and a lot of other people's issues) are with design choices.

I think they made the game they wanted to make and maybe it's successful, but some of us are like man... this isn't the game I used to play. Happens a lot with 'purists', so I'll accept the criticism, but I think they could do better to satisfy both sides.

-Smak
Old 11-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
Banned

Yeah I see getting frustrated but at the end of the day it's not a real life experience. I am hyper competitive as well so I understand getting in a frenzy about bull**** but I've gotten to the point where it just bothers me a lot less I guess. I've played 2k since drewmcast so I've dealt with ALL the different kinds of cheese and gotten controller-breaking mad but I just this year try to make basketball moves in myteam and play now online and laugh at weird **** that goes against me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 08:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Threes are crazy this year for the CPU, 2k10-esque.

They also need to make it harder to find cutters or force lead passes into the paint, it needs to be damn near impossible to force a pass to a big under the rim.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This belongs here

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=890583

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »