Home

The Magic of A.C.E.

This is a discussion on The Magic of A.C.E. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:19 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: The Magic of A.C.E.

That video by the OP is awesome. If only that was the norm.

My experience last night was the exact opposite. I had my settings in for everyone on the Nuggets. Sagging of Munday, guarding Murray, Galinari, etc. tight. Soft hedges on some, etc.

all for nothing because instead I spent a night of watching their bigs consistently get behind mine for easy layups, get beat down court by their bigs, and a night of insane interior passing by guys who aren't exactly the Gasol brothers.

Thankfully they can't defend a pick and roll and Jackson in his 2nd game back picked them apart and Drummond and Baynes dominated the offensive glass.

But again my most frustrating aspect of any of the defensive stuff is the wonky logic on who picks up who. Why does the AI panic so early and start grabbing the first guy they see instead of recognizing that myself or other AI defenders will be back in plenty of time? It then throws everything off and leads to a plethora of easy hoops
Old 12-01-2016, 06:28 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
That video by the OP is awesome. If only that was the norm.

My experience last night was the exact opposite. I had my settings in for everyone on the Nuggets. Sagging of Munday, guarding Murray, Galinari, etc. tight. Soft hedges on some, etc.

all for nothing because instead I spent a night of watching their bigs consistently get behind mine for easy layups, get beat down court by their bigs, and a night of insane interior passing by guys who aren't exactly the Gasol brothers.

Thankfully they can't defend a pick and roll and Jackson in his 2nd game back picked them apart and Drummond and Baynes dominated the offensive glass.

But again my most frustrating aspect of any of the defensive stuff is the wonky logic on who picks up who. Why does the AI panic so early and start grabbing the first guy they see instead of recognizing that myself or other AI defenders will be back in plenty of time? It then throws everything off and leads to a plethora of easy hoops
I see things like this all the time, you know why? I leave everything on AUTO because ACE for the END USER works best when you leave everything in AUTO, you will see those adjustments happen, you just have to pay attention because the ACE OTF MENU doesn't work properly so you don't get any notification that hey we switched up on ya. Because of that you have to play off-ball sometimes to get a feel on how they are playing against a particular player.

Like when a star gets hot, I don't play on ball against him because I want to see how ACE adjust and once I get a feel on how they are defending him then I play on ball and I try to mimic the CPU.

In this Video, I'm taking about the END USER not the CPU.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 12-02-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #19
Banned

Comeback code aka runs or momentum. That's what basketball is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2016, 11:18 AM   #20
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm a little confused, and since everyone else gets it, it must be my thick head.

Is the OP saying that ACE on auto works well but is difficult for the user to work with because the OTF menu does not show you what adjustments ACE is making?

I have been playing with ACE off pretty much since release because I found so many holes on defense especially. Plus I like to set up my offense in my own way. But I have not tested ACE on since the recent ACE updates. Can anyone say if ACE has noticeably improved when set to ON since those updates, especially on defense?

Also, I notice during time out that, even with ACE off, I will see things highlighted that are different from what I set up during my last time out or using the OTF menu. I'll see things like play through set to a player I did not select, sometimes even a player with poor offensive ratings. I'll also often see defense set to shrink the floor when I did not make that selection. Does anyone else see these things? I'm on XB1.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 12-02-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #21
Pro

JoFri's Arena

The Magic of A.C.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I'm a little confused, and since everyone else gets it, it must be my thick head.

Is the OP saying that ACE on auto works well but is difficult for the user to work with because the OTF menu does not show you what adjustments ACE is making?

I have been playing with ACE off pretty much since release because I found so many holes on defense especially. Plus I like to set up my offense in my own way. But I have not tested ACE on since the recent ACE updates. Can anyone say if ACE has noticeably improved when set to ON since those updates, especially on defense?

Also, I notice during time out that, even with ACE off, I will see things highlighted that are different from what I set up during my last time out or using the OTF menu. I'll see things like play through set to a player I did not select, sometimes even a player with poor offensive ratings. I'll also often see defense set to protect the paint when I did not make that selection. Does anyone else see these things? I'm on XB1.

this was wat happened when playing pacers (me) vs lakers (cpu). PG was defaulted to match-up against D. Russell while Teague on B. Ingram. at one point i scored with Teague driving into the paint. the moment i scored, Ingram was left alone and went up the court. Teague did not sprint back to defend his "guy" and Ingram made an easy basket.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2016, 01:10 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

Also, I notice during time out that, even with ACE off, I will see things highlighted that are different from what I set up during my last time out or using the OTF menu. I'll see things like play through set to a player I did not select, sometimes even a player with poor offensive ratings. I'll also often see defense set to shrink the floor when I did not make that selection. Does anyone else see these things? I'm on XB1.
No I just want the OTF menus to work so if I check I know what the focus is. I'm asking for more transparency so I as an end user don't break the scheme since I have everything on AUTO. I made a subsequent post stating that ACE MENU doesn't work properly on or off(see post #12), but you get the best benefits from ACE with everything on AUTO.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 12-02-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #23
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
The comeback code is 100% in the game. They are lying if they say it isn't.

It looks to be more of a "momentum" thing though as it gives teams advantages for runs depending on if they are losing.
Nope.

Read here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
As for the momentum thing, there's really nothing more I can say. It still doesn't exist. The only features that might manifest themselves as rubberbanding would be the hot/cold streak system (which has zero knowledge of time and score) and ACE. I think what happens with a lot of people is that they tend to let up when they have a big lead, or vice versa, tend to concentrate more when they're trailing. Executing poorly could lead to an increase in cold streaks while concentrating would tend toward hot. So you'd see runs in either direction there. ACE is, by nature, an adaptive system. So whether it's the offensive AI learning what's successful and continuing to exploit it, or the defensive AI adjusting to your gameplan and stopping you, that might also look like rubberbanding? Not sure what else to say. The only explicit rubberband code that was ever in 2K since I've been here is the Clutch Factor stuff from circa 2K5. But that was eliminated LONG ago.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:06 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopfor206
Comeback code aka runs or momentum. That's what basketball is....

the thing is, it happens every game. its not like 2K16 and prior where they would hide it until the 4th Quarter, the game starts doing it in the 1st quarter sometimes and it feels forced, i guess the only way youll notice it is if you play guard.. and yea its part of the game but there are tons of basketball games where both or 1 side cannot get a run going to save their life and thats cause there is defense being played. when it starts to happen you can visually see your teammates not even attempting to guard their guy, and you might as well hog the ball.. even if you pick&roll fade with Horford to perfection they will miss and miss and miss not matter how open they are (when if the "comeback" wasnt happening, they would make their shots 8/10)... if thats not some type of comeback code then idk what is

Last edited by boxlogo; 12-02-2016 at 03:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »