Home

Passing the Ball when using the Shot Button + Sprint?

This is a discussion on Passing the Ball when using the Shot Button + Sprint? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1
Passing the Ball when using the Shot Button + Sprint?

It drives me crazy that I can't figure out why sometimes when I drive to the basket and I decide to use the shot button + sprint the game decides to make my player pass the ball instead of taking the easy layup or dunk.

What control is there to pass the ball using the shot button? I've browsed the entire controller layout and the closest thing I could find to passing with the shot button is the "jump pass" by pressing shot button + pass button at the same time. But i'm not pressing the pass button

Is anyone else having this issue? Any idea how to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Passing the Ball when using the Shot Button + Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
It drives me crazy that I can't figure out why sometimes when I drive to the basket and I decide to use the shot button + sprint the game decides to make my player pass the ball instead of taking the easy layup or dunk.

What control is there to pass the ball using the shot button? I've browsed the entire controller layout and the closest thing I could find to passing with the shot button is the "jump pass" by pressing shot button + pass button at the same time. But i'm not pressing the pass button

I do the same but happens when i get an offensive rebound

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametyme89
It drives me crazy that I can't figure out why sometimes when I drive to the basket and I decide to use the shot button + sprint the game decides to make my player pass the ball instead of taking the easy layup or dunk........

And here I was thinking it was just me cause when I asked my friends they said it hadn't happened to them.... I get it a lot... mainly in mycareer but has also happened in Park. It is infuriating - esp. as I'm a Paint Protector so don't get to score that much... so passing back out to the perimeter instead of taking the easy dunk really grates lol
Old 12-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

I have to be pressing something wrong, but according to the control manual i'm not
Old 12-06-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

Not an issue for any1 else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 12:47 AM   #6
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

This started happening to me. I'm usually a shot stick person but this year I have started experimenting shooting with the button here and there. A few games ago, I started passing out of the shot for some reason when all I am hitting is the shot button.

Every year, I have some type of controller issue. I just figured this was another one of things.

My thought was this was the controller input getting it's signals crossed and sending the pass out of shot signal to the console. I've been through tons of controllers and in the past, I would occasionally get a dud controller that would miscommunicate like that.

I also have a couple of dead spots on the floor where my player won't respond to any controller input.

I also feel my block out trigger doesn't work.

On another note, I use absolute setting and I don't feel it works properly in certain places. For example, from the left corner I bank it in when I pull the stick down but can nail them just fine in the right corner doing the same thing.

Looking at this list, my game seems like a mess and it probably is lol.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »