Home

Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered

This is a discussion on Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithN
Against the A.I though? It's easy to manipulate and exploit the CPU. Play against a user online. A human will adapt and adjust defensively. Everyone knows this A.I "ACE" technology is BS in this game. you can literally do the same move over and over and it will be money in the bank every single time.

Why even bother complaining about this year's NBA 2k game though. It's broken beyond repair. It has almost 10 patches before the new year and people are still trying to get fixes. Man it times to start looking forward NBA Live 2017. Maybe they can bring the change we've been looking for
We're definitely on the same page with an alternative basketball game. I have never anticipated anything like this in about a decade.

Yes, I only play against the A.I. on Superstar difficulty. I am not even touching online from all the complaints about lag and cheesers. I don't know, man. I want to enjoy and love this game, you know? I'm trying my hardest lol. I don't try to exploit. I move the ball and play SSOL. I play within the flow of the game. If I see someone cut I pass, for example. Picture Spurs 2014 mixed with 05 Suns.

I wasn't going to complain anymore but the screens make me sick. Now I will watch the videos in this thread.

Last edited by Hellquist; 12-08-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:06 PM   #10
Pro

Screens are definitely over powered in Pro Am and over used because of it.
Not to mention all the triggered badges and shooting bonuses from it.

Every cheese teams game plan is have the SG and SF in the corners, the 2 bigs about 6-8 feet apart up at the 3pt line and the PG just go left and right until someone runs into the screen.
Then the PG will either shoot an over powered 35 foot 3, drive and dish to the corner, or hit one of the stretch bigs for a pick and pop 3. All game, every game.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
Screens are definitely over powered in Pro Am and over used because of it.
Not to mention all the triggered badges and shooting bonuses from it.

Every cheese teams game plan is have the SG and SF in the corners, the 2 bigs about 6-8 feet apart up at the 3pt line and the PG just go left and right until someone runs into the screen.
Then the PG will either shoot an over powered 35 foot 3, drive and dish to the corner, or hit one of the stretch bigs for a pick and pop 3. All game, every game.
I'd defend that by having the defender be under the screen and when the offense tries to get a ball screen have the big hedge out on them. The key is you have to hedge out to defend that screen.

My biggest complaint with screens is the amount of times you get sucked into them when you aren't anywhere near them and you even have pick dodger as a badge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieK76
I'd defend that by having the defender be under the screen and when the offense tries to get a ball screen have the big hedge out on them. The key is you have to hedge out to defend that screen.

My biggest complaint with screens is the amount of times you get sucked into them when you aren't anywhere near them and you even have pick dodger as a badge.
Sure, that works in theory. But, then the PG just goes back to the other side and repeats until both men have been screened.

I know how to defend a pick and roll!

The problem is not mine or my teams defense, its that 2k has put out a broken game that they are unable to fix!

Edit: We're 7 patches in and the game hasn't even slightly improved. I'd dare say that it has progressively gotten worse.

Last edited by awg811; 12-08-2016 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
Sure, that works in theory. But, then the PG just goes back to the other side and repeats until both men have been screened.

I know how to defend a pick and roll!

The problem is not mine or my teams defense, its that 2k has put out a broken game that they are unable to fix!

Edit: We're 7 patches in and the game hasn't even slightly improved. I'd dare say that it has progressively gotten worse.
If you hedge out you won't get screened since you aren't following the guy around after the hedge it's just a hedge out and the PG defender then recovers. That way the big guys aren't getting screened. I see the horns setup all the time and never have an issue defending it with a hedge and recover process.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #14
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I've just skimmed this thread so I might miss points that have been made, but I've found that holding both the triggers and moving over/under the screen helps. Once I got the hang of it my defense improved a lot.

I haven't figured out a realistic way to get around double screens on-ball. It just seems impossible honestly...

If you want to stop off ball screens you're probably gonna have to do it yourself. The CPU sucks at getting around them. But I still let them do it themselves since it makes the game more competitive against the CPU.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #15
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
You know what? I am going to show screenshots. Just because someone complains about a 2K game doesn't mean they suck. Even the best players here have complained about 2K17.

That Warriors vs Celtics game. HOW ?? I am curious and NEED TO KNOW. I can never pull that off, how did you do that ? What difficulty and what mode ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #16
Rookie

NBA Live, please make Basketball Gaming great again.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »