Home

Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered

This is a discussion on Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #33
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
A legit concern is getting sucked into screens that you avoid. I mean there should be contextual avoidance animations to respect that the screen is there, but if its avoided, it shouldn't be represented with a struggle.
Maybe they could make it so if you double tap a button - you can cancel the animation?

Or just make more animations for being screened next time? animations that don't have you taken out of the game for such long periods of time.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #34
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ill try and make this post as clear as possible.

The more I play 2K17, the more I realise the biggest area for improvement is the physics engine. It's throwing players all out of whack, and moving them in ways that doesnt represent organised basketball. Those who try to run floppy actions know what I mean.

I think it's necessary to have OP screens as it restores some sense of basketball motion, rather than having players getting bumped into 2 others and them flying off in other directions.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:46 PM   #35
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

You take 130 shots a game, shoot 65%, and actually complain about what is "unrealistic" and "arcade"?

- Rick Wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #36
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
That Warriors vs Celtics game. HOW ?? I am curious and NEED TO KNOW. I can never pull that off, how did you do that ? What difficulty and what mode ?
I believe this game GSW vs BOS game was back in October for me. Some games you just have it, you know? Everything's clicking on offense and defense but back in October I could play elite defense. I am lucky to allow 85-100 points these days.

It depends on my mood. I switch from All-Star to Superstar. I usually only play Play Now or NBA Today games until February-March when I start MyLeague.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:29 PM   #37
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
They need to make it so screens have a max duration you can set them for before they "expire" and have to wait to set one again for a few seconds later (those set by players only) so they require some actual timing, skill and coordination to set properly rather than just 2 or even 3 big men standing in front of a sharpshooter all game.
Took the words right out of my mouth but I didn't want to complain anymore like I have. I love this idea with setting screens. It should be a limit on how many you can do and how long you can do them.

I want to reiterate the point of this thread. Screens being overpowered means getting sucked into the screen and it doesn't matter who the shooter is, the AI will usually make the shot unless under other circumstances. It's not realistic to me. I have watched gameplay of other players and of NBA players regarding screens and it's not even close to how it is represented in 2K. I am a simulation guy through and through, so this stuff irritates me. I don't know how it is in ProAm or MyPark, so I can't comment. I know against the AI it drives me nuts. I can defend it, but I am still not satisfied. I take defense seriously and you just can't do much on defense especially with your dumb *** AI teammates blowing assignments. I play on-ball defense but this year you have to mix it up and do off-ball and on-ball. It's the only way you can contain it.

Last edited by Hellquist; 12-12-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:33 PM   #38
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunselpower32
You take 130 shots a game, shoot 65%, and actually complain about what is "unrealistic" and "arcade"?
I play 12-minute quarters. I have more possessions. I tracked my pace and it's above 128.

Come on, man. Context! I already said I play SSOL. It should be obvious.

Last edited by Hellquist; 12-12-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #39
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
The more I play 2K17, the more I realise the biggest area for improvement is the physics engine.
There is no physics engine.

It's purely animations and math. And I don't actually mind this, a physics engine would probably be too hard to do. But... they need to add more animations for balance and also figure out a way that they're not so forced or punishing.

Getting stuck in animations or being dragged happens a lot. I try to go where the animation takes me, but it does get annoying and should be looked at.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:27 PM   #40
Rookie

as soon as the screen starts i realize theres nothing i can do to fight through and contest in time.
For the CPU thats a free possession.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »