Home

Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered

This is a discussion on Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #1
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered

One of the pet peeves I have with this game is the million screens the AI calls and how effective they are. 90% clip it seems like if anyone comes off a screen. 2K16 had the screen problem but it wasn't every damn team. Eventually you would figure out how to defend it but since this gameplay is different each time you play it and all of these damn updates and patches seems like you have to relearn how to play over and over again. AI is going to score its points no matter what you do. This resembles unrealistic, arcade-like basketball.

I doubt screens are this effective in real life and they don't call a million of them either. Like I said before: every player should have a pick and roll maestro badge. It's super overpowered no matter who is screening and coming to shoot. When I give up 90+ points it's a good day. 100-130 points is what I am giving up. It's been 3 months and still makes me mad.

I am at a lost for words. I don't even call screens but I bet it's even worse online. I just do Play Now and MyLeague. It has to be even more OP in MyPark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #2
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Screens on This Game Are Ridiculous & Overpowered

I wouldn't call them ridiculous but there are issues that need addressing. The main issue is no one sets a bad screen anymore. I've only seen one illegal screen in over 250 online games this year. Bad Screen outcomes provide balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PspLe_BNZ94

The other issue is that we need more screen outcomes, 2K does organic gameplay really well but i've seen some of the better guys do this over and over because they can trigger this interaction and get an open shot. More outcomes = less predictability. Money plays and Exploits are born from knowing you can create the same outcome over and over....its the reason Madden is so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5TG2epCwNc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p23oOV9L0aE

Lastly, screens cant be sucking defenders into them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5no8vv2VgI

Last edited by Kushmir; 12-08-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

I agree, Have you ever watched an NBA game? Hardly ever does a person actually go through it. They go under/over or switch 9 times out of 10.
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Old 12-08-2016, 11:59 AM   #4
Banned

[quote=Kushmir;2048611290]I wouldn't call them ridiculous but there are issues that need addressing. The main issue is no one sets a bad screen anymore. I've only seen one illegal screen in over 250 online games this year. Bad Screen outcomes provide balance.

The other issue is that we need more screen outcomes, 2K does organic gameplay really well but i've seen some of the better guys do this over and over because they can trigger this interaction and get an open shot. More outcomes = less predictability. Money plays and Exploits are born from knowing you can create the same outcome over and over....its the reason Madden is so bad.

This is a video game. You want the A.I to purposely set bad screens to give you another possession? You guys spend way too much time on here complaining about the game instead of just playing the game. If yall didnt spend so much time complaining, you would probably actually find a solution to the problems yall cry about.

As far as screens, its not even about the player that screening so much as it the ballhandler using the screen. If you don't wait for your teammate to set the screen and go early, there is a increased chance of an illegal screen. How hard is it to move to a spot and stand there. Its not rocket science. You guys just want another possession and increase your chances of winning the game. Stop crying and stop playing the game
Old 12-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
One of the pet peeves I have with this game is the million screens the AI calls and how effective they are. 90% clip it seems like if anyone comes off a screen. 2K16 had the screen problem but it wasn't every damn team. Eventually you would figure out how to defend it but since this gameplay is different each time you play it and all of these damn updates and patches seems like you have to relearn how to play over and over again. AI is going to score its points no matter what you do. This resembles unrealistic, arcade-like basketball.

I doubt screens are this effective in real life and they don't call a million of them either. Like I said before: every player should have a pick and roll maestro badge. It's super overpowered no matter who is screening and coming to shoot. When I give up 90+ points it's a good day. 100-130 points is what I am giving up. It's been 3 months and still makes me mad.

I am at a lost for words. I don't even call screens but I bet it's even worse online. I just do Play Now and MyLeague. It has to be even more OP in MyPark.
except its not overpowered and you complaining about screens just sounds to me like you need to get better at the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 12:24 PM   #6
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

LOL this is so funny. Dude, I don't need any help winning this game, trust me. I will show you screenshots of my team stats vs the AI as evidence. Let's not go there. Quit while you're ahead. I have a right to complain and it's not against the law.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #7
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

You know what? I am going to show screenshots. Just because someone complains about a 2K game doesn't mean they suck. Even the best players here have complained about 2K17.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
LOL this is so funny. Dude, I don't need any help winning this game, trust me. I will show you screenshots of my team stats vs the AI as evidence. Let's not go there. Quit while you're ahead. I have a right to complain and it's not against the law.
Against the A.I though? It's easy to manipulate and exploit the CPU. Play against a user online. A human will adapt and adjust defensively. Everyone knows this A.I "ACE" technology is BS in this game. you can literally do the same move over and over and it will be money in the bank every single time.

Why even bother complaining about this year's NBA 2k game though. It's broken beyond repair. It has almost 10 patches before the new year and people are still trying to get fixes. Man it times to start looking forward NBA Live 2017. Maybe they can bring the change we've been looking for

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »