Home

NBA 2k17 Player Lock Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Player Lock Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 Player Lock Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
What happens if your 'player locked' player gets traded?

So far, the only way I've done it is to control all 30 teams and automate everything, so when you get traded, you just switch teams to control, right?

I'm not sure.
Yes, but you also can set "trade approval" to on, and refuse any trade involving your player.

Other little thing i like is that you can make you player a non-starter. It gives me a more realistic immersion as an average rookie with limited minutes, instead of becoming a 35+ minutes starter in 20 games like usually happens in MyCareer.

Great topic, guys. I'll be following.

Last edited by rjms1974; 12-19-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 AM   #50
Banned

This has changed the game for me guys, I love the player lock as opposed to MyCareer for similar reasons, however I've been just player locking Simmons on MyGm as opposed to myLeague. ( I like the no turning back aspect of myGM as far as changing stats is concerned). But this has inspired me to create a player and follow him in my league wherever he goes! I'll be following your tutorial EZmadden great work! Some other idea's I've had as far as career players, I've put Shareef O'neal in a 2018 edited draft class (pan: Embracethepace does the best draft classes) and getting him to the lakers to win rings like his old man. With created players I like to blueprint the Stars they want to ply like. For example, Shaq told the media he told his son to mimic Anthony Davis play style because of his similar body size, and so I create Shareef with the same tendencies as AD and weaker attributes is Davis has 86 mid range open jumper, ShAreef will have 76, etc etc. when you add in the signatures you pretty much have a mini AD with a realistic history ( I love depth adds to the story).

Other ideas include making Gary Payton's son Julian who won't be getting drafted but played against Josh Jackson etc, so I make him with stats in low 60's, see if he gets drafted and make an expansion Seattle Sonics and try get Julian there to win that ring his dad never could.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizza23
This has changed the game for me guys, I love the player lock as opposed to MyCareer for similar reasons, however I've been just player locking Simmons on MyGm as opposed to myLeague. ( I like the no turning back aspect of myGM as far as changing stats is concerned). But this has inspired me to create a player and follow him in my league wherever he goes! I'll be following your tutorial EZmadden great work! Some other idea's I've had as far as career players, I've put Shareef O'neal in a 2018 edited draft class (pan: Embracethepace does the best draft classes) and getting him to the lakers to win rings like his old man. With created players I like to blueprint the Stars they want to ply like. For example, Shaq told the media he told his son to mimic Anthony Davis play style because of his similar body size, and so I create Shareef with the same tendencies as AD and weaker attributes is Davis has 86 mid range open jumper, ShAreef will have 76, etc etc. when you add in the signatures you pretty much have a mini AD with a realistic history ( I love depth adds to the story).

Other ideas include making Gary Payton's son Julian who won't be getting drafted but played against Josh Jackson etc, so I make him with stats in low 60's, see if he gets drafted and make an expansion Seattle Sonics and try get Julian there to win that ring his dad never could.
I like that last story, bro. Seems really cool and creative.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #52
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

So I started over, this time I decided to jump in from the league today and sim til the offseason. LeBron ended up beating Russ out for MVP despite averaging 25ppg, 10rpg and 9apg compared to Russ triple double season of 28ppg, 11rpg and 10apg. Embiid won ROY. Tyler Johnson won Sixth Man. Anthony Davis won DPOY. D'Angelo Russell won Most Improved. The Cavs won the title over the Warriors in 5 with LeBron being named finals MVP.

I put two teams in for expansion, the KC Reign and the Las Vegas Aces, and the were surprisingly accepted.

The Aces have Austin Rivers, Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Johnathon Simmons, Joe Johnson, Pascal Siakam, Solomon Hill, Biyombo, Stuckey, Acy, Damian Jones and Brice Johnson through the expansion draft/free agency and Jayson Tatum with the #4 draft pick.

The Reign have Dirk, Evan Turner, Jeremy Lamb, Jordan Mickey, Nurkic, Rubio, Tony Allen, Dejounte Murray, Mozgov, Ish Smith, Bembry and Derrick Williams through the expansion draft/free agency and Dwight Smith Jr with the #5 pick.

I put my guy into the 2017 draft and ended up getting drafted by the Pistons at #2, I was excited to play with Drummond , before the draft was over I was traded to the Pelicans and was even more excited to play with AD and Hield. It got even better when the Pels signed Rudy Gay and Greg Monroe. I'm ready to get this show on the road and see if I can win some championships now.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:35 PM   #53
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
So I started over, this time I decided to jump in from the league today and sim til the offseason. LeBron ended up beating Russ out for MVP despite averaging 25ppg, 10rpg and 9apg compared to Russ triple double season of 28ppg, 11rpg and 10apg. Embiid won ROY. Tyler Johnson won Sixth Man. Anthony Davis won DPOY. D'Angelo Russell won Most Improved. The Cavs won the title over the Warriors in 5 with LeBron being named finals MVP.

I put two teams in for expansion, the KC Reign and the Las Vegas Aces, and the were surprisingly accepted.

The Aces have Austin Rivers, Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Johnathon Simmons, Joe Johnson, Pascal Siakam, Solomon Hill, Biyombo, Stuckey, Acy, Damian Jones and Brice Johnson through the expansion draft/free agency and Jayson Tatum with the #4 draft pick.

The Reign have Dirk, Evan Turner, Jeremy Lamb, Jordan Mickey, Nurkic, Rubio, Tony Allen, Dejounte Murray, Mozgov, Ish Smith, Bembry and Derrick Williams through the expansion draft/free agency and Dwight Smith Jr with the #5 pick.

I put my guy into the 2017 draft and ended up getting drafted by the Pistons at #2, I was excited to play with Drummond , before the draft was over I was traded to the Pelicans and was even more excited to play with AD and Hield. It got even better when the Pels signed Rudy Gay and Greg Monroe. I'm ready to get this show on the road and see if I can win some championships now.

That sounds sick man! What position are you?
Old 12-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #54
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
That sounds sick man! What position are you?
I'm a Point Forward Small Forward. I don't get to start but I do get solid minutes at both PG and SF unlike MC.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:11 PM   #55
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
I'm a Point Forward Small Forward. I don't get to start but I do get solid minutes at both PG and SF unlike MC.

Yeah in My Career being a point forward doesn't actually work. But that will be sick when you get to run the P&R with AD!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 05:28 PM   #56
Rookie

blazenmusic20's Arena

I'm actually using a rookie player model and got to go through the summer league and draft. Went #1 overall as a transcendent talent(a bunch of athleticism and playmaking with no shooting as a 6'6 PG). The lottery ended up giving the T'Wolves the #1 pick so I join this young crew to try and bring the first title to MIN. I attribute my GM-like moves(going after more 3pt shooters in FA, and signing Rick Carlisle as HC) to the fact that the T'Wolves want my input as the PG and key piece to the future of the franchise. Everything except targeting players and head coaches will be completely automated. Loving this. See ya later mycareer. It's really made for online play nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »