Home

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List

This is a discussion on Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2016, 02:29 PM   #9
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K18 Wish List

I love this thread.

1. I second Baebae32 with each attribute having a potential. It's more dynamic than Ben Simmons has a potential overall of 89. It would be cool to read in a scouting report that John Smith has outstanding athletic ability but his mid range jumpshot is poor and that it can improve some but he'll never be a great or even good shooter. So no matter what I do (outside of editing him) he'll never be Ray Allen. Look at guys like MKG. It would be great to have that element replicated in Myleague. I want to see that with every attribute; it would really separate classes and players later on.

2. I want more dynamic commentary and stat banners. If I'm in year 3 and Ben Simmons has been a 2 time allstar I want to see free throw numbers from the game and career numbers. As well as hear something along the lines of, "Here's the 2 time all star and rookie of the year Simmons at the line. He's about a 70% shooter from the free throw line." Just something long that line.

2a. On the presentation front I want to see a more generic broadcast, thinking more like 2k14 this gen, for most games in ML. Then have Shaq and the crew for the big primetime games as well as playoffs. Just gives them a different feel as opposed to getting old and repetitive. Continue to get the halftime show back to where it was just back in 2k14. Reference current games and give a quick recap of things.

3. This may be a personal thing but the way generated rookie faces look just breaks immersion for me. Their faces don't feel like they belong in the same graphical universe as stock players. And that's understandable. Stock players are scanned. That's why I would like for you guys/gals to do what you did back in 2k9 (I'm going back here) with the spliced faces. It was like a hybrid of two NBA players. But at least the ingame models looked like they belonged in the same universe as stock players. I have attached a photo (sorry for the bootleg quality, lol). Either that or have premade faces like 2K14 this gen did just with a TON of head models to choose from. As well as tats.

4. Euroleague/NBDL integration in any way.

5. Simplify the Draft. I like the fancy lottery presentation. But the draft should just be guys walking up, shaking the commish's hand and donning a cap.

That's all for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161206_201505.jpg (636.9 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg 20161206_201528.jpg (626.9 KB, 345 views)
Old 12-09-2016, 03:28 PM   #10
MVP

First of all 2k does an excellent job of creating an immersive franchise mode. My biggest wish is that on the player training menu their actual rating would be displayed beside where you increase/decrease points put into the attribute. It would make it so much easier for me.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #11
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

D-League - If text based only - In your teams MyLeague calendar add a button to swap to your D-Leagues affiliate calendar. Have all the sim stats available for D-League as well as awards.

Multiple Broadcast Packages - Differentiate a Thursday night TNT style double header and a Monday night game with different layouts. What can work here also, is to have a national broadcast section when showing "daily games" on your calendar where it shows you what teams are playing eachother. Kind of like this...

Spoiler

I really like the many different broadcasters you added this year it really does make playing a regular season game feel different. Hopefully for next year you can take it one step further and make nationally televised games and regular games standout from each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 09:00 PM   #12
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
1. More storylines involving the rivalries mechanic. It would be great if this was deeper. At the moment, all I feel is a line of commentary. Ill have a think about what can be added.
I was thinking about this before, and Im struggling to come up with specific ideas. ML is so customisable, we can get lost in the detail.

I think the mode would benefit with some narrative driven cut scenes. The rivalry mechanic would be suited. Show us some highlights from epic games or performances.

Maybe that Damon Bruce guy could be used to bring in some narrative to the mode. He could do a weekly 'segment' showing some generated highlights of some great performances, or running through some notable stat lines.

Or he could discuss a trade that was made with highlights of the traded players.

I love the mode. But adding some personality and narrative to it would take it to the next level.

***The all star ad that is included is awesome. More and more of that please.

Quote:
2. Progressive fatigue needs to be a thing. We should really feel players struggling on the 2nd night of a b2b.
Just on this one, maybe Im managing my minutes really well, but my players are never anything other than fresh or rested even after back to backs.

Perhaps add in a progressive slider fatigue where setting it higher makes players more easily fatigued on the 2nd night of a b2b game.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:02 PM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
I was thinking about this before, and Im struggling to come up with specific ideas. ML is so customisable, we can get lost in the details.
For me, all they really need to do for rivalry games is to ramp the crowd up some. Have players be a little chippy and have the announcers mention how much the teams and players dislike each other.

Now there's a treasure trove of league wide anecdotes in those social media feeds. I want more of that brought to the front. Mention that KG has announced his retirement. Or that Cousins has demanded a trade. There's just so much there. It's like we have this living breathing mode but unless you dig for it you wouldn't know about a quarter of the happenings in it.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:12 AM   #14
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

With the features they added with expansion and rebranding, 2K could even just add in generic D-League teams with the accurate league setup and let us create the real courts, jerseys, and logos. D-League rosters may or may not be included. And adding on with the rebranding part, allow us to add images to anywhere on the court, so that we can truly create the actual courts of the NBA, considering teams are adding ads on sidelines by benches, and so we can add court designs like we've seen with colleges, the Bucks, Cavs, Denver, etc.

Other than that just agree with what everyone else has said.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #15
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Here's what I've got for now.....
1) The ability to add player mid-MyLeague/MyGm - self-explanatory, but just like you can import a rookie class let us import a player. Also, if we could copy a player over another player that would be helpful as well.
I really like this one. I based my ML roster off a late September roster, so I don't have access to a lot of late signings.

At the very least, include CAP within ML/MyGM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2016, 11:30 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 33

Reserved for a long post, hopefully tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »