Home

2s on Park now Rotate possessions

This is a discussion on 2s on Park now Rotate possessions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
Rookie

Conspiculous's Arena

OVR: 0

2v2's on MyPark now switch possessions. What are your opinions on this change?

I'm sure several of the high ranked players ( Nadexe, Orlando, Coach) are probably hating every single bit of it.
6'8 SF 81 Overall Two-Way Slasher
Active Daily on 2K, I play 2s, 3s & Walk-on.
If you're active and would like to run Park or Walk-on Shoot me a PSN Message and we can get some games in.
PSN: Carrboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 09:33 AM   #2
Pro

Re: 2s on Park now Rotate possessions

Definitely needed even if not realistic. If two guys want to play together but neither are a big they just cant compete because the team with the big will just keep getting offensive rebounds on every miss. This way it forces the big to guard against the 3 point line and makes two smalls a viable threat. Of course it also could open it up for even more sharpshooter complaints.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:37 AM   #3
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
Definitely needed even if not realistic. If two guys want to play together but neither are a big they just cant compete because the team with the big will just keep getting offensive rebounds on every miss. This way it forces the big to guard against the 3 point line and makes two smalls a viable threat. Of course it also could open it up for even more sharpshooter complaints.

Yes!!! Took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 12-09-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
Pro

I dont really mess with 2's like that this year but I personally don't agree with it. When we do play 2's we play with 2 guards (6'5 Playmaker, 6'6 Point Forward) and streak pretty easily so the excuse of not having a Center isn't a good one. A lot of kids who play 2's just aren't very good IMO. Pay attention to some of the park cards that's activated and that will tell you a lot. Games will just take much longer to finish now for those who live on 2's. I'm sure the complaints will be crazy on twitter lol.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #5
Pro

I thought about making a post scorer. Nope, not anymore! You will never get the ball as a post player in 3s and Pro-AM from my experience in past 2ks and what I heard from other post scorers.

Now that 2v2 alternates possessions the post scorer is officially dead in the park. He can't do anything but half court offense. His perimeter D will get torched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 01:07 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

really now it rotates ?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I dont really mess with 2's like that this year but I personally don't agree with it. When we do play 2's we play with 2 guards (6'5 Playmaker, 6'6 Point Forward) and streak pretty easily so the excuse of not having a Center isn't a good one. A lot of kids who play 2's just aren't very good IMO. Pay attention to some of the park cards that's activated and that will tell you a lot. Games will just take much longer to finish now for those who live on 2's. I'm sure the complaints will be crazy on twitter lol.

But not everyone makes a 6'5" guard. For example I made a 6'2" playmaking PG and I run with a 6'4" shot creating SG. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to not only defend the big men, which really isn't the problem, but to also get rebounds. If you can't get rebounds you'll never get possession in the game. At our size even if you box out they will stick their arms over your head and grab the rebound. This is why I feel that it's best for possessions to switch.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #8
Pro

Please remove the 21 courts no one touches and replace them with 2on2 courts in Rivet.

2k that would be a HUGE addition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »