Home

I miss 2k14

This is a discussion on I miss 2k14 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: I miss 2k14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
You can but you may not have access to store which would suck no accessories/shoes

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Im good with that lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 11:40 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

2k14 last gen gameplay was far superior to this crap of 17. At this point 17 is like 16, they patched out everything and now it works like an old man on a wheelchair. Sig skills weren't op, no suction cup defense, no stuck in animations, dribbling was still more free flowing and defense wasn't holding you every second. Ratings matered and mycareer was actually fun and far from a grind. The fact 2k patched endorsements, raised the price of.vc, keep patching archetypes so people keep making new characters, and lie tous about out ratings don't seem weird.to you? **** I can go on and on But nah. 17 is one of the worst 2k games ever made imo, next to 2k12 and 2k10
Old 12-12-2016, 12:04 PM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2001
Im good with that lol

I still play 2k14 and 15. 2k15 is definitely the best current gen version of the game. there is an offline 2k14 glitch that allows you to max your ratings, sig skills, animations etc. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the info.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:06 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAJP
I still play 2k14 and 15. 2k15 is definitely the best current gen version of the game. there is an offline 2k14 glitch that allows you to max your ratings, sig skills, animations etc. Let me know if you're interested and I'll give you the info.
I have 15 and 16. I think 16 is the best with the online stuff 15 has better shootin tho

Old 12-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #29
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Last Gen 2k14 had some of the best gameplay in the series.

I don't really miss too much about NG 2K14...the only thing that stopped that game from being a complete disaster was the graphical update being so amazing. That, and it had a small trace of LG gameplay in it. Those server issues were real though. That's the most fire I've ever seen thrown 2k's way.

I still think 2K16 is very, very underrated though. Completely disagree with that being one the 'downhill' points in the series.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #30
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I don't really miss too much about NG 2K14...the only thing that stopped that game from being a complete disaster was the graphical update being so amazing. That, and it had a small trace of LG gameplay in it. Those server issues were real though. That's the most fire I've ever seen thrown 2k's way.

I still think 2K16 is very, very underrated though. Completely disagree with that being one the 'downhill' points in the series.
I will second 2K16 being underrated.

I'm going to have to revisit 2K14 again, I really came away with the impression that it just wasn't as good, gameplay wise, as recent entries to 2K ... maybe it was recency bias with 2K17.

2K14 is worth it alone just for the UBR project, though, holy hell what fun classic seasons are in that game (even if the graphics are tough to look at last-gen sometimes).
Old 12-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

2k16 in its prime was one of the best, if not best 2ks ever made. Slowly but surely though patches killed it. Trued playing it today and almost threw up. Sadly with how trash 17 is, I still give it an edge over 16 final stage. 16 in its prime though is on a different echelon from 17 from the beginning till now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 05:24 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhead23
2k16 in its prime was one of the best, if not best 2ks ever made. Slowly but surely though patches killed it. Trued playing it today and almost threw up. Sadly with how trash 17 is, I still give it an edge over 16 final stage. 16 in its prime though is on a different echelon from 17 from the beginning till now.
I disagree i dont think there is anything wrong with 16. I hate 17 with a passion but i love 16

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »