Home

NBA 2K17 - The Grind

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 - The Grind within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 10:37 AM   #49
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K17 - The Grind

I personally don't care that it costs a lot of VC to upgrade your player. More power to 2K for being able to charge it, yet it isn't impossible to get your rating up by just playing (I have to guys in the high 80s).

What is the most annoying to me is the badge grind. I'm about ready to jump out of the window by playing on Rookie while grinding for my ankle breaker and grand badges on my playmaker. I made an athletic finisher and realized that there is no way that I plan to play MyCareer anymore than I have to, therefore I will not use him and will just stick to my playmaker because of how powerful the badges are.

Side note, but related: Played with a 66 overall sharpshooter in MyPark who had no issues making it rain because he had the necessary shooting badges.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #50
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0

Oh yes! I forgot about this too. Remember in old 2k games you could buy boosts for each attribute (I think there was only 5-6 categories for 2 years) and the more games you bought for a specific attribute category, it got cheaper?

Now there's 10 different attributes to boost, and to boost them all for 1 game costs 1200 VC. And there's no discount for buying a bunch at once.

It's as sad as 2k14 where they received huge backlash because you had to pay VC to change your team's rotations...
Old 12-20-2016, 02:18 PM   #51
Rookie

The thing with this year's game is that the grind is not suitable for a game that releases yearly. In GTA for example, I wouldn't mind taking months to up my rep and put in work knowing this will be the same game for the next few years. In 2K17 however, I don't find it enjoyable to do meaningless drills and rep up my player only to have a new version the next year. I just want to play game after game and not have to spend more time in practices than playing an actual game.

Same goes for Park, they should've offered an attribute upgrade at each level not just at SS1. It's such an insult...like thanks 2K now with my SS1 upgrades i can now take my strength from a 57 to 59 (for example).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #52
Rookie

And after you've grinded through all those practices leveling up to get your upgrades. 2K then forces you to grind in another Play mode that should have nothing to do with your NBA career just to get the rest of your upgrades. They expect you to play thousands of games to take up so we can walk around with pet Tigers and fly around in Jet packs. Very corny
Old 12-20-2016, 06:25 PM   #53
MVP

ph33's Arena

As was mentioned above, if we could carry rep from year to year or something similar to that, it would be nice. But I'm not subjecting myself to thousands of games with randoms just so I can be the Phoenix Suns gorilla for a few months. I think they messed up by not counting Pro AM games as rep.

If they kept the same rep system and made it so that we could reset player types, height/weight and redistribute attributes when we want, then that'd be a little more reasonable. But having to grind offline and then even more online is simply overkill, especially since they barely reward returning players and longtime supporters. And forcing us to buy the same animations again with a new player is simply ridiculous.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I'm at the point where I'm willing to PAY real Money to get me out of the grind.

Can I just pay $60 and get a finished character with full badges? The badges take forevvverrr and all those little +1 things I've still never gotten around to doing.

Instead of paying for just VC, lemme buy the dude lol

I don't wanna grind with chores. I'll "grind" learning the controls and the moves, I'll "grind" trying to get Ws in ProAm or Park, but I really hate the "do this really boring thing 1,000 times to earn X" system.
That's what they want you to do. Spend money
Old 12-20-2016, 06:32 PM   #55
Rookie

I dont care about the grinding but don't force me play a game mode that's made online arcade just to upgrade my player. Just make My Park and My Career separate. They focuse so much making this game NBA Street they make My Career completely obsolete
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 07:23 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELPAGA
I dont care about the grinding but don't force me play a game mode that's made online arcade just to upgrade my player. Just make My Park and My Career separate. They focuse so much making this game NBA Street they make My Career completely obsolete
Go the player lock franchise route, much better than MC, make your own story and own way plus control the things you want so superstar players don't get benched just because you and Justice show up

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »