Home

Park Rep Should Be Soley Based On Winning Games

This is a discussion on Park Rep Should Be Soley Based On Winning Games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Park Rep Should Be Soley Based On Winning Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzombniac
Sad to say, that is a ton of rep at the higher ranks. Anything lower and you get rep in the .1-.5. It's just all about scaling it to your rank. I'm an all star 3 so it's not like I'm that high up there like some others but considering I've played about 400-500 park games to get there, it's not too bad. I wouldn't consider myself an all day Park player either even though I do play it more than last year since a lot of my Pro-Am squad doesn't really run Pro-Am anymore. There's a good chance I'll probably make it to Superstar 1 but I don't at all see myself going very far past that. Just like I never made it to the last stage of Legend in the last few games; 2K15 was my closest getting to legend 2 and that was because of Rec Center. Ideally, I'd play more Walk On to rep up but it's useless when you're playing with randoms. I can take 5-10 minutes of bad randoms in the Park but not 20 in the Pro-Am. Whether it's being frozen out of offense, being accused of buddy ball two possessions into the game passing it to the PG in the inbounds or having the PG take 30 3 pointers because the AI kept giving him the ball despite him passing maybe 3 times the whole game...I don't enjoy that mode very much.

I think the best "secret" I can say is to be a C. If you're a decent all around player, you're gonna not just score but get boards, get some assists and play some defense that even if you get frozen out on offense you can get offensive rebounds and create your own. If there's one issue I do notice that rep should be fixed with, it's that bigs seem to get it easier because I also have a PG and a SF who are more of a struggle to get A+'s, even though I play similar with them.
Oh yea Im a GC and Allstar 3 too, but the rep rewards can do a lot better overall
Old 12-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #18
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I reached Superstar 1 in under 700 games played between Park and Walkon. 150 of those games were from Walk On.

My Park grade average is B+ and 75% of my games played is as a 6ft6 Playmaker PG. The secondary character is a 6ft4 Shot Creator PG.

What I feel goes unrecognized for rep is ending streaks, holding 10+ or higher win streaks, beating higher reps and losing to lower reps.

I'm content with teammate grades being as valuable as they are but there should be nice incentives for the above and also greater concewuences for losing to lower reps with a poor grade.

Right now, the only way I lose rep is for having a grade below a C. I don't even get rep for a C, possibly even a C+.. the other punishment is for quitting games.

On Superstar 1, a green grade will net you about .04 to .06 lol

I like the teammate grade incentive because it essentially speaks volume of your productivity. No good setting 100 screens but getting 100 defensive breakdowns. It's the incentive for wins that doesn't have a great enough impact on your rep.

You hit a 100 game win streak and still get the same rep progress as 1 win.. there is no bonus being given as a multiplier or modifier and there should be when holding 10+ -game win streaks, ending 10+ win streaks, beating rivals in rival parks, beating higher reps and even out performing a higher rep match-up.

So no, don't make it a narrow, singular metric for rep instead open up rep incentives to more opportunities for rep progress.

My win percentage was 75% when I reached Superstar 1. I was also greatly benefited from winning Walkon games during the X2 rep bonus weekend. About 50 wins in Walkon and 20 more in Park helped me go from All Star 5 to Superstar 1 in weekend.

Right now, best thing to do is take care of your own yard and get positive green grades which are an A- or better. Unfortunately, bad shot selections and ball hogging do not hurt grades as they should nor do forced turnovers and defensive stops benefit your grade as much as they should.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 12-15-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:23 PM   #19
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
What I feel goes unrecognized for rep is ending streaks, holding 10+ or higher win streaks, beating higher reps and losing to lower reps.
I always wished they'd give some bonuses for this.

I remember when I first started playing park and when I went on a long streak I was wondering "I must be getting some kind of Streak bonus for this, right?".

I shoulda known better...
Old 12-16-2016, 09:08 AM   #20
Banned

jax01's Arena

2K needs to get rid of the "didn't guard guy" or wtvr negative grade thing. If make a smart double team I shouldn't be penalized for leaving my guy. It makes people so dependent on the who to guard arrow instead of just playing rotating defense.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:17 PM   #21
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
2K needs to get rid of the "didn't guard guy" or wtvr negative grade thing. If make a smart double team I shouldn't be penalized for leaving my guy. It makes people so dependent on the who to guard arrow instead of just playing rotating defense.
I'm OK with the leave assignment grade but it's analysis needs to be improved.

In the event of a switch it should recognize the new assignment while both players are on new men.

Smart double team could trigger more to squash leave assignment on double teams but we need the double team animations to trigger more efficiently and organically - it's very rough and random to my eyes right now.

I'll sometimes get leave assignment knocked on my grade when I go to retrieve a loose ball. Offense will regain possession and 2k is immediately hammering me for leave assignment.

There is also counter productive canned animations playing out during live play that you cannot cancel out of and the grade is being hammered for leaving assignment while your player wipes his shoes and stretches out his arms and neck 😬

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #22
Rookie

gametyme89's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't like the idea of rep only being based on winning when AT BEST you're only 50% responsible for winning or losing the games. Control is taken out of your hands to dictate the outcome of a game when you don't have total control of all players involved and I don't think you should be penalized for that.

I'm more in favor to leave it as it is. Be rewarded for being a great teammate.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #23
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

One thing 2k should steal from NBA Live 16 is to put a message above player's heads that says what they did to earn a +1 to their grade.

Make it less ugly, but whenever you did something to add to your grade (like set a screen) in Live 16 a "Screen +1" would show up over the player's head.

This made it obvious who was doing what and made you feel good about doing basic, but fundamental things like setting a screen.

https://youtu.be/7M6xGJSlQpA?t=17m15s

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 12-16-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:56 PM   #24
Rookie

It's perfectly fine the way it is BUT it is too much of a grind. Orlando got L1 and didn't get nothing worth those 11,000 games. 500,000 VC? You can earn that easily. And LOL Legend Walks? The ones that we could easily get previous games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »