Home

Why can't I icon pass when inbounding?

This is a discussion on Why can't I icon pass when inbounding? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Why can't I icon pass when inbounding?

This has happened to me multiple times now. Before my inbounder has the ball, I can pick my play and pick what player I want to control on the court by using icons as per normal. However after my inbounder has the ball and is attempting to pass, for whatever reason, I can't bring up the passing icons. I click R1 (on PS4) which is how you'd normally bring up the passing icons, but no mater how many times I press it, the icons won't come up. I'm only able to inbound the ball by pressing X (pass button on PS4) which obviously only allows me to pass it to the player I'm controlling, which is normally the PG. If for example my SG comes off a screen and is wide open, I can't bring up the icons to pass him the ball. Has anyone had this happen to them before, or maybe even heard about this? I know how to icon pass. It's how I pass 90% of the time in game, but it simply won't work when inbounding. It's really frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Why can't I icon pass when inbounding?

You have to be in control of the inbounder in order to bring the passing icons up. They won't show up if you are controling one of the players on the court.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Pressing square/A will highlight the round under to whom you are gonna pass too.

Every time you press, a different player will be highlighted
Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchburner
You have to be in control of the inbounder in order to bring the passing icons up. They won't show up if you are controling one of the players on the court.
How do I be the inbounder? If my SF is inbounding for example, do I just bring up the icons and press square (PS4)? For some reason I thought you had to be a player on the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Pressing square/A will highlight the round under to whom you are gonna pass too.

Every time you press, a different player will be highlighted
Didn't know this either. So if I'm locked onto someone and can't bring up the icons, pressing square will cycle me through the players?
Old 12-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #5
Pro

It's because both players can't have icons activated at the same time during inbounds. It's been this way as long as I can remember.

It used to be that you couldn't have both activated at any time which is way worse.

On inbounds plays try activating your icons immediately so you get access to them early, but then you have to rely on the inbounds play to get someone open.

Last edited by killakrok; 12-13-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchburner
No, you can icon switch to anyone at any time. It's because the opponent has their icons up at the same time preventing you from seeing yours.

You can test this out in a game with both controllers. On an inbound activate the defending team's switch icons and you won't be able to activate the inbounding team's pass icons, and vice versa. Use this knowledge responsibly hahah.

Last edited by killakrok; 12-13-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakrok
No, you can icon switch to anyone at any time. It's because the opponent has their icons up at the same time preventing you from seeing yours.

You can test this out in a game with both controllers. On an inbound activate the defending team's switch icons and you won't be able to activate the inbounding team's pass icons, and vice versa. Use this knowledge responsibly hahah.
That maybe the case, but that's not the case here as I never play online. This is against the CPU. My icons never show up.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:58 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
That maybe the case, but that's not the case here as I never play online. This is against the CPU. My icons never show up.
Damn that's rough. Is that xbox or ps4?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »