Home

For online players only.....

This is a discussion on For online players only..... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2016, 07:36 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: For online players only.....

Player defending these day : spam square or spam triangle. which is sad
Old 12-17-2016, 05:29 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Re: Blocks...

there needs to be some strength difference when it comes to guards blocking dunks or inside moves (for instance, most of the time guards don't get blocks 1 on 1 vs bigs because the bigs body them away), but I am all for being able to block if you can get good timing.

Block rating is a hard thing to do because if you look at steal, it's not so much about the ball anymore. Sure, if you are good you can rip the ball, but a lot of it has to do with just triggering animations. Blocking is blocking if you touch the ball.

They need to make it more dynamic as I have said a bunch of times, but it's hard. Aside from that, though, players should be harder to block. The animation ISN'T tied enough to the player. I would prefer that a new animation trigger based on button pressed + jump and what sort of input the offensive player makes, also based on distance. Right now, it's the huge dragon punch/karate chop blocks that are annoying because of the crazy amount of ground you can cover. And there's no downside to just jumping into someone. It isn't like you have to be perfect about how much you jump or else you'll smash into their body.

It's a physics issue, but it also needs a redefine in terms of what blocking rating affects. Blocking should be related to blocking animations you can have and maybe body control in terms of avoiding the foul. The rest should be related to physical attributes and IQ, imo.

I feel the same about rebounding...

-Smak
Old 12-17-2016, 06:07 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Re: Blocks...

there needs to be some strength difference when it comes to guards blocking dunks or inside moves (for instance, most of the time guards don't get blocks 1 on 1 vs bigs because the bigs body them away), but I am all for being able to block if you can get good timing.

Block rating is a hard thing to do because if you look at steal, it's not so much about the ball anymore. Sure, if you are good you can rip the ball, but a lot of it has to do with just triggering animations. Blocking is blocking if you touch the ball.

They need to make it more dynamic as I have said a bunch of times, but it's hard. Aside from that, though, players should be harder to block. The animation ISN'T tied enough to the player. I would prefer that a new animation trigger based on button pressed + jump and what sort of input the offensive player makes, also based on distance. Right now, it's the huge dragon punch/karate chop blocks that are annoying because of the crazy amount of ground you can cover. And there's no downside to just jumping into someone. It isn't like you have to be perfect about how much you jump or else you'll smash into their body.

It's a physics issue, but it also needs a redefine in terms of what blocking rating affects. Blocking should be related to blocking animations you can have and maybe body control in terms of avoiding the foul. The rest should be related to physical attributes and IQ, imo.

I feel the same about rebounding...

-Smak
One way to implement your idea would be to make aggressive blocks (turbo button blocks) have a much higher rate of fouling. And two, make height, position, and arm length all actually matter.

None of which should be hard to fix for a dev team. And should have been done in the first place by a quality dev team.

Its like 2k decided to hire a different dev team or this one has lost their touch or desire.
Did they let being #1 go to their head?
They sure let us down!
Old 12-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
One way to implement your idea would be to make aggressive blocks (turbo button blocks) have a much higher rate of fouling. And two, make height, position, and arm length all actually matter.

None of which should be hard to fix for a dev team. And should have been done in the first place by a quality dev team.

Its like 2k decided to hire a different dev team or this one has lost their touch or desire.
Did they let being #1 go to their head?
They sure let us down!
It'd by design. It's way easier to reach and steal as well as block... that's because people want more engagement while playing. Nobody wants to play a game where they just sit and wait for the right chance. I have played some other 2ks since I put 17 down and trying to play them like this gets you laughably owned. I feel like somehow I have gotten worse at the game because of how bad I am at the previous versions.

I really like the idea of making it more physical so maybe it could be physical/stick engagement to have people constantly pushing, releasing pressure (like you would when playing D) and getting it right so you could make people miss and get a better block.

But since they want, it seems, to have defense be very heavy on square and heavy on triangle... they can't really add fouls or bad outcomes because the people who they want pounding the controller would be fouling it. I kind of agree that button mashing does engage people, though. But I think they could make it so that, as I said, the engagement could be subtle position and bumping opposed to just steal steal steal or jump jump jump.

-Smak
Old 12-22-2016, 08:43 AM   #21
Pro

I like the right stick defense in the post.
It's far from perfect, but definitely something that 2k could build on.

It adds the feeling of checking someone with your body and the feeling of strength in the post.
It needs work, but it adds another dimension to post play and post play definitely needs more work.

It's one "idea" that I feel 2k is on the right track with in 17.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »