Home

We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

This is a discussion on We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2016, 07:15 PM   #25
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

Wait a minute... the My Career is based on an NBA career.

Until the NBA becomes coed.. it will remain a man only league and WNBA a woman league.. come on.. a WNBA title doesn't need women advocating for men to be players in their game.

If Career and Park were separate I can understand female characters and players of all sorts of body types and backgrounds participating on the blacktop streets.

There is inclusion and then there is unnecessary additions. Go ahead and add female referees and female coaches as seasons progress. Go ahead and add female refs to Park. Go ahead and add female NBA color commentators.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2016, 07:31 PM   #26
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Wait a minute... the My Career is based on an NBA career.

Until the NBA becomes coed.. it will remain a man only league and WNBA a woman league.. come on.. a WNBA title doesn't need women advocating for men to be players in their game.

If Career and Park were separate I can understand female characters and players of all sorts of body types and backgrounds participating on the blacktop streets.

There is inclusion and then there is unnecessary additions. Go ahead and add female referees and female coaches as seasons progress. Go ahead and add female refs to Park. Go ahead and add female NBA color commentators.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
At the same time, why do people care what others do in their own careers? If you don't want to play as a female character, that's perfectly fine. But why not let others? If you played as a male in MyCareer, the only time you'd actually see any female characters would be when playing online in MyPark. So from your perspective, it'd be the same thing as only having female characters available in the park, which you said you could understand.

So why not have the option in MyCareer for those who want to use it?
Old 12-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 0

I still haven't figured out what the hell kind of story line OP wants in the park. On another note idk if I want them to do that route of first female NBA player and whatnot because we see how much they already struggle to make ONE story that barley spans a single season do y'all REALLY want them to do two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #28
MVP

What is this talk about female NBA players? I thought OP was only referring to females in MyPark.

Has anyone here been in favor of the park story idea? I can't see that being executed properly.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2016, 10:52 PM   #29
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
What is this talk about female NBA players? I thought OP was only referring to females in MyPark.

Has anyone here been in favor of the park story idea? I can't see that being executed properly.

i don't know lol i clearly stated separate mypark from mycareer which would make having female created myplayers available since it wouldn't be linked to the NBA.

im lost on the park story line as well but that would be 2k jobs to figure out i just threw out an idea.

lets be honest majority of people who play mycareer only play it to get badges and make their player better then they never touch it again unless their making another player nobody actually plays the mode because their in love with it. im sure their are some who do really like mycareer or play it to get footage for their youtube channels thats why i said it might as well not even be connected with park.

Let the mycareer guys have all the attributes, heck let them increase in their myplayer height up to 7'5 for the yao ming fans while their at it. just ban the mycareer players from being used in park. And for the park allow female myplayers to be introduced. i dont see the big deal park isn't meant to realistic anyway.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:55 PM   #30
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood

i don't know lol i clearly stated separate mypark from mycareer which would make having female created myplayers available since it wouldn't be linked to the NBA.

im lost on the park story line as well but that would be 2k jobs to figure out i just threw out an idea.

lets be honest majority of people who play mycareer only play it to get badges and make their player better then they never touch it again unless their making another player nobody actually plays the mode because their in love with it. im sure their are some who do really like mycareer or play it to get footage for their youtube channels thats why i said it might as well not even be connected with park.

Let the mycareer guys have all the attributes, heck let them increase in their myplayer height up to 7'5 for the yao ming fans while their at. just ban the mycareer players from being used in park. And for the park allow female myplayers to be introduced. i dont see the big deal park isn't meant to realistic anyway.

we can have people flying around on jet packs but not play as a female character? how many people in your local park do you see flying around on jet packs
Old 12-16-2016, 12:32 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy

Let the mycareer guys have all the attributes, heck let them increase in their myplayer height up to 7'5 for the yao ming fans while their at. just ban the mycareer players from being used in park. And for the park allow female myplayers to be introduced. i dont see the big deal park isn't meant to realistic anyway.

we can have people flying around on jet packs but not play as a female character? how many people in your local park do you see flying around on jet packs

I see about as many jetpacks as I see 7'3 clowns with pick Afros draining half court threes . Park is so far from real it isn't funny but that jetpacks thing doesn't affect gameplay this is something that will. Honestly I don't really care either way whe there some thing like this is done or not but I do care if it is done right. 2K already has a lot of problems as it is and I just can't see something like this being done without adding a whole other set of bugs/glitches/balance issues/ etc.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2016, 03:34 AM   #32
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

I swear some people make no sense. Adding females would literally be a model change. They wouldn't have less stats or more stats just a simple model change. Saying girls would be capped at 45 or would get rekt.. Just sounds stupid. Everything would be the same except their appearance. Think GTA Online.

Last edited by Hopsin; 12-16-2016 at 04:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »