Home

We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

This is a discussion on We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #49
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAJP
The problem is the racism that already exists in park isn't going to be helped by this, it would just add misogyny/anti-LGBT attitudes into the mix. Way too many white dudes are comfortable using the n word.

That's just online gaming as a whole, that will never change unfortunately. People will say anything hiding behind a TV.

The real struggle is that since I'm white nobody passes me the rock in the Park haha. Jk. But not really. #whitemencantjumpbutillposterizeyouon2k

On a serious note though anyone saying racist things, no matter what race it's about, in the Park or any online gaming is probably either a little kid or a dirt bag. I think it's a good idea to add females to the Park or for MyCareer, but keep it at that bc the whole ratings discussion will be insane if they try to add WNBA teams to square off against NBA or Euro teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 10:33 PM   #50
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexthelegend
Why?

You didn't really give a reason why females need to be in an nba game.
I'll give a reason: Because women are customers too
Old 12-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #51
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
People who follow the WNBA.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Yea so... nobody.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 08:16 AM   #52
Banned

jax01's Arena

Maybe as DLC. The demand for this is probably like 1%. 2K ain't gonna put time and effort towards something that likely won't pay off much.

And if this game is about realism, that means realistically a woman player would be rated like 30 ovr if she gonna be going up against guy players. The novelty would wear off REAL QUICK after you can only do crappy slow moves
Old 12-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Yea so... nobody.....
Is that why the league has been going for over 20 years now? C'mon just stop.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:19 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Maybe as DLC. The demand for this is probably like 1%. 2K ain't gonna put time and effort towards something that likely won't pay off much.

And if this game is about realism, that means realistically a woman player would be rated like 30 ovr if she gonna be going up against guy players. The novelty would wear off REAL QUICK after you can only do crappy slow moves
Smh you guys with the "realism"... It would only be for park, which is not realistic. Saying females have to have ratings capped is like saying you only get certain attributes based on race. Its just basketball and park is an arcade game mode. Park after dark is not realism but thats ok. 2k already has female models in the game so honestly it would not exhaust developers too much. I can go on my pc and create a team full of females in less than an hour. I did it in 2k16 and created a whole wnba mod in 2k14.

I agree there are other things 2k could be working on. I agree the demand for this is probably less than 10% of user base. I even agree that 2K probably would implement this badly.

I do not agree that they should avoid this due to "realism" issues, or because it would take up a lot of dev resources (if its just a face/body model type of thing)

I doubt 2k has any interest in adding females, park storyline, or seperating park/ mycareer unless making more VC and more profit is involved because it is not directly correlated to NBA experience. But I still thinks its a cool, creative idea

Old 12-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #55
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Is that why the league has been going for over 20 years now? C'mon just stop.

Let's just face it 98% of people would rather go to the NBA Championship than the WNBA Championship. People just like the NBA more. I'm not trying to sound sexist but i just feel like it would be a huge waste of time for 2k when they already have tons of other problems with the games that need fixing. They shouldn't waste their time trying to appeal to the very extremely small percentage of people that may want to play with WNBA teams every once in a while.

Yes, the league has been going for 20 years but has it been successful? No.. The league is hurting for money. There's not enough fan interest and it's really hurting the league and the players in the league.

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 12-21-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 11:50 AM   #56
Banned

If women are introduced to the game would the k in 2k stand for kitchen? Shots fired!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »