Home

Omer Asik with 22 assists in 1 half versus the 98 Bulls on HOF difficulty

This is a discussion on Omer Asik with 22 assists in 1 half versus the 98 Bulls on HOF difficulty within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 03:51 AM   #33
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Omer Asik with 22 assists in 1 half versus the 98 Bulls on HOF difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I won't open up this debate again, but the CPU offense is smoking. The OP screens are good IMO. And the CPU makes some pretty dynamic decisions. I shoot the gap, they go back door. I hang off my man, they get him the ball.
I've wondered if this was the issue. Is the offense so good now that the defense looks bad? Is the defensive side of the ball simply not at the level that the offensive side is yet?
Old 12-19-2016, 04:02 AM   #34
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I've wondered if this was the issue. Is the offense so good now that the defense looks bad? Is the defensive side of the ball simply not at the level that the offensive side is yet?
I think the defense is good, but I think the OP screens have made it advantage offense this year.

When I go into replay after a defensive breakdown, I often notice the collision physics are the cause. One guys gets nudged which triggers weird animations. Their man gets open, rotation comes and the 1st guy scrambles to the wrong rotation.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:21 AM   #35
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
This I think is a huge reason. At any point during an offensive possession a user can at least attack as a 2 man unit with a simple pnr. But those who are more orngazied or even just happens to run a simple action within a freelance will get a 3-5 man unit attack. The defensive AI is not good enough to deal with that at all. What I do will further overload that defense because I go off script on read and react actions within a play set. Either way the answer remains obvious, the defense is terrible and weak when compared to what we can do on the offensive side.

The 2K defense only looks good if you play slow and try to attack in ways that favour it to react. If you want to see it adjust you literally have to slow your own game down to help it out .... Even then the paint is still wide open anytime you drag a big out: WIDE OPEN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #36
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
But the thing we have to ask ourself is if the gaff is acceptable. For me these cuts working so well really isn't acceptable. They work on every level of the game and is a sign of just how bad some of the fundamentals flaws are with the AI on defense off ball.

There no off ball paint protection for anyone diving into the paint, if we act like that's okay I really don't know what to say. And remember is been like this since 2K14... Nothing in this aspect has changed, the center does not paint patrol and rim protect on any off ball cuts.

We are dealing with a game that can't guard any off ball cuts and double team players in a way that leaves open 3's on strongside plus dunks in the paint. Things are pretty bad and dire on the defensive end on 2K right now, I really think we should be panicking LOL

Seriously 118 pts by Rondo, 22 assists by Asik in a half, and Hawks giving up a DRTG of 160 because of terrible double logic ... Things are really really bad ....
Ok I need more information on this. What was the difficulty? Were the sliders touched? Were there any defensive adjustments made? Something is wrong here lol
Old 12-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #37
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

If there were an accurate amount of turnovers for risky passes, yall would be crying like babies like yall do with everything else that is realistic.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #38
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
If there were an accurate amount of turnovers for risky passes, yall would be crying like babies like yall do with everything else that is realistic.
Increasing turnovers would be great. Not all turnovers are steals though, more bad passes by bad passers would make the game more realistic.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 12-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #39
MVP

I don't understand the defense of a system the devs claimed can make "6,000 ADJUSTMENTS" and can be updated throughout the year. I don't understand the defense of a system which the dev stated they got direct scouting from a vast majority of real life scouts from the team themselves.

Da_Czar in damn near every stream makes this statement and I pay attention to it, "Basketball is really simple men, take what the defense gives you" So Sam and Bama makes a video of taking what the defense gives you and you guys talk about "money plays, exploits and other stuff about the player instead of the game not making at least 1 of its 6,000 adjustments. If 6,000 adjustments isn't bullet proof it's damn near.

The moral of the story, don't make outlandish claims about something that could easily be checked out. I mean 6,000, C'mon son.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

- I don't think that defense is anymore "broken" than previous years.It's that they have removed majority of stat boosts and script boost that were tied to difficulty level this year and this is what is left.While it was brave step, but it looks like ti will be work in progress for at least few years.

- Question is where they will go from here, is it going to be sim route or E-sports route.

- If it's sim , they will have to make defense important, because Defense wins titles , even when GSW won title it was because they defensively shut down Cavs and others.

- If they go for E-sports, then you will see more and more shoutouts and game probably being optimized for shorter periods, because as it looks like , today's wider public doesn't get excited by tight defensive play , but only by constant scoring and more arcadish approach...

We will see...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »