Home

if you glitched your person in my career, 2k is looking for you.

This is a discussion on if you glitched your person in my career, 2k is looking for you. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: if you glitched your person in my career, 2k is looking for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Word. I've said it multiple times and I'll keep saying it. The whole idea of having to hit Superstar 5 to get the remaining upgrades was a HORRIBLE idea. They should've just put the remaining 10 upgrades back in MyCareer. It may be unfair to those who have grinded to unlock them but I think that's a small percentage anyway.
Almost every idea for 2k17 was a horrible idea. And their ideas on how to fix their other horrible ideas are equally horrible!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #26
Banned

I didn't glitch or get the message so I'm unaffected by this latest development. However, I do wonder why 2k wouldn't have used that glitch to recognise that it was an Ill conceived system to begin with and unlock them from the start for everyone.

In 2k15 there was a demigod glitch allowing people to allow 7'2 point guards; did 2k ban these users destroying park? No, they had a massive vc sale to take advantage of it. You can't have it both ways 2k.

Does this mean that all players glitching badges and packages they don't qualify for, will also have them removed or is it just selective?
Old 12-19-2016, 04:01 PM   #27
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
Well you cant compare running a red light or breaking the law to this. One is clearly against the law while the other is a function of the game.

You cant argue that you "didnt know" about the red light, because getting your license involves you passing a written and road test.

In 2K going to practices is a function on the game. Also 2K devs specifically said you can get to 99 by doing pratices, and doing work. Nothing about being tied to MyPark rank until AFTER the "glitch" came out

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2048389588

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2...3795803517267/
You missed the point if the red light analogy. Regardless of me knowing or not knowing, I'm still getting a ticket. The absence of the knowledge that you are doing wrong doesn't absolve the wrongful act itself. There are still consequences to your actions.

They also specifically mentioned that you got 125 upgrades, and the other 10 through park multiple times before release(Mike Wang, and a few twitter posts aswell). Because people were planning builds before the release with that info. Yes, they said doing work gets you to 99, but they also flipped and said you get 125 upgrades, and earn 10 from park.

Once again, I agree with the notion that people that unknowingly did this are getting a raw deal. But even then, there's more than likely a clause on returning/refunding VC in the purchase screen. This is why any sort of virtual currency is scary in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-19-2016, 04:20 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
You missed the point if the red light analogy. Regardless of me knowing or not knowing, I'm still getting a ticket. The absence of the knowledge that you are doing wrong doesn't absolve the wrongful act itself. There are still consequences to your actions.

They also specifically mentioned that you got 125 upgrades, and the other 10 through park multiple times before release(Mike Wang, and a few twitter posts aswell). Because people were planning builds before the release with that info. Yes, they said doing work gets you to 99, but they also flipped and said you get 125 upgrades, and earn 10 from park.

Once again, I agree with the notion that people that unknowingly did this are getting a raw deal. But even then, there's more than likely a clause on returning/refunding VC in the purchase screen. This is why any sort of virtual currency is scary in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well I guess we would have to agree to disagree on that analogy. Not knowing or knowing whats the law puts the onus on the offender. You are still doing some you shouldnt be doing

Going to practice, and doing work is something that's intending by game design (not talking about the glitching part). So If I do whats intended of the games design, no matter the outcome (in this case more attributes) how is it that the player is in violation. Whether you know or not as you said, whats the violation? Playing too many Practices, Doing too much work? Is so what Term and Condition address this?

You cant violate terms and condition from results only from the act. 2K can reset Attributes all day long, but if they don't refund VC how can they point to a violation you committed if you did not. Again Doing Practices and Doing work is not a violation (no matter what the game rewarded you with)

Edit nevermind that question below. I was able to see where the upgrades from MyPark come from(Though I still dont know if this is the only way, or if Doing Work was intended also but was change after the fact, and if thats the case how could you violate a term retroactively):

And Im not trying to call you out, but can you link to where they said the 10 attributes can only come from MyPark. I can find statements directly from 2K that said you can from Doing Work.

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 12-19-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:27 PM   #29
Banned

jax01's Arena

HAHA Suckers!

That's what people get for doing the Practice glitch or whatever. Saw a bunch of dudes with 98 ovr, obviously glitched. My friend had a 98 guy, he said he's back to 95. Good. When you're talking e-sports, glad 2K is dealing with the cheaters to make it fair.

So basically all those 98 ovr's who glitched weeks ago and are planning on doing the pro-am tourny, they will have to get used to their (less rated) player again. Serves 'em right for glitching.
Old 12-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #30
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
Well I guess we would have to agree to disagree on that analogy. Not knowing or knowing whats the law puts the onus on the offender. You are still doing some you shouldnt be doing

Going to practice, and doing work is something that's intending by game design (not talking about the glitching part). So If I do whats intended of the games design, no matter the outcome (in this case more attributes) how is it that the player is in violation. Weather you know or not as you said, whats the violation? Playing too many Practices, Doing too much work? Is so what Term and Condition address this?

You cant violate terms and condition from results only from the act. 2K can reset Attributes all they long, but if they don't refund VC how can they point to a violation you committed if you did not. Again Doing Practices and Doing work is not a violation (no matter what the game rewarded you with)

And Im not trying to call you out, but can you link to where they said the 10 attributes can only come from MyPark. I can find statements directly from 2K that said you can from Doing Work.
I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. I'm only responding to this thread to clear up my meanings, and further explain my opinion. Not really trying to call you out either, just backing my statements up the best that I can.

Anyway, first piece I recall seeing is this
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ba-2k17-6.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
This year you're starting with 20 as you can see in some of the screenshots that have been released (i.e. when you're choosing your archetype). Then, you can purchase 80 levels with your VC. After that, you'll earn 25 more in live practice. You can add them to whatever category/tower you want, however, you will be limited by the caps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
The 125 will not be your max. There will be more levels available later, I just don't believe we've announced that feature yet.

If you max out a PG in a tower and you max out a C in a tower, that doesn't always mean their attributes will be the same. Your vitals play a huge part in your specific attributes. Taller guys won't shoot off the dribble as well as smaller guys, for example. So if you create 2 PGs with different vitals, their attributes will be different as well.
That's verbatim, from a developer, dated September 2nd, Same day as you're posts.

Says explicitly you start with 20, have 80, and can gain an extra 25 THROUGH PRACTICE. You unlock more in a special way that you didn't in previous 2Ks. But explicitly 125 is the max doing practice.

Edit: Special way is mentioned in the next page, but essentially laid it out a few times as only 125 through live practice.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #31
Pro

I kept getting upgrades through practice grinding MyCareer before the patch and they reset me from a 97 to a 95. That's fine, my question is can I continue to get more upgrades through practice or am I screwed now because 2k decided to take away my speed with ball?

I might have to do a charge back if that's the case. 2k giveth and 2k taketh, sk8board giveth and sk8board taketh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #32
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

It's the way that 2k words things that is annoying... like you did something wrong and not them. Some people glitched, plenty of people are just a product of a bug.

2k does the same thing when you crash out of a game,, they tell you "Something is wrong with YOUR connection." Um? Excuse me? It ain't my connection that is broken! lol

That's their mentality - its your fault, not theirs. No accountability. Makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »