Home

Does multiple versions of same player annoy anyone else?

This is a discussion on Does multiple versions of same player annoy anyone else? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question Does multiple versions of same player annoy anyone else?

The constant versions of the same player being just a tad different. Like having gold Lebron, then emerald, then sapphire then diamond all being just a tad different but making all the other versions pretty much useless...

Like i understand introducing different versions as rewards and future updates, but there is just too damn darn versions constantly being made even on first day of release.

You look at games like Madden, and you see guys like AJ Green, he has like 3 versions of him... thats it... David Johnson a star running back has like 3 versions of himself as well.... You look at 2k basketball and its like 6 or 7 or 8 versions of the same player...

I dont know, maybe im just over reacting, just wondering if anyone else feels remotely the same
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 03:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does multiple versions of same player annoy anyone else?

I mean..i guess. But does it really matter? I'm not too into myTEAM this year, but it only mattered to me when scouting certain players on opponents (ie old MJ couldn't shoot 3s, new MJ could).
Old 12-19-2016, 04:12 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbk360
I mean..i guess. But does it really matter? I'm not too into myTEAM this year, but it only mattered to me when scouting certain players on opponents (ie old MJ couldn't shoot 3s, new MJ could).
It does matter. 2k sells us the same player 7 times. Kinda lame. And with the cost of badges being so high, forget it.

Cost: A lot of $$$ or your life in the AH

Also need like 10 characters if you like doing more than 1 thing in MyCareer.

Cost: A lot of $$$ or 10 million vertical jumps
Old 12-19-2016, 07:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
It does matter. 2k sells us the same player 7 times. Kinda lame. And with the cost of badges being so high, forget it.

Cost: A lot of $$$ or your life in the AH

Also need like 10 characters if you like doing more than 1 thing in MyCareer.

Cost: A lot of $$$ or 10 million vertical jumps
Exactly, and even besides the cost its just frustrating on pulling a card, it does its flashy animations and then you get a emerald Lebron, but wait, he also comes in sapphire, ruby, diamond, gold like wtf....

Maybe my memory is not serving me right, but i dont remember so many similar choices all having like a few stats difference but huge rarity separating same exact player in 2k15 and before.

I want to go back to where if i pull a Lebron in a pack, i know that i just got super lucky and i got rewarded for it, not oh hey its worth 5k because its only semi green, and not really green.... Or its blue and not red....Its like yeah its a bronze Lebron, you still got silver and gold and emerald and sapphire and ruby and diamond.... Jesus, just not only confusing for the consumer which is the gamer, but overall really bundled and thrown together to be appealing.

Even the pack opening are no longer fun to watch because people are constantly pulling emeralds that are worthless...sapphires that are worthless..... just too many variations that dont make much of a difference.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Coming from The Show's Diamond Dynasty, I find the way MyTeam works bizarre in almost every facet. I understand basketball faces a problem of having less players to pull from than baseball, but there has to be a smoother way to do it than this. I also think it would communicate more to the player if, rather than color coded cards, they were dated, ie. Rookie Steph Curry, '11-'12 Curry and '15-'16 Curry, more similar to how The Show has a Live card, a Prime card and a Rookie/Flashback card (and the Rookie cards often come attached with challenges that allow you to level that rookie card up to the Prime card).

I have a team with green Kawhi Leonard and blue Stephen Curry and these guys play nothing like their real life counterparts, the green Kawhi is basically Bruce Bowen to be honest and Steph is like a 35% 3Pt shooter. It's jarring, especially when I'm so used to getting a card and then knowing I can just use that card forever. Contracts are garbage too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 06:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Well since 2k13 2k have designed modes to rake in the $$$. Why have 3 Curry/LeBron cards that people will buy when you can have 10? And people buy them, encouraging this practice so yeah not going to change.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:55 AM   #7
Banned

bugs me more having the same fat bald SHAQ on every classic team from Orlando to Miami tbh

I don't play MyTeam ever

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »