Home

OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K?

This is a discussion on OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2016, 05:13 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
This forum spends alot of time finding flaws in the game, but very rarely do you read solutions.

So instead of us saying this is broke, or that is broke, What are YOUR personal solutions on how to fix things that you deem broken within the game? What changes would you make?

It can be a fix for defense. It can be a fix for offense, or whatever you want. The point of this thread is not pointing out whats wrong. We already know in nauseum what people think is broken. I just want to know what your solutions are and how you would implement them.

Very simple. Just reply how you would fix certain thing.

Thank you, and I look forward to reading solutions
This makes absolutely no sense. I do not work at 2k sports, nor do I work for a video game company. How is that the community will find solutions? The community continually pointed out what is wrong. That is the one potential role of the consumer; not to fix their game for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 05:21 AM   #26
Banned

emmanuelk1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diceman7
This makes absolutely no sense. I do not work at 2k sports, nor do I work for a video game company. How is that the community will find solutions? The community continually pointed out what is wrong. That is the one potential role of the consumer; not to fix their game for them.
Agree this thread does not make sense since all the things posted here are already ask in different thread of this forum why make another one??

To be honest the only thread i did not see nor people paying attention is for
pure hardcore simulation type of play the ones who want to actually want to experience what NBA is like (realistic, accuracy and so on)
Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 AM   #27
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelk1
Agree this thread does not make sense since all the things posted here are already ask in different thread of this forum why make another one??

To be honest the only thread i did not see nor people paying attention is for
pure hardcore simulation type of play the ones who want to actually want to experience what NBA is like (realistic, accuracy and so on)
yeah all these solutions are just rehashing what's wrong with the game or missing from the game but doing it politely lol.

It's like looking at a car and saying "you need to fix the engine"... well that's obvious, but if you don't know how to fix an engine you're not much help. "you need to fix the engine" is no more helpful than saying "the engine is broken".

saying "completely redo this part of the game" if you can't tell them how to fix it isn't much help. If they knew how to (or were willing to) fix some of these problems either they would have, or you can spend your money when another game does it better.

Last edited by timothythefirst; 12-22-2016 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 AM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This really isnt that hard of a concept to grasp fellas. Look at IllSmak's post for reference, thats suggesting a solution. Folks here have been doing it for years. Theres no coding in that post...and no one is asking you to do so. If you dont have one, cool....but let others who do, and understand the premise of the thread do so.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #29
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive had a rough time with the game for the last couple of weeks. I don't think these are new things, just that Ive focused on noticing them. If that makes sense.

1. Heaps of animations need to go. They look terrible. Some of the layups look awful. I happened to be playing the Bucks in my season, then watched them play the Cavs and Giannis' layups and inside work looks nothing like what he does. So I'd triple the budget on the mo-cappers.

2. Most animations take too long to play out, and take up too much virtual space. The side hops into a jumpshots are slow. This is an example, but the main problem is the space they take up on the floor. Dribble moves have to be done in space. A behind the back dribble can take up to 5 feet of space. We've all had times when that 10 feet of space has closed up because a momentum jumper has slid us into right into the defender. Try a hop shot from the post. The dude ends up 10 feet back. I'd get rid of animations that take up too much space and make the focus on sharp, crisp movements.

3. The collision physics. The game had to go here. But the more I play the rougher it gets. Some of these collisions ruin any basketball flow. It's making running plays really hard. And at least 5 times a game, one of my guys gets stuck in a collison animation loop where he wants to get away but keeps bumping and running in different directions and twitching. This often results i 3 second violations. The solution for this one? I'd definitely get rid of that "Oh, you've bumped me" animation that knocks them back and give the offensive player more animations to break out of these collision loops. And start calling fouls.

Example.

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 12-22-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:20 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

It would be nice if the PARK was where you developed your attributes and badges for PARK games and were totally separate from the attributes and badges for the NBA and PROAM careers. For instance , a Park ankle breaker badge can only be earned and used in the park. This could separate the grinds and the 3 on 3 full court ballers can totally separate themselves from the 5 on 5 ballers. This badge could be an EMERALD badge sice they're green or better yet a Concrete badge that takes the color of your park affiliation's floor/blacktop/ground.
That last part was just gravy because there a lot people who value glitter over other things in this game and 2K will find a way to make them happy as they have in the past. #socks

A good idea
A reasoning
A truth

Do not ban me for it.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy

Last edited by sooperb; 12-22-2016 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:42 AM   #31
Banned

emmanuelk1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This really isnt that hard of a concept to grasp fellas. Look at IllSmak's post for reference, thats suggesting a solution. Folks here have been doing it for years. Theres no coding in that post...and no one is asking you to do so. If you dont have one, cool....but let others who do, and understand the premise of the thread do so.
this thread is scattered everywhere in the forum so there is no point for additional one that pretty much demand the same thing. and giving an opinion about the game is already a solution to fix it but they will choose which one to listen to. so what now???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 06:55 AM   #32
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelk1
this thread is scattered everywhere in the forum so there is no point for additional one that pretty much demand the same thing. and giving an opinion about the game is already a solution to fix it but they will choose which one to listen to. so what now???
Like I said before, feel free not to pariticpate....but let those who want to do so in peace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »