Home

OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K?

This is a discussion on OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #33
Banned

emmanuelk1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Like I said before, feel free not to pariticpate....but let those who want to do so in peace.
i believe a lot of you so called modifier of thread closed or locked this type of thread since it evolve in other forums. so what does make this one any different from the others??? please enlighten me my brobah
Old 12-22-2016, 07:13 AM   #34
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelk1
i believe a lot of you so called modifier of thread closed or locked this type of thread since it evolve in other forums. so what does make this one any different from the others??? please enlighten me my brobah
This seems like a constructive thread.

Maybe not derail it?
Old 12-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #35
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelk1
Feel free to PM me (or any other 'so called modifier') but we aren't going to derail this thread anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 08:17 AM   #36
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The number 1 thing for MyCareer / Park / Pro AM would be reverting back to 2K14 and previous years' ability to customise individual attributes instead of this bucket system they seem intent on sticking with.

Allow people to choose exactly which stats they want to upgrade, and put in an overall cap on total attributes so there is more variety in MyPlayers.

Allow people to choose 5 or 10 badges maximum for their MyPlayers like in Call of Duty with perks for more individuality.

And invest in providing better local server infrastructure in Europe and Asia to lower online lag and other network issues given how widely played this series is and how much money it generates.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:48 AM   #37
Rookie

killaxxbearsxxx's Arena

I think it was said earlier but I'd really like for the animations to he shorter and take up less space

Improvement in movement would help as well..a lot of times I feel like I'm either at the rim or at the 3 point line with no inbetween..maybe make the transitions from direction to direction a little smoother, I'd like to be able change directions without doing that weird boost he does..I can keep it smooth while walking but anything faster and I lose control

Also maybe add another level of speed..right now unless you time your movements right there's only a walk or a sprint, and turbo feels nearly the same as full on left stick..maybe adding a larger gap between full on left stick movement and turbo and provide smoother movement

Smaller things:
Adding the ability change the deadzones in your stick..this would allow us to make it a little easier to move at a lower speed

Either allow more customization to the player lock camera or add another similar camera..I really like the way the camera works on 5v5 games..with it constantly tracking the ball it allows for smooth transitions when switching players, but using it in modes like pro-am and team-up can be kind of tough, especially in transition because I'm forced to watch the ball and not the court I'm running to or the defender I'm trying to catch up to..maybe allowing us to turn on manual control of the field of view would help this..or adding another camera that is manually controlled if you don't want to mess with how smooth player lock functions right now

Add the ability to actually move while protecting the ball..there are some players that contantly play in this ball protect stance (tyler ulis for example)..I'd like to be able to move similar to that but I also see how it could be troublesome to add it to the control scheme..so maybe make it available as a trait and if the player has that trait his movements with the ball are from a protected stance

Kingzxkobra if you want to catch me on PSN
Old 12-22-2016, 02:37 PM   #38
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich
the game engine is so old.
body physics, ball physics, collision physics and etc.. they are all wrong.
inconsistent speed of scripted animation is so bad.
pivot animation is bad. human just don't run and walk like that.
no momentum whatsoever.

all these fundamental problems need to be gone.
they need to come up with something like ignite engine from EA.
there's nothing user can't do about all these problems.

I agree with this. I think after a few years every sports game needs to completely redo the engine. Ive been saying this for Madden for years. You start to notice similar things in player movement over multiple games. You start notice the same body types over multiple games. I would welcome a new engine
Old 12-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #39
Rookie

BlackjackXXI's Arena

My big gripe with NBA 2K17 is myPlayer and their limited/terrible storytelling. It really bothers me.

I'm a black guy, so I always usually create a black guy for myPlayer anyway, but the past two myPlayer stories have been very exclusive in terms of story. It's limited as hell and even the high school and college years just feel... empty and like you're jumping through a hoop.

They should take a page from the old NCAA Football games and how they did Road To Glory. Get rid of pre-set storyline and allow us to tell that story the way we want. Road To Glory in 2014, you could upload your own High School team design from TeamBuilder and run through an entire season against high school teams that you could upload designs for as well. NBA 2K has the jersey designer... how isn't this a feature for myPlayer?

I would like to see a fleshed out high school season: maybe something like 6 - 12 games and then a state tournament? And if you're an international player, you could play a career out in the Euroleague for a season or two. They have Euroleague teams, why aren't they using them? And if you want to add little events and stuff in there, go for it. But allow the player to drive the story, not vice versa, on their journey to the NBA. It's why I've stayed away from myPlayer.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:40 PM   #40
MVP

ph33's Arena

I'm one of the folks who likes to make multiple types of players, so anything I can do to cut down on having to do stuff before you can start leveling up I'm all for (Such as HS/College games to determine draft)

I understand that the draft is a big part of it, and it should be, but maybe an option to sim it if we really don't care where we land?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »