Home

OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K?

This is a discussion on OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OS Members: What are your solutions for NBA2K?

Some solutions I have are this

Only achieve badges by playing All-Star or higher. I can't believe that we are handing out badges on a rookie level.

Handle double teams better. I shouldn't be double teamed on the perimeter just cause I'm scoring 8 points. It makes finding the open teammate too easy.

Get rid of Hall of Fame and Grand badges and just keep them Gold for the 5 for for your archetype and the rest bronze. Make the ability to upgrade them to Gold not purchases but accomplishment driven.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

I use the sliders and make the game challenging. I like clankfests and more post play, so I focus my sliders to that effect. Realism is an illusion, creates a bad game because there is no norm. Games are all about challenge, develop a strategy to win.

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #43
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

They need to find the right balances. Some things work too well and others not at all.

One example of something that was nerfed to the point it no longer is an option is outlet passes. You can almost never make the kids of passes from a rebound you see irl.

Shooting needs more balance. Good shots within the players tendencies should matter more than getting a green release.

Ai defense needs lots of balancing. They shouldn't be psychic or blind to passes. They steal passes they shouldn't and don't the ones they should at least attempt to deflect or steal.

Every ai defender is a lockdown defender and the speed, quickness, weight or height of the ball handler doesn't matter.

The ai just does too much on offense and defense that breaks everything. There's lots of videos of the ai doing whatever it wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2016, 06:06 PM   #44
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00by
Can't believe no-one has mentioned socks or compression pants yet....
...you rang?
Old 12-26-2016, 07:21 PM   #45
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
...you rang?
I have nothing against socks or compression pants lol They add to immersion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2016, 10:13 PM   #46
Rookie

2K needs to address animations in 2K17 right now. We're getting caught in animations and triggering animations that we didn't intend. A bandaid solution is the body-up sensitivity slider.

We've already seen that 2K is able to edit and change the animations which exist in the game (we had that 'pick up your dribble' animation at the beginning of 2K17, which has now been removed/greatly reduced). We need 2K to completely take out the long animations which disrupt from your control of your player. We need more freedom and not let the outcome of games be dictated by certain animations. This already happens when we pick shooting animations or dribbling animations.
I was against 2K patching their dribbling animations, not allowing 'animation cancelling'. There was an inherent smoothness which has been removed. This isn't a big deal for me, but just a follow-up of the animation issues which plague 2K.

I won't complain about the AI on defense or offense. Those fixes will come only with time. I get programming is difficult. However, double teams are the most idiotic idea in 2K. There's no intelligence to double teaming a single player and eventually getting 2+ players hot because one guy just begins to freely assist the rest of his team by finding the open man.
If double teams are a byproduct of ACE, then I guess the 2K AI is as exploitable, if not more so, than Football Manager.

Also, CPU boosts to their abilities (and this isn't in the sliders) need to go. This is linked to the AI, because the AI is silly, 2K is forced to compensate by increasing CPU movement ability (moving faster than their human counterparts despite 50/50 sliders and same stats).
CPU lateral movement on D is unbeatable 1v1 to hide 2K's atrocious paint D and overall inability to properly assign defensive roles.
CPU players are getting pulled around on defensive rotations and exploited far too easily, and to mask this, 2K boosts CPU on-ball defense, lateral quickness, speed/acceleration, to get into passing lanes and prevent drives to the hoop (even when we have a solid step/speed advantage).

I won't go as far as to say shooting % has been buffed for the CPU, because they still miss and I still win, but it feels like they are not working as hard for a shot as I am. Almost every possession down the stretch, I'm playing good enough D to get a contest on the CPU shot, and they're still hitting them at a clip equal to mine. On the other hand, I'm playing better offense and the CPU isn't contesting half as much, but we're still knocking shots down on similar percentages.
Now I get the win in the end, but it's frustrating that the CPU isn't being intelligent, but rather doing what feels like brute forcing. If I win, I find this acceptable/tolerable. If I end up losing, it drives me (and I assume most of us) insane to lose to a CPU taking bad shots and finding the bottom of the net, while we're missing those same shots.

Finally, 2K's momentum code is a controversial issue, and I used to be a strong believer that it existed, but now I just don't care. I still think it exists, but I can understand why 2K implements it.
They want the human player to play with more variety. They claim ACE is the reason for this, but I think it's the same as it's ever been.

All in all, I just want 2K to be transparent and honest about their development direction.
If they want to legitimise this game, they need to tell us the raw boosts that badges give, and they need to come clean about the CPU manipulation of the game through the game code if it really exists (we've all seen THAT gif with the ball rolling out then in, which was suspiciously and insufficiently explained in their follow-up by a prominent figure in the 2K community).
Old 12-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #47
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I must have very low expectations. I'm loving NBA 2k17
Old 12-27-2016, 08:29 AM   #48
Rookie

For now

- make all archtype show their real skill. Not just a few archtype. You know when u play park/proam what is the most dominant archtype. Make them all balanced. If one of them overpowered so the others must be overpowered so skill in the online play is a real deal.

- nerf the block shot except for paint protector/lockdown defender

- spam block or steal button must be a foul. Must.

- increase the percent of park rep so everybody have a life

For future (nba 2k18)

-stop upgrading attribute using vc. But from action that we take in the game. For example..If we do 3's on game with high percentage, automatically our 3 point shoting will be upgraded. But if we took bad shot selection too much, our shooting attribute will be decresed. And we can upgrade our shooting from practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »