Home

What exactly do Relentless Finisher and Acrobat and Difficult Shots do?

This is a discussion on What exactly do Relentless Finisher and Acrobat and Difficult Shots do? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What exactly do Relentless Finisher and Acrobat and Difficult Shots do?

1. Relentless Finisher

The in-game description of Relentless Finisher says:

Quote:
A Relentless Finisher can take physical punishment on contact shots near the rim without severely impacting his energy.
There seems to be a popular opinion that Relentless Finisher buffs probability of completing contact dunks, not just simply lose less Energy from the contact. Has anyone ever seen or tabulated anything that would make the case, either way, in a definitive way?

The screen when people earn the HoF Relentless Finisher for their MyPlayer does seem to support the popular opinion:

Quote:
Your ability to flush on defenders is now on par with some of the greatest dunkers in NBA history.
This text actually seems to imply better completion rate through contact, and also specifies dunking, versus layups.

But I think one can earn this in MyCareer with contact layups, which would imply that it activates on all contact finishes at the rim (dunks and layups).

So my guess is that it helps with completion rate of contact finishes at the rim, regardless of whether that's by dunk, layup, or "difficult" layup. And it blunts the energy drain that comes from the contact.

If so, then it's a key badge to have on any player who will frequently attempt dunks, period. Especially if they'll frequently attempt layups in traffic as well.

2. Acrobat

The game description is:

Quote:
Can change his shot in air and attempt difficult shots with few consequences.
And the HoF text in MyCareer is:

Quote:
You're now on par with some of the greatest layup artists in NBA history.
My read on this is that it helps by boosting the completion rate of layups of three types: change-shot layups, reverse layups, and eurostep layups.

But it will not help with contact layups, per se, which is the domain of Relentless Finisher.

Anyone have definitive insight on these two badges?

3. Difficult Shots

Bonus question if you're still reading: I think we all know that Difficult Shots will help with moving shots off the dribble. Jumpshots. So: stepback jumpers, sidestep jumpers, standing fadeaways, leaners.

But does it help with moving jumpshots out of post position? E.g.: post-fadeaways, hop-step post-fades, post-stepbacks, and hoping post-stepbacks?

Last edited by harryl; 12-20-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

Re: What exactly do Relentless Finisher and Acrobat and Difficult Shots do?

Good questions, I'd like to know as well!
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk
Old 12-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
3. Difficult Shots

Bonus question if you're still reading: I think we all know that Difficult Shots will help with moving shots off the dribble. Jumpshots. So: stepback jumpers, sidestep jumpers, standing fadeaways, leaners.

But does it help with moving jumpshots out of post position? E.g.: post-fadeaways, hop-step post-fades, post-stepbacks, and hoping post-stepbacks?
this! i also want to know this... how about post action shots?
Old 12-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Difficult shots doesn't help with post actions. It has popped up for layups and dunks that are contested. But it's mostly for moving shots.

Acrobat does help with difficult layups, euro steps , etc...

Relentless finisher is more about lower the frequency at which your energy gets drained when attempting contact layups /dunks . It almost seems like an answer to bigs with bruiser.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Difficult Shots will activate for me in post play be it the fade away or the hop step shot out of the fade. I can all trigger this badge in the paint on certain dunks and layups. This is from experience with my Shot Creator who has it on HOF and Playmaker who has it on Bronze.

Acrobat. This one will also trigger on spin layups.

Relentless Finisher. A badge more so for finishing against any type of contact in the paint on the way to the rim.

Bruiser can also help you offensively when driving to the Tim against contact and in the post.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Difficult Shots will activate for me in post play be it the fade away or the hop step shot out of the fade. I can all trigger this badge in the paint on certain dunks and layups. This is from experience with my Shot Creator who has it on HOF and Playmaker who has it on Bronze.

Acrobat. This one will also trigger on spin layups.

Relentless Finisher. A badge more so for finishing against any type of contact in the paint on the way to the rim.

Bruiser can also help you offensively when driving to the Tim against contact and in the post.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Cool didn't know that Difficult shots can trigger on post play . That's good to know
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-21-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
Rookie

I wonder especially when doing a post hop shot fade away from the rim. Such a nice and strong move. But I don't know what do you need at best. Shooting close? Shooting of the drive? Post fade? Difficult shot badge? Just wondering because I also have a post scorer Center for park, and shot close is quite low for this archetype

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by benuetzer
I wonder especially when doing a post hop shot fade away from the rim. Such a nice and strong move. But I don't know what do you need at best. Shooting close? Shooting of the drive? Post fade? Difficult shot badge? Just wondering because I also have a post scorer Center for park, and shot close is quite low for this archetype

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
I think Shot Close and Contested Shot Midrange...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »