Home

Pro Am really needs a "vote kick" option

This is a discussion on Pro Am really needs a "vote kick" option within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:00 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Am really needs a "vote kick" option

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
Realistically people hate playing with CPU defenders. I like the idea but it would be difficult to implement. Rather it be there then the way it is now though.

You already gotta wait nearly 20 minutes to get in a Walk On game with friends then some douche just acts out when everything was cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know about that. Those 55 ovr cpu's in walk on guard me at least 10 times better than any human i've faced. It's like trying to get away from a magnet on wheels while wearing a metal vest. Not to mention they seem to make pretty much any shot they take and get all the boards. Against humans i'll average about 15-20 ppg with my 6'6 athletic finisher, even had 40-50 point games with him, but against a cpu i'm lucky if i get 10... Barely get any boards too since they're usually in perfect position to box out and even if they're not you just get sucked into the boxout. Then of course they intercept pretty much every pass coming your way when you cut to the basket. And finally, when you're in the paint, good luck getting back out before 3 seconds are over.

Strangely though those 55's give me more trouble than when for example a 90 ovr quits and becomes cpu... maybe it's something to do with the tendencies. Who knows.

But yeah, i agree with the vote/kick being a good idea. However, like others have mentioned, only if it's related to teammate grade. TG needs work though, last year was much better. I hate getting penalized when a teammate decides to pass me the ball when i'm surrounded by 3 defenders or any other scenario that results in a turnover that the game erroneously considers to be my fault. I hate getting penalized for being stuck in the paint, even if i'm running away from the defender. I hate getting defensive breakdown when someone else's guy 20-30 feet away from me scores because the who to guard arrow is going insane. I hate getting defensive breakdown because i'm the only person dumb enough to actually execute a defensive rotation while 1-2-3 of my teammates decide not to play any defense at all. Etcetera...

Ideally i'd like that matchmaking just puts people with similar TG, ovr and quitting history together. Imo that would solve most of the problems that are related to the human element. I mean if you play with people that are basically similar to you, you really have no reason to complain.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #18
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

If not a "vote kick," then a "request leave" would be nice.

Maybe that dude didn't wanna get penalized for quitting so he purposefully fouled out? If he could have just chosen "Request Quit w/no penalty" maybe he would have left?
Old 12-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #19
MVP

ph33's Arena

There are times I'd like it, but as others have said, there will also be times when it is abused and you're on the wrong end of it.

I do wish there was some kind of feedback system though, like after some e-sports games you can commend or report, and matchmaking can be set up through that. Although so much of the community being toxic would cause problems there too.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:14 PM   #20
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
There are times I'd like it, but as others have said, there will also be times when it is abused and you're on the wrong end of it.
I agree... the more I read the thread, I see everyone is saying that.

I feel the solution is "Request Quit w/no Penalty" and let everyone vote on whether you'll let that person leave without him being penalized.

This solves the potential abuse and also let's people request to quit if they're the last person on the team...

I realize that not everyone will use it (and just be an *** and stay), but SOME people might actually use it, it doubles as a Mercy Rule, and there's no real potential for abuse.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:33 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I agree... the more I read the thread, I see everyone is saying that.

I feel the solution is "Request Quit w/no Penalty" and let everyone vote on whether you'll let that person leave without him being penalized.

This solves the potential abuse and also let's people request to quit if they're the last person on the team...

I realize that not everyone will use it (and just be an *** and stay), but SOME people might actually use it, it doubles as a Mercy Rule, and there's no real potential for abuse.
Anything in almost any game has the potential for abuse.
Even with the option to quit with no penalty.

It is though, another option that 2k could use to help fix a much bigger issue. And I'm open to all of them!

I just feel like the number of times that you might run into a 4 man squad in walk on that wants to kick you is far out numbered by the times that you get stuck with bad players that ruin your fun and your grade.

I do though see problems with it.

Let's say that 3 of the 5 players are terrible player, which happens often.
What is the option for that?
I mean, how can you kick 3 players?

The option to quit with no penalty would seem the better option in this case.

IMO, match making by a combination of factors could eliminate the need for either option.

I would rather wait a longer period time to get in a match with similar players than to have to play an entire game with people that I would rather never play with!

Last edited by awg811; 12-28-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2016, 06:36 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I got a feeling this would be exploited in a bad way though. Imagine going into walk on by yourself and the 4 other guys on your team came in as a squad. Some of these kids would be petty enough to vote to kick you even if you were a good teammate. Walk On is overwhelmed with really bad players. I try to avoid it but sometimes there no other options when Stage isn't open or I don't have any friends online.
I remember back in the day when you could only play vs and they had a rating system for 2k. I think you could even see people's shot charts, defensive plays called, on ball defense % etc.

It's kind of sad these days that they don't have more information about players. I have friends who ball, that I've known for almost 10 years, but they've got their own groups usually... so I rarely get a whole 5. I remember sitting on a 3s at park w/ my friend and the guy who stepped onto the spot ( I always look at their stats) was like 5-100 or something. haha. I was like woah hold up and stepped off.

If they gave people more info, even in pro am, which should probably be a lobby instead of a shoot around. The shoot around is interesting, but it'd be easier to access info and make sure everyone has the right position/archetypes, so you don't end up with a bunch of centers or 4 guards.

If they had better info... like bad shot selection shots, calls for pass, opponent FG%, etc etc... it would be way easier to pick a good teammate. Cuz you can't really tell, by the stats they give you, how someone plays.

-Smak
Old 12-30-2016, 02:26 PM   #23
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

They should also limit how many Time Outs a person can call consecutively... spamming timeouts is like a rage quit calling card.

Adding the name of the person really wasn't enough to stop it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2017, 04:08 PM   #24
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
We just had a Pro Am game in which one of our teammates called every timeout we had on the first possession, then proceeded to intentionally foul 5 times, then spam calling for pass from our AI teammate on the baseline every possession before chucking a half court shot every time until get finally got booted for bad teammate grade.

This wasted about 10 minutes of everyone's time and ruined the game later on as we had no time outs remaining for the rest of the game.

I don't see why there isn't a vote kick option like on pretty much every other party based online game, as people are free to be utter douchebags with zero consequence...

If people got enough vote kicks over time, maybe it could also reduce their chances of matchmaking or something too, or at least "flag" them with a red X or something.

People in this game, seriously...

You forgot the part where they report you and get you banned (xbox) because you had the audacity to message them and call them "trash" and told them to pass Seriously pro-am noobs and buddy ballers are the worst. Reason there aren't vote kicks though is 'cause the mode has enough bots from natural quitting, etc. so we don't need more. Another thing that can be added is to be able to see their record, stats and teammate grade from in game menu so we know what type of player they are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »