Home

The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go

This is a discussion on The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 01:39 AM   #25
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
If you dont sprint into the screen you will rarely run be flattened by a screen.
Rarely maybe, but that's irrelevant when the screener can stand in one spot and magnetically suck you into their screens over and over until you get knocked down. You can be standing perfectly still and they can come near you and set a screen and your player will often magnetically get sucked into the screen.

It seems like the moving screens either got toned down or removed again as well because in the last 2 days I've tried to get a moving screen intentionally called on me because of certain teammates who crowd the ball constantly whenever they don't have the ball in their hands.. Just run to you to drag their defender on top of you until you have to pass it.. So I started trying to crowd them and get moving screens in the process and I was unable to at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 03:54 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 3

moving screens are def still there.... the pf on my team cant set a solid screen to save his life without fouling. Its insane.

But i have always agreed that the screens shouldnt have a vacuum effect, thats unrealistic and can make them over-powering. But to say that getting floored is over-done then id have to disagree when you consider just how carelessly guys fly around the court with their character. If you've ever blindly sprinted into a giant standing still on the court then you can understand.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:09 AM   #27
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Agree. I don't mind the knockdown if it's limited to maybe hitting screens at a certain velocity.. There's often times I'll run the baseline and drift into the corner and my teammate will shield me from the defender with his screen, and the defender that is baseline chasing will get leveled by the screen.. I don't mind that one at all because it looks realistic and usually happens in context.. The ones at the top of the key in basic pick and roll situations have to be adjusted/eliminated though.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

They need to give defenders more control of their player. There's too much of an advantage for the pnr ball handler to make a quick burst using the screen. Trying to go over the screen is ridiculously hard when you have to battle the magnetic gravity so your always forced to give up more space than you should when your going under or over.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
If you dont sprint into the screen you will rarely run be flattened by a screen.

lol what? These things happen even when you aren't moving. You can be standing perfectly still and have a screen set on top of you and even doing the right stick half step will get you knocked down sometimes. It's not every play but it definitely not rare u can see that kinda thing 2-3 times a game if the the screener is really trying to be a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #30
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

either get rid of the stumble.

OR

get rid of being forced pushed into the screen. seriously if I'm pointing to go the THE OTHER WAY, why am I still getting murdered by these. bs screens
Old 01-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
either get rid of the stumble.

OR

get rid of being forced pushed into the screen. seriously if I'm pointing to go the THE OTHER WAY, why am I still getting murdered by these. bs screens

This too can't stand when u go the other direction and still somehow hit the screen s*** make no sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #32
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

Just finished 2 pro am games, got my ankles broken 2 times each game and was placed on the ground by brick wall multiple times. I have HOF defensive stopper and pick dodger. It is ridiculous that LDDs have been nerfed from the beginning.

They need to buff LDDs across the board to even make it balanced. (Allow them to have 75 ball control, better lateral movement, and HOF badges that work.

I am also upset that non LDD guards get as much or more blocks in the paint than my SF due to Bs blocking system that doesn't factor ratings/height/arm length.

Last edited by acetheredcomet; 01-12-2017 at 02:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »