Home

The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go

This is a discussion on The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2017, 04:55 PM   #33
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The "Brick Wall Stumble" animation HAS to go

I seem to be benefitting from some tool in the defensive ai system.

I basically start lightly triggering the turbo on ball and off ball and it's helping me maneuver thru screens much better. It's also helping me to stick with my man better off ball with less over steering.

This was very noticeable on my slasher who is without the defensive stopper and pick dodger badges. I felt very confident in my ability to stick with him as well as my ability to avoid the screen once I understood what was triggering the over steering and how to lessen the damage of that impact.

What I suggest is just try lightly pulling the triggers and even lightly tap them but do not pull them all the way pedal to the floor.. as I'm moving around off ball I'm basically just lightly tapping the turbo trigger to keep with my man.. on ball I'm lightly engaging and disengaging the turbo trigger as I lightly hold the intense d trigger.. this is how I engage the ball handler as he's approaching to use the screen.. what happens is that with more control I'm actually able to cut off his path or at least slow him down to the point he gets cramped and kind of panics.

This was very noticeable defending two sharpshooter on 4s who were using a 7ft3 340 glass cleaner with HOF badges. I was able to man up on the sharpie who had the ball and was able to keep with him while cleanly avoiding the screen. I'd either follow him thru then cut off his path to reverse back over the screen or I'd fully steer him away from making an aggressive dribble over the screen. It felt like some really good lock down defender type interactions.

This was in Park however so I'll see how it translates in Pro Am where blocking fouls are called. I don't feel like I'm committing blocking fouls however. I feel confident it's a legit strategy that can be used. The lighter I use the trigger: the more control I feel I have over my defender. The more intense I use the triggers: the more vulnerable I am to oversteering and overshooting.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 01-12-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #34
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0

It makes me want to throw my controller out the window when i get Brick walk hall of famed on a screen and my character falls down and then the person using the screen hits the shot while i'm laying there on the ground and then i get a bad teammate grade for defensive breakdown....
Old 01-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #35
Rookie

The Gym Reaper's Arena

Super overpowered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 03:39 PM   #36
Rookie

Tired of running into teams in pro am that triple screen at the top of the key. At least one of them have brick wall causing our LDD to fall. HOF pick dodger should never activate that animation. What's the point of having that type of archetype if you can't even move through screens. Sharpshooters can shoot, glass cleaners rebound, allow LDD to defend.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #37
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetheredcomet
Just finished 2 pro am games, got my ankles broken 2 times each game and was placed on the ground by brick wall multiple times. I have HOF defensive stopper and pick dodger. It is ridiculous that LDDs have been nerfed from the beginning.

They need to buff LDDs across the board to even make it balanced. (Allow them to have 75 ball control, better lateral movement, and HOF badges that work.

I am also upset that non LDD guards get as much or more blocks in the paint than my SF due to Bs blocking system that doesn't factor ratings/height/arm length.
He needs some milk! lol
Old 01-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
They need to buff LDDs across the board to even make it balanced. (Allow them to have 75 ball control, better lateral movement, and HOF badges that work.
The only classes that should have above a 74 ball control rating (which allows them to use the elite dribble animations) are playmakers and shot creators, as those are the two archetypes that have ankle breaker as a hall of fame badge. Even then, I wouldn't let shot creators get above 85 ball control since 86 is the point at which you can speed boost much more effectively; that skill should be reserved for playmakers.

The current system is way too generous in how high it allows the non-dribbling classes to get their ball control rating.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetheredcomet
Just finished 2 pro am games, got my ankles broken 2 times each game and was placed on the ground by brick wall multiple times. I have HOF defensive stopper and pick dodger. It is ridiculous that LDDs have been nerfed from the beginning.

I am also upset that non LDD guards get as much or more blocks in the paint than my SF due to Bs blocking system that doesn't factor ratings/height/arm length.
I have a 6'10 LDD, 7'1 SB, 6'10 PF, and 6/4 PM and my LDD is easily my most versatile player. He's fast enough for me, can shoot at a respectable clip, and is a really good finisher and rebounder for his size as well.

But you are correct that defense needs to be addressed which is ridiculous because that's what we're for. We should RARELY get our ankles broken, get dunked on, or dropped on a screen if we have HOF defensive stopper, HOF pick dodger etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »