Home

2K and their patches

This is a discussion on 2K and their patches within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2K and their patches

- Metal textures are still not working.

- Rhythm dribbles still can't be changed for CAP. Unique player dunk packages are unavailable for CAP (I understand this one).

- Silly double-teaming that allows you to easily assist a teammate is still unfixed.

- Godly + illegal on-ball D by the CPU i.e. better than 1st Team All-Defense, mirrors your every move. Feels like coming up against a stone wall.

That same wall-like CPU on-ball D refuses to back off against drives and give ground. Watch games irl, even elite defenders shuffle backwards, knowing how much space to give, just enough to defend the drive + contest the pull-up/fade.

If a defender doesn't shuffle backwards and gives too little space, they might get beat off the dribble. If a defender gives too much space, they might get a shot in the face.

2K CPU D would be a blocking foul irl b/c LGP isn't established since they move side to side copying my dribbles + CPU somehow doesn't give up room towards the basket + CPU physically pushes dribbler back.

- Attribute bonuses to CPU even when sliders are set to 50 for both.

Maybe OS can suggest some more, but 2K's patches have been ineffective for me.

Last edited by fakeassc; 01-03-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 2K and their patches

Well said. All of those ugly, horrid contact animations that occur in 1v1 situations on the perimeter are obviously fouls. Those animations, plus the CPU's super ability to intercept passes are band-aids to cover up the horrible team defensive AI present in this ****ed up game.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Great, another complaint thread.

Just what OS needs.

Also, some of these can go here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html
Old 01-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Great, another complaint thread.

Just what OS needs.

Also, some of these can go here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...es-thread.html
the game sucks and most people are upset with it. the forum should reflect that if we want to get any change from 2K

Old 01-03-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
the game sucks online and most people are upset with it. the forum should reflect that if we want to get any change from 2K
Fixed it for ya.

I play offline and I'm having fun, albeit I quick edit the **** out of the rosters, tendencies, and sliders to get a fun and challenging experience offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 PM   #6
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

The bumping animations are utterly ridiculous.

The stuff the CPU is allowed to get away with is mindboggling.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
The bumping animations are utterly ridiculous.

The stuff the CPU is allowed to get away with is mindboggling.
Every AI defender in the game does this, it's ridiculous. That's a clear blocking foul that never gets called.

They literally mirror your every move. I would love someone to post a video of them actually breaking the AI down off the dribble and driving to the hoop. I think my brain would explode.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Gosens6; 01-03-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
- Metal textures are still not working.

- Rhythm dribbles still can't be changed for CAP. Unique player dunk packages are unavailable for CAP (I understand this one).

- Silly double-teaming that allows you to easily assist a teammate is still unfixed.

- Godly + illegal on-ball D by the CPU i.e. better than 1st Team All-Defense, mirrors your every move. Feels like coming up against a stone wall.

That same wall-like CPU on-ball D refuses to back off against drives and give ground. Watch games irl, even elite defenders shuffle backwards, knowing how much space to give, just enough to defend the drive + contest the pull-up/fade.

If a defender doesn't shuffle backwards and gives too little space, they might get beat off the dribble. If a defender gives too much space, they might get a shot in the face.

2K CPU D would be a blocking foul irl b/c LGP isn't established since they move side to side copying my dribbles + CPU somehow doesn't give up room towards the basket + CPU physically pushes dribbler back.

- Attribute bonuses to CPU even when sliders are set to 50 for both.

Maybe OS can suggest some more, but 2K's patches have been ineffective for me.

For offline, I dropped the acceleration slider to 0, body sensitivity to 10-30 ish and I don't get those problems anymore. Actually what happens now even with my blocking foul at 40 [ to get more contact/blown calls ] I'm seeing waaay more blocking fouls called when I do get bumped/impeded [and this was a huuuuge pet peeve of mine too]. I have a feeling it may be the acceleration slider that gave me best D results, try it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »