Home

I'd like to see better Communication and Transparency from 2K in 2K18

This is a discussion on I'd like to see better Communication and Transparency from 2K in 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:03 PM   #41
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: I'd like to see better Communication and Transparency from 2K in 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Not talking about being disrespectful, just tired of this BS be nice = answers and it doesn't. Nice doesn't equal answers, firm doesn't equal answers, accountability doesn't equal answers. I don't know if I agree with they actually care about the quality, I just can't get in lock step with that thought process.
Fair enough. Just wanted to make that clear.

but yes, the developers are the ones with the passion to see things improve....

The time, resources and priorites to get those things done arent always governed by them though. Czar told us how excited he was to share all the things he worked on this entire summer- then we hear about how we get no blog. You kind of have to read between the lines there. Its not because he just didnt want to share anymore.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 01-10-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

The customer support, Ronnie and chris....they just don't feel like we have a true connection with them. They answer what they want to answer when there's issues to address concerning the game. It gets frustrating getting generic answers or no answers at all. Like it takes months to reveal how certain things work in this game every year. It's almost like the OS community has to figure things out and help each other with the most basic stuff such as how badges unlock, or what difficulty are the games modes played on, what did each patch change to the game...etc

If you can't understand where we customers are coming from then we seriously have to consider an alternative option because this just isn't right.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #43
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

I think everyone should tweet a link to this thread to:
@CHoops4Life @Ronnie2K @Beluba

If there are other twitter handles (I don't know them all), then feel free to add em.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #44
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I think everyone should tweet a link to this thread to:
@CHoops4Life @Ronnie2K @Beluba

If there are other twitter handles (I don't know them all), then feel free to add em.
I absolutely HATE the way that Twitter has somehow become the preferred method of contact and interaction, it's such a dumbed-down form of communication filled with "bruh FIX SHARPSHOOTERS i can't get greenz, ur game trash bruh" that how they hope to form game development decisions from the drivel posted there is beyond me.

If THAT has become their primary method of feedback and improvement, then I have lost all hope for the series' future direction...
Old 01-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 1

I've started to follow them on Twitter and it's truly just filled with casual gamers who all complain about not being able to hit every shot ever taken. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 12:55 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

IMO, a lot of 'explanations' (which would take a ****load of time, tbh) would just invite more disagreement by people who are only going by their own limited experience.

How many times have we seen people complain about phantom changes that didn't happen based on a single game?

If i were 2K I'd continue to have faith in the producers who work on the game, and to tune out people on the internet trying to explain to them what 'real basketball' is as if anybody is giving them new info.

Reporting flat out bugs is a different story but that doesn't need 'communication' from the developers.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:25 AM   #47
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

What exactly is the purpose of the NBA2K Weekly Livestream? Are they meant to say what's the latest with the game or is it to promote products or even both?

The last 4 I've watched have just promoted fitbits and now Paul George's shoes. How does that help anything?

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 01-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #48
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter
50k to pay someone to include what essentially is an instruction manual on how the game is supposed to work?

They have people in place whose job it should be to do that. But since they're not having them do it, they should pay someone to do it. I know plenty of people who make 50k a year to do jack squat. The government is full of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »