Home

Balance Out User and CPU fouls

This is a discussion on Balance Out User and CPU fouls within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2017, 02:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Balance Out User and CPU fouls (Vids included)

I have been playing offline and a little bit of MyLeague for the past few days and a couple number of glaring issues have popped at me, most noticeable the CPU's ability to clobber you on your way to the basket and not pick up a foul.

Vid Number 1: https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=...PNcr80LRs4bC2g

Quick outlet to Giannis for what I assume will be an easy layup/dunk over a hapless Dirk Nowitzski. I attempt to eurostep just in case, and Dirk just body slams me in the air. I make the basket, but no call.

Vid Number 2:

Durant gets a quick step on Randolph, get clobbered by both Randolph and Gasol, no foul, play on. This is fine with me, until I see what I get called for on the other end.

Vid Number 3: >

Dirk stars here once again, difference being I am the one controlling him. How is this a foul? Maybe I grazed Aldridge's shorts too hard.

Vid Number 4:

Mike Miller gets the ball on the lead pass, and KAT jumps vertically to contest. Is that a foul or not?

Vid Number 5:

Same Mike Miller loses the ball attempting a crossover, recovers, and gets back fast enough to tug on my shorts and attempt a swat. No foul, and I'm very curious as to how he even got back in the first place. Yes, Hudson has One Man Fast Break.

I decided to just start attempting floaters since I had a better chance of making those it seemed, and there was no contact involved. Here's what happened:

Vid Number 6:

Hakeem plows over a defender attemtping a charge while running on the fastbreak. Offensive foul. I wasn't too sure what happened there, so I just checked it off as a Hakeem being stupid/random 2k event. Until....

It happened again.
Vid Number 7:

Here I see the CPU waiting in the paint to get their no-call foul, so I do a floater instead. Unfortunately Jimmy B forgets what sport he's playing and smashes into the defender attempting the charge. Shot didn't count.

And once again
Vid Number 8:

Vid Number 9:

What is this? This animation happens at least once a game. I get a clear lane to the basket, the defender recovers and body slams me as I attempt a layup and I lose the ball. Defender is not going for the strip, they are simply cutting me off by body checking. It is never a foul, only a turnover.

I really wanna like this game. But this stuff is annoying.

No comment

Edit: Most of these happened in All-Star-Superstar difficulty
All clips in HD glory:
http://1drv.ms/v/s!Ap0ypjN4KHLngVgHmSXen1CEQXt_

Last edited by thormessiah; 01-08-2017 at 04:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2017, 03:09 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Balance Out User and CPU fouls

I played the HOF CPU Clippers on 12 minute quarters and took the game to overtime.

The CPU clippers committed 2 fouls the entire game - no fouls in regulation. Had the game ended in regulation the HOF CPU would have gone the entire game without a foul.

It took overtime before the Clippers were called for their first foul.

I played a Bulls user on 12 min who went the entire first half without being called for a foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 01-08-2017 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Balance Out User and CPU fouls

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I played the HOF CPU Clippers and took the game to overtime.

The CPU clippers committed 2 fouls the entire game - no fouls in regulation. It took overtime before the Clippers were called for their first foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Are you talking shooting fouls, or just fouls in general? Either way that's pretty crazy
Old 01-08-2017, 03:21 AM   #4
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
Are you talking shooting fouls, or just fouls in general? Either way that's pretty crazy
The HOF CPU Clippers weren't called for any fouls at all - shooting or not. The first foul called on them wasn't until the overtime session.

This was on 12 minute quarters. So the HOF CPU Clippers made it through a full game without being called for a single foul through 48 minutes of action.

I had a similar game vs a Bulls user. He made it through the entire first half without being called for a single foul.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #5
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

I agree the lack of fouls is disheartening. ....I have my foul sliders all the way up to 100 and for the entire 12 min game the cpu went to the line only 8 times while I went to the line 23 times....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

The CPU typically goes to the line a few more times than me, but not by too much. I'm using schnaidt1's sliders as a base with my own tweaks. Here's my last three fully played games:

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »