Home

NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #41
Rookie

ssimpsons3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing

Think about this tho...honestly...

What is the point in even playing 2k further at this point?

-No pride in beating AI, even on HOF. 109 with Rondo video from SamPham says enough. Blatent AI boosts and default unbalanced sliders make another year of 80% of players frustrated at difficulty level.

-OrlandoInChicago was the first person to reach Legend. Go watch his YT video on his 'reward'. He gets NOTHING. And 2k support says that the reward for Legend 1 was the Jetpack...when it clearly says its a reward for a SS rank. Support also said they have no information as to what immortalized in 2k18 means. Wait...what? Other games would send the first gamer a plaque, certificate, something...2k...legit NOTHING. Orlando legit says DO NOT GRIND FOR THIS ITS NOT WORTH IT. That coming from someone who did it..

-ProAm qualifications are over and I personally can no longer play walk-on with friends.

-MyCareer equals ZERO skill. Can put it on rookie and mindlessly play for magical badges that add boosts. No skill needed to obtain these and no incentive to anything challenging. Play on rookie to get hot spots up so online is money. Actually is not smart to play on anything other than rookie...can just buy VC with real money.

-Online is a joke, and even top Youtubers think so. ManMan, Staxx, Agent, Shakedown, and more...ALL RIP ON 2k GAMEPLAY. Same gameplay for like 5 years. ManMan hates these spam dribblers and said in a video that "nothing in this game means anything. Flicking a stick doen not make you good at basketball." STaxx been said "why am I even playing this game still." Even the people who make money off playing 2k hate it. These dudes should be overjoyed at cheese dribble moves, but they don't. Its boring and literally everyone plays exactly the same online.

In no way, NO WAY WHATSOEVER, does being good/successful at 2k mean you are smart or good with basketball...or EVEN VIDEO GAMES. Its 3 buttons bro, and people act like they just timed a perfect infiltration in CS:GO.

What on earth is the point in putting another hour into this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2017, 02:21 AM   #42
Pro

YungGun's Arena

2K is pretty much becoming Madden. No competition so the devs aren't trying as hard and it's starting to show.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:09 AM   #43
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Everybody on here has a major valid point! The main question is why is OS “Defending 2K” is it a personal thing? Is the writer who purposely wrote this article knowing how users truly feel about the game and what feedback?

There are plenty of ERRORS with 2K that there’s no reason for me to list it or show it because the general community has already done it.

The title has NBA 2K17’s Run: A Mostly Successful Outing? When it should say thank you very much Jay Z for giving us the most lucrative ideal ever which is VC = Virtual Currency!

Now you wondering why I would put that it’s clear 2K is a business and let’s list down the most successful lucrative modes for 2K?

The Modes are?

Money
MyCAREER
MyPARK
MyGM
MyLEAGUE Online
MyTEAM

No Money
The Association on PS3/Xbox 360
Blacktop
USA Basketball
PNO - Play Now Online

My Career / My Park / Pro-Am – Since everybody doesn’t want to grind out to boost their players to 99+ VC has become the God son savior to the masses that let them pay their way to MAX their players even thou the users paid $60 for the game.

My GM & My Team – another lucrative mode where everybody been dropping money to purchase cards so they can match up with their favorite players and so forth.

Same goes for My league Online

My whole point of this is 2K do care I think! I think they just focus on the business side of the game. Play Now Online / USA Basketball/ Black Top and The Association are all extras which doesn’t bring NO EXTRA money to the company.

Here’s an example I just read today from another user:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...w-gen-h2h.html

So that’s why you will have legacy issues from the past going forward. Does 2K Devs have the time to fix it maybe or maybe not due to their work schedule or time frame to finish each project going forward I don’t know.

I haven’t been a 2K user from the beginning but reading most dedicated players and seeing what they talk about only makes you think when the company will realize that it was the people who brought you to this level. Oh well I’ll cross fingers going forward for 2K18.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #44
Banned

I completely understand OS here. The relationship with 2k is important to their business, and more importantly from our point of view, to providing direct access to 2k devs.

OS has nothing to gain from pointing out every single flaw in the game, because everything has been laid out numerous times on the forum, which is why I think it's excusable to allow this slightly pravda-esque game review without throwing our hands in the air and crying about it.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #45
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

The main problem is that 2K is suffering from a case of Electronic Arts. They spent so much money on outside resources like getting the cover guys, the NBA players to do interviews weekly, the entertainers to do voice work and all of the marketing that went into the game and making the game a micro-transaction paradise, the actual game is an afterthought.

Don't for a second think that whoever is in charge doesn't consider this game a success. Its made and is making more money probably than they ever have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
The main problem is that 2K is suffering from a case of Electronic Arts. They spent so much money on outside resources like getting the cover guys, the NBA players to do interviews weekly, the entertainers to do voice work and all of the marketing that went into the game and making the game a micro-transaction paradise, the actual game is an afterthought.

Don't for a second think that whoever is in charge doesn't consider this game a success. Its made and is making more money probably than they ever have.
I don't doubt that the community managers think of the game like this, but I think the people who pour their hearts and labour into the game are aware of the faults and issues. I'm guessing that there's probably some behind the scenes conflict about moving the game forward. At least I hope there is for the sake of our sanity.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:03 AM   #47
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
I don't doubt that the community managers think of the game like this, but I think the people who pour their hearts and labour into the game are aware of the faults and issues. I'm guessing that there's probably some behind the scenes conflict about moving the game forward. At least I hope there is for the sake of our sanity.

I can imagine the eternal conflict going on right now with devs who actually want to fix the game vs people who would rather focus on getting Kanye on the soundtrack and more ways to generate VC for next year.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:18 AM   #48
Rookie

Year to year saves would be great

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »