Home

NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing

Another iteration of NBA 2K has been played nonstop by many, and the masses have both expressed their joy and disappointment. Now that the year-end rewards have wrapped up and we're in a new year, let's recap and see where we're at to date.

Read More - NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Another iteration of NBA 2K has been played nonstop by many, and the masses have both expressed their joy and disappointment. Now that the year-end rewards have wrapped up and we're in a new year, let's recap and see where we're at to date.

Read More - NBA 2K17's Run: A Mostly Successful Outing
Man how could you make this post and not even mention the biggest game play mechanic is broken and you don't even gloss over it at all. The ACE MENU is BROKEN doesn't work period. You can not call a defense and expect it to work. Imagine if you couldn't call a defensive play in Madden. A big game play mechanic gets no mention at all.

How about that is what is they got wrong, and just like the author, Visual Concepts paid it no attention.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 01-20-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

I'm sorry but this read is inaccurate. Main thing that stuck out to me is your belief that their game modes added depth. They added more features but those features lack depth and immersion. My Career is backwards, instead of working toward being a great NBA prospect it seems the goal they want you to accomplish is becoming good enough to play in park and pro am, all that depth you speak of and I still haven't played those modes without game breaking internet lag. You claim player models are spot on.... have you looked at the calves of some of these players.. I mean Lebron looks like his calves are going to explode. And KD looks like all he eats is water. I didn't see any mention of AI intelligence which is still terrible, everytime I play the Warriors Steph takes at least 20 3s. I had multiple games where he shoots 7/24 from 3. In my GM the sim stats/results make no sense. Lastly you said the physics are good, physics include footwork, accounting for weight and size of a player and ball-hand interactions. Footwork isn't good, weight logic doesn't really exist (300 lb 6'6 won't look or move like they are overweight. Ball handling is pathetic, Isomotion needs to redone.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #4
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Everything the guys above me posted is spot on.

How MyCareer can said to be anything other than an outright fail is beyond me. It means nothing, it's all about building a player for the Park and Pro-Am. It's not about what MyCareer was created for.

They need to separate it. Have MyCareer as a completely self contained single player experience with sliders. Then have a "MyPlayer" that is used for online and developed only through online play (and of course, VC because poor 2K needs to pay them bills).
Old 01-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
Rookie

I feel like the top point of the jump shot is in correctly aligned with the meter. I also would have liked to be able to construct my own jump shot animations like you can when you create a player. I don't like my career caps. I should be able to make a 6'10 pg if I want to. I should also be able to make all 99's if thats my desire. If someone is willing to grind out the game to get that point or pay money to do so, I would like the option presented to me. I see missed opportunity with the my career mode. Whether its being able to play pool on your pool table of pinball, I would like to be able to do something with the money I've earned as a player. Buying some cars and houses or having something to show for signing a big deal would be a welcomed addition. Giving a list or column of pronounceable names when creating a new team would also be good.. Just a few things I would love to see fixed or added for the next year..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 11:56 AM   #6
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

At this point, I really wonder if more people have DECIDED to like this game or if they GENUINELY like this game. I just can't play it. Have no desire to. There are just too many problems with it for me and I feel like I wasted $60 on something that is just taking up space on my PS4. Really disappointing.
#WeAreND
Old 01-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #7
Rookie

This game will never reach it's potential if they don't fix the damn servers. They have had server issues for several years now. This year the servers have had issues since the release date and have only gotten worse since Christmas when more people got the game. Can't even play a pro-am game without one of your teammates getting lagged out. Park is always laggy. MyLeague online the servers are awful too. I just want a game that can work reliably.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuwopGeezus
This game will never reach it's potential if they don't fix the damn servers. They have had server issues for several years now. This year the servers have had issues since the release date and have only gotten worse since Christmas when more people got the game. Can't even play a pro-am game without one of your teammates getting lagged out. Park is always laggy. MyLeague online the servers are awful too. I just want a game that can work reliably.

That's my main gripe with the game. It blows my mind that games like COD, Halo, etc. can run so smoothly online yet I can play a game of 3v3 without expecting to experience lag. You jump into online and the players move nothing like they do in any other game mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »