Home

How should progression work?

This is a discussion on How should progression work? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How should progression work?

Regarding the mentor badge. Aside from a progression boost, a mentor could also be able to pass on badges and tendencies.

A step further would be to require a mentor to get some of the most important badges, like defensive anchor, early in a player's career.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 8

I've said this before but one thing I'd really like when it comes to progression is guys NOT regressing in the areas of IQ. It makes no sense for an older player to lose IQ. Players get smarter, not dumber. They have to compensate for failing physical skills. Nothing was more frustrating last year than watching Ginobili for example lose shot IQ points and other mental areas. Completely unrealistic. But again, this is tied to overall and they need to make the overall go down.

I 100% believe the overall rating is a large issue that hurts the game. Having it tied to so many things like rotations, contracts, FA, trades value, etc. leads to the roster creators having to "cheat" to make the overall work out
Old 01-22-2017, 09:19 PM   #19
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i could write a college level essay on the problem with 2k and its overall rating haha.

yea i dont understand the IQ decline, if anything it should almost be a gauruntee to go up yearly until retirement..how many 35+ year old NBA players do you see with the IQ of a 23 year old?

if you look at tim duncan he was one of the highest IQ players in the league the past forever, but if his iq progress/regressed in 2k's standards he would have had to retire 5 years ago because he would have no clue what to do on the court
Old 02-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

That progression system sounds awesome, I'll have to check it out as I've actually gotten into soccer the last couple years. I would love for the big sports games to take a look at some of the text based sim games for their franchise modes...why not, they are proven commodities...just add gameplay.

The tendencies progression is definitely whacked out also, thats a whole nother can of worms they need to tweak for sure.

I'm still a huge advocate for hidden/scout deduced attributes and/or a letter grade system. I dont like everything to be too easy, I want to work for my dynasty and I want to have hits and misses and not always know exactly what I'm getting.

Definitely gonna check out Football Manager though...Ive really only been into MLS the past couple years but have gotten a bit more into premier league this year.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:52 PM   #21
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

i know this thread is technically about what changes should be made to the system, but does anyone actually have any suggestions on how to get the best results out of the current system? im really struggling getting players to progress at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »