Home

CPU stat boosts + animation abuse

This is a discussion on CPU stat boosts + animation abuse within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU stat boosts + animation abuse

Why is the CPU capable of moving so much faster than the you?

I set the sliders for acceleration + speed + lateral quickness down to 0 for the CPU while keeping human sliders at 50 for each.

Play a game of blacktop 1v1 vs the CPU and see for yourself how the CPU is still able to keep up. Not all the time now that their slider is at 0, but still some of the time. It's ridiculous that they don't slow to an absolute crawl.

At this point. I think it's confirmed that the CPU is given hidden stat boosts by 2K to make the game 'challenging' for us.

Also, CPU is capable of animation abuse, which humans can't always replicate perfectly. Their movements are precise to the point that they always look like they're moving 'smoother' than human players.

A simple example is when you're hustling for a board in a full game or just in blacktop. When you go for the rebound, it looks like you do the jump forward, arms out, ready for a hug. The ball goes right between your arms while the CPU 'sucks' the ball from between your arms into their hand (and their hand is around your armpits).
This degree of animation abuse from the CPU is 'unrealistic' to say the least.
I think 2K coded the game so as to make it scripted who gets this next rebound.

People have already suspected that 2K has scripts for whether a shot is made or not, due to gifs and examples of shots which are rolling into the basket, then randomly reverse direction to roll out. 2K said this was an ONLINE issue, BUT I've seen in my games where this happens OFFLINE as well.

2K needs to come clean with these CPU stat boosts. The animation part, though, is annoying.

We've known that these are issues since many years ago. Please fix it 2K. Get rid of the awful stonewall defense (which comes as a part of the hidden stat boosts to speed/accel/lat quickness) + give back the smoother dribbling that we had in pre-1.06.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Re: CPU stat boosts + animation abuse

I don't give a damn what 2K says or the users who say. There's some type of code but I would agree with the speed bursts. I don't want to get in trouble so I will stop but I don't get it. It's top 5 pet peeve for me.

I'm Harden and he's 90 speed with ball and I am on the fastbreak. Andrew Harrison on the Grizzlies speed is 75 or something but it's way lower than Harden's speed. This dude catches up with me. Why?

We get handicapped way too much as the user. The AI has way too many advantages. If you play this game a lot like me you notice it and it's like, what's the point of having stats and ratings if they don't freaking matter?

The animations...All of them have to go. There's nothing else I need to say. It affects the game in every way. Whoever came out with this shouldn't have put them in.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #3
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

I got banned for criticism towards game developers
On this website ...be carefull what you say
The long arm of 2k sports reaches deep in the forum .
Old 01-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeassc
Why is the CPU capable of moving so much faster than the you?

I set the sliders for acceleration + speed + lateral quickness down to 0 for the CPU while keeping human sliders at 50 for each.

Play a game of blacktop 1v1 vs the CPU and see for yourself how the CPU is still able to keep up. Not all the time now that their slider is at 0, but still some of the time. It's ridiculous that they don't slow to an absolute crawl.

At this point. I think it's confirmed that the CPU is given hidden stat boosts by 2K to make the game 'challenging' for us.

Also, CPU is capable of animation abuse, which humans can't always replicate perfectly. Their movements are precise to the point that they always look like they're moving 'smoother' than human players.

A simple example is when you're hustling for a board in a full game or just in blacktop. When you go for the rebound, it looks like you do the jump forward, arms out, ready for a hug. The ball goes right between your arms while the CPU 'sucks' the ball from between your arms into their hand (and their hand is around your armpits).
This degree of animation abuse from the CPU is 'unrealistic' to say the least.
I think 2K coded the game so as to make it scripted who gets this next rebound.

People have already suspected that 2K has scripts for whether a shot is made or not, due to gifs and examples of shots which are rolling into the basket, then randomly reverse direction to roll out. 2K said this was an ONLINE issue, BUT I've seen in my games where this happens OFFLINE as well.

2K needs to come clean with these CPU stat boosts. The animation part, though, is annoying.

We've known that these are issues since many years ago. Please fix it 2K. Get rid of the awful stonewall defense (which comes as a part of the hidden stat boosts to speed/accel/lat quickness) + give back the smoother dribbling that we had in pre-1.06.
And the higher the difficulty level the more the CPU cheats to stay in the game, this a legacy issue but not to 2k because it continues to be in the game year in year out.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:01 AM   #5
Rookie

Yes, this year the most sliders don't affect the cpu when in boost-mode.
Set CPU pass accuracy, ball handling and ball security to 0 and the cpu had zero turnovers in the 4th quarter. My team with normal superstar sliders 10 turnovers, 0 defence and low energy. Actually I prefer to play NBA 2K16 untill next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »