Home

I don't think Defensive Stopper works the way it's supposed to work

This is a discussion on I don't think Defensive Stopper works the way it's supposed to work within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I don't think Defensive Stopper works the way it's supposed to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse

And can somebody explain this POS "Chasedown Artist" badge to me? I get beat off the dribble so easy you'd think I'd get a chance to actually use the badge, but no - I might get one block from behind in a week (If I'm lucky). Outside of a shot contest that will negate a good sharpshooter's or Shot Creator's dead eye, this archetype is really starting to freaking suck.
I think they might have patched the chasedown animation. I remember when 17 first came out, I was getting the sickest chasedown blocks. But now I get a lot of these weird animations where my momentum just stops and he goes for some weaksauce 5 second wind-up block.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #10
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah I don't understand why my momentum just completely stops ?

This game is a mess on defense .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
lol wow . But his badge never cuts off
Exactly. This ha been happening for the past month or so, where the offensive grand badges are cutting MY grand badge off, and not the other way around.

Brought this to Timmerman's attention a couple of times, and got a 'we're looking into it' response, which is starting to seem more like 'yeah, we know, but really have no plans to fix it.'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 11:12 AM   #12
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

In past 2ks, defensive stopper not only dropped badge levels but also dropped various offensive ratings of the player you're guarding.

My understanding was that bronze def stopper dropped some ratings and then silver and gold dropped badge levels.

Also Zach told me something interesting over the weekend. If you are a SF, your def stopper only activates vs SGs, SFs and PFs. Not PGs.

SGs activate vs PGs SGs and SFs

I think as a SF, def stopper should activate vs 1-4. Kawhi usually guards the other team's pg.....and so did Pippen back in the 90s

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Operation Sports mobile app
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-26-2017, 11:19 AM   #13
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
In past 2ks, defensive stopper not only dropped badge levels but also dropped various offensive ratings of the player you're guarding.

My understanding was that bronze def stopper dropped some ratings and then silver and gold dropped badge levels.

Also Zach told me something interesting over the weekend. If you are a SF, your def stopper only activates vs SGs, SFs and PFs. Not PGs.

I think as a SF, def stopper should activate vs 1-4. Kawhi usually guards the other team's pg.....and so did Pippen back in the 90s

So basically playmaking PGs can rape my ankles. Slasher PGs can dunk on me at will. Etc ...

I'm sure their badges don't work only on certain positions.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 01-26-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:40 AM   #14
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
So basically playmaking PGs can rape my ankles. Slasher PGs can dunk on me at will. Etc ...

I'm sure their badges don't work only on certain positions.
Exactly. If you're at the park with your SF and you're guarding a PG, your def stopper badge doesn't exist. Same in pro am.

SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 01-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti

[/url]
That is so pointless. The badge should work on all positions due to the fact that in park/walk on it's a toss up for what position my opponent will be. This is further proof that defense is just not a priority.

Also, what's up with the fouls when holding L2? Every time my opponent tries to run baseline and I stop them it's an automatic blocking/shooting foul. How else am I suppose to stop this dude?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 12:06 PM   #16
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

I got caught in the most outrageous ankle breaker animation in the park that just makes me wonder wtf is wrong with this game.

dude trying his hardest to break me, but it's not working , so he started running around screens to get open. we get back to our original spots and he does 1 move that just makes my guy fall like I just got brick walled. or sniped by a sniper. it just glitched me to the ground. he didn't even fall naturally.....

playmaker losing his **** like OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH. and I'm like, how can you be happy off that bail out animation?

my new favorite saying. " with a LDD/PP, you only go as far as 2k allows you to go, which isn't that far... "

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »