Home

I don't think Defensive Stopper works the way it's supposed to work

This is a discussion on I don't think Defensive Stopper works the way it's supposed to work within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #41
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: I don't think Defensive Stopper works the way it's supposed to work

All builds should have capacity to become lockdown defenders.

Just at the cost of some of their offensive capabilities.

I get a fair number of steals and blocks as a playmaking PG and I haven't put any attribute points in defense yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #42
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

OVR: 0

I am gonna test out my 6'11 PF lockdown and see how much a difference the rim protector on HOF makes a difference in pro am. I have a 6'9 SF LDD and I feel like I miss way too many blocks.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:35 PM   #43
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
All builds should have capacity to become lockdown defenders.

Just at the cost of some of their offensive capabilities.

I get a fair number of steals and blocks as a playmaking PG and I haven't put any attribute points in defense yet.
That is the reason behind the LDD, offense doesn't need another bailout. They have way too many tools/exploits where defense isn't consistent.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM   #44
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetheredcomet
I am gonna test out my 6'11 PF lockdown and see how much a difference the rim protector on HOF makes a difference in pro am. I have a 6'9 SF LDD and I feel like I miss way too many blocks.
A huge difference from my 6'8 SF to my 7' paint protector . Rim protector HOF is so much better and reliable.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 03-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxmike
2 be honest, I've retired my small and big LDD's (6'7 SF and 7' PF). It just isnt worth it. I can play ALMOST as good defense on my 6'11 glass cleaner and 6'8 Point Forward, yet I have way better options on the offensive end and badges.
For some reason, my 6'8" Point Forward gets much better block animations than my 6'8" Paint Protector. Both characters are fully maxed out with every defensive rating raised and every defensive badge unlocked.

The only theory I could come up with for why this happens is that it could be a result of their vertical ratings (84 for Point Forward, 79 for Paint Protector)? Maybe once you get to an 80 vertical rating you unlock a new set of block animations?

I have only played online with this Point Forward for about three weeks, but he instantly started getting huge swat animations that I'd never seen while using my old Paint Protector.

To me, it feels like having a 94 block rating and the hall of fame rim protector badge make no difference when it comes to getting good block animations.

I also have a 7'2" Post Scorer who gets even better block animations than my Point Forward and Paint Protector, despite his low 70s block rating and 37 vertical rating.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-06-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 09:08 AM   #46
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

This applies to MyTeam as well? So if I put my SF with Defensive Stopper on a PG the badge won't apply?
Old 03-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #47
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
For some reason, my 6'8" Point Forward gets much better block animations than my 6'8" Paint Protector. Both characters are fully maxed out with every defensive rating raised and every defensive badge unlocked.

The only theory I could come up with for why this happens is that it could be a result of their vertical ratings (84 for Point Forward, 79 for Paint Protector)? Maybe once you get to an 80 vertical rating you unlock a new set of block animations?

I have only played online with this Point Forward for about three weeks, but he instantly started getting huge swat animations that I'd never seen while using my old Paint Protector.

To me, it feels like having a 94 block rating and the hall of fame rim protector badge make no difference when it comes to getting good block animations.

I also have a 7'2" Post Scorer who gets even better block animations than my Point Forward and Paint Protector, despite his low 70s block rating and 37 vertical rating.
Def not true for my paint protector . Huge difference. What's the weight and wingspan on your paint protector vs playmaker. Think I should've made my LDD 6'9 instead of 6'8.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 03-07-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
This applies to MyTeam as well? So if I put my SF with Defensive Stopper on a PG the badge won't apply?

Defensive Stopper applies to match ups. So if your SF switches, it will apply to the player he switches to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »