Home

Repetitive Pausing in online games

This is a discussion on Repetitive Pausing in online games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2017, 05:45 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Repetitive Pausing in online games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
In no situation do you need to call 5 time outs in a row, but people do it all the time when they rage quit... seems fixable.
True. But I think it's a problem of scaling stuff like this down so it matches with the game time.
We don't play 4 12minute quarters online yet we have the same amount of timeouts (also with the same length each) and the same foul limits (team and personal) etc. as if we would play 12min quarters.

Also it would be useful to at least be able to change your own settings while the opponent pauses. Doesn't make sense being forced to stare at the timer and waste your lifetime...
A limit (one per qtr as someone mentioned) seems to be a good solution.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #10
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
I don't know if there really is a solution for 1 v 1 situations. Maybe they could let you give "Feedback" and you could leave him a 0 Star Review? That's really it.

One thing they could do in the 5v5 games (Pro-Am and All-star Teamup) is to limit Time Outs that 1 person can call and how many they can call consecutively.

In no situation do you need to call 5 time outs in a row, but people do it all the time when they rage quit... seems fixable.
They had this in NBA 2K7 and I have no idea why they took it out. This helped online guys to filter out other users who are straight sore losers and avoid even matching up with them.

They had like a VIP profile or something where you can see his review rating and make the decision whether you'd still like to play him or not based on those ratings from other players.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:57 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
I don't know if there really is a solution for 1 v 1 situations. Maybe they could let you give "Feedback" and you could leave him a 0 Star Review? That's really it.

One thing they could do in the 5v5 games (Pro-Am and All-star Teamup) is to limit Time Outs that 1 person can call and how many they can call consecutively.

I don't know about the feedback thing. You already know the trolls, sore losers and/or people with no clue about basic basketball are just gonna 0 star everyone. And those are a large part of the "community" in my experience.

As far as pro am, i do agree about the time outs. But on the other hand, i'm usually the one who has to call the 3 pretty much consecutive time outs at the end of the 3rd quarter in walk on. I don't know if people don't realize that you lose those going into the 4th or if they just don't care about regaining a little stamina... Either way, most of the time when i do this it's met with the flopping response, or worse they call the 4 remaining time outs. Like i did something wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 08:58 PM   #12
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Calling 3 timeouts in a row in Pro-Am to regain stamina is so annoying. I get why people do it, but it breaks up the flow of the game.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:08 PM   #13
Pro

Trust me, i'd like to spread those 3 time outs over the 3 quarters. Unfortunately you never know if your teammates are going to call more TO's later on and i prefer to keep as many of them as possible for the 4th quarter.

If my teammates use those 3 before the 4th, great. If not i'm gonna use them, it's foolish not to imo.

edit: And frankly, when you're playing walk on with randoms it's rare that there's any flow in the game anyway. Mostly just trolls ballhogging and taking horrible shots. However, in the rare instance that i get decent teammates i have to admit i often forget to call the TO's.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 01-28-2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:40 PM   #14
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I don't know about the feedback thing. You already know the trolls, sore losers and/or people with no clue about basic basketball are just gonna 0 star everyone. And those are a large part of the "community" in my experience.

As far as pro am, i do agree about the time outs. But on the other hand, i'm usually the one who has to call the 3 pretty much consecutive time outs at the end of the 3rd quarter in walk on. I don't know if people don't realize that you lose those going into the 4th or if they just don't care about regaining a little stamina... Either way, most of the time when i do this it's met with the flopping response, or worse they call the 4 remaining time outs. Like i did something wrong.
I don't really mind that. I'm talking more about people who use all the Time Outs in the 1st quarter (usually this person has D, his team is losing, or he's not getting the ball as much as he wants)
Old 01-31-2017, 09:38 PM   #15
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

2K create another patch to so user avoid calling timeout while shooting the ball it's very annoying. if that's how you win games 2k just create a separate game for the cheaters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #16
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Thanks for creating this OP. I was going to make one asking if it's a thing. Just noticed it last week (haven't played P2P online a lot). I started playing Blacktop in MyTeam and my opponent would constantly pause the game as they were driving. There is no counter/ timer to let you know when they go back live, so they'd just intermittently un-pause and try and catch me off guard.

Please understand that if you see my online, I just started playing online and I'm not that good as of yet. It's unnecessary to spam pause like that on a player like me. It's just annoying.

I spoke with a friend who says you only get so much total time to pause during games. But apparently it's too long.

Can we all on OS at least agree it's Busch League and make a concerted effort to not do it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »