Home

Repetitive Pausing in online games

This is a discussion on Repetitive Pausing in online games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Repetitive Pausing in online games

I apologize if there is already a thread for this, but the search option in the OS app isn't really giving me anything.

I played a guy in My Team who tried to prolong the game in the 4th quarter once he realized he couldn't win with his super team. First, he used up all his timeouts and let the timer go down to zero every time. Once all his timeouts were gone, he kept pausing and unpausing the game. It was beyond frustrating.

I believe he had a minute and a half of pause time that he could use in total, which is ridiculous. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of a win, so I just stayed in there until his timer ran out and I got the automatic win myself. That being said, I shouldn't have even had to deal with that.

There has to be something in the next game that limits the amount of times that you can pause the game. 2k has to end this foolishness.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 01-27-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Repetitive Pausing in online games

Thank you! This needs to die.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know if there really is a solution for 1 v 1 situations. Maybe they could let you give "Feedback" and you could leave him a 0 Star Review? That's really it.

One thing they could do in the 5v5 games (Pro-Am and All-star Teamup) is to limit Time Outs that 1 person can call and how many they can call consecutively.

In no situation do you need to call 5 time outs in a row, but people do it all the time when they rage quit... seems fixable.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I don't know if there really is a solution for 1 v 1 situations. Maybe they could let you give "Feedback" and you could leave him a 0 Star Review? That's really it.

One thing they could do in the 5v5 games (Pro-Am and All-star Teamup) is to limit Time Outs that 1 person can call and how many they can call consecutively.

In no situation do you need to call 5 time outs in a row, but people do it all the time when they rage quit... seems fixable.
There's always a solution. In Madden you're only allowed like 5 pauses, period. The 30-second timer starts counting down whenever your opponent hits the ready up button. So if you're playing a friend and they're doing something, they can have as much time as they need, but you can also force randoms to use one of their limited pauses if they need more time. You can't just pause the game a million times like you can in 2K.

For 2K, they could maybe give us 4 (one per quarter) and implement a similar system. Adjustments can be made in the timeout screen, so there's really no reason for a person to pause over and over again unless they're just trolling.

As far as Pro-Am games go, I agree with you.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #5
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
There's always a solution. In Madden you're only allowed like 5 pauses, period. The 30-second timer starts counting down whenever your opponent hits the ready up button. So if you're playing a friend and they're doing something, they can have as much time as they need, but you can also force randoms to use one of their limited pauses if they need more time. You can't just pause the game a million times like you can in 2K.

For 2K, they could maybe give us 4 (one per quarter) and implement a similar system. Adjustments can be made in the timeout screen, so there's really no reason for a person to pause over and over again unless they're just trolling.

As far as Pro-Am games go, I agree with you.
Great points. I like it.

The only time I use the Pause is to mess with things like Controller/Camera setting - everything else should be in the time out (though the time-out for Coaching Settings is insanely over-complicated) maybe they could streamline this process as well, so people don't really even need to pause it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2017, 09:28 PM   #6
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I apologize if there is already a thread for this, but the search option in the OS app isn't really giving me anything.

I played a guy in My Team who tried to prolong the game in the 4th quarter once he realized he couldn't win with his super team. First, he used up all his timeouts and let the timer go down to zero every time. Once all his timeouts were gone, he kept pausing and unpausing the game. It was beyond frustrating.

I believe he had a minute and a half of pause time that he could use in total, which is ridiculous. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of a win, so I just stayed in there until his timer ran out and I got the automatic win myself. That being said, I shouldn't have even had to deal with that.

There has to be something in the next game that limits the amount of times that you can pause the game. 2k has to end this foolishness.

NHL 16 you get 3 times to pause once that's up automatic win for the users. 2K should apply that and reduce the timer to 2:00 minutes. So that gives the players 1:00 to make all the changes at the beginning of the game.

Last edited by blk5tar5; 01-27-2017 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:45 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
NHL 16 you get 3 times to pause once that's up automatic win for the users. 2K should apply that and reduce the timer to 2:00 minutes. So that gives the players 1:00 to make all the changes at the beginning of the game.
Automatic win? Wow, that's awesome.

That needs to be in there as well. They do gotta put some kind of warning, though, cuz I could totally see them doing it half-assed and not explaining it.

For example, in All-Star Team-up the Time Outs are 1 minute long, which actually causes people to quit out of boredom. They don't explain that if everyone exits out of the TO Menu, the game will resume. Why don't they just write that on the screen or put a "Resume Game/ Exit" button?
Old 01-28-2017, 02:35 AM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Automatic win? Wow, that's awesome.

That needs to be in there as well. They do gotta put some kind of warning, though, cuz I could totally see them doing it half-assed and not explaining it.

For example, in All-Star Team-up the Time Outs are 1 minute long, which actually causes people to quit out of boredom. They don't explain that if everyone exits out of the TO Menu, the game will resume. Why don't they just write that on the screen or put a "Resume Game/ Exit" button?
NHL has many nice features. They have something called the one minute rule. You can quit any game before the one minute mark and it WON'T COUNT ON YOUR RECORD. I can't tell you how many people have had connection. It's a great rule.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »