Home

CPU Logic (Serious Questions)

This is a discussion on CPU Logic (Serious Questions) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
CPU Logic (Serious Questions)

At this point, I am not even mad. . Let me set the scene with an example:
HOF DIFFICULTY

MyLeague, year 2020, I managed to get the Raptors into finals, game 7 against Timberwolves, Towns is a beast, Wiggins is a Beast, LaVine is a beast. Kyle Lowry and Derozen doing work, I'm player locked as a SF I drafted and turned into a beast, the star player in fact. BECAUSE I am player locked, I have the coach settings to auto. It's a close game as expected, my sf trading buckets with Wiggins, at this point I'm already a bit heated due to a separate 2k issue, but that's another story. Here is where everything went wrong. under 2 minutes left in the fourth, Lowry (The third scoring option) has goes cold missing the last 4 of his shots, no big deal my SF picks up the slack.

Notice what happens in the last 2 minutes of this game, This is not the first time a series of unfortunate events occurs in the last minutes of a game.

The Line Up

PG Kyle Lowry
SG Norman Powell
SF DeRozen
PF Me
C Dwight Howard

Small Ball

Wiggins (also a good 3 point shooter now) is hot, my SF is hot. I've been getting double teamed since before I was hot but whatever that's expected at this point. so WHY EXACTLY IS IT, That 2k decides the best thing to do, is run a play for Kyle Lowry? Okay that's fine I'll come call for the ball, I do just that, the play break's it's freelance. Double team, of course that is fine... But wait a second, why is Lowry still standing in the same spot where he handed the ball off to me? Wait why is Dwight Standing at the 3? Wait why did Norman Powell (Whos man was double teaming me) Run and stand BEHIND DeRozen's man, so now the One Defender, could guard my Two Offensive teammates, that are standing in the right corner stagnant? OKAY it's fine, I call a Timeout.

7 seconds on the shotclock, over a minute left on the gameclock. Running an inbound play, Kyle Lowry catches the ball a foot behind the 3 with his back to the basket, Dwight Howard is standing next to him, Kyle Lowry Unprovoked turns and Chucks a 3 over 2 defenders, air ball of course.

On Defense, I foul to prevent an easy bucket,(5 Fouls) works in my favour Towns misses both freethrows. I score off a screen from Norman Powell. Up 1. Wiggins Scores quick, they're up two. 40 seconds left, I turned off the play calling because they were being ridiculous now running plays for an aged Howard, Howard sets a screen for me in the corner, I'm doubled, BECAUSE I picked the roll option Howard should be rolling. I draw the double away giving him space, DeRozen is sprinting towards me for whatever reason, I wait a second, and whip it to Howard who is standing.... Out Of Bounds, at the Corner 3.Where the screen is set The paint is Wide open, more then enough time to get there. not only did DeRozen out of all people not cut, Howard did not roll after I told him to do just that. Turnover, (my 2nd TO all game, i'm not out here throwing bad passes, I have several assists.) 30 seconds left, DOWN 2.

My SF is the only one who has been scoring the last minute and a half. I am standing Side by side with Norman guarding the inbound, The ball goes to Norman's man, I am Behind Norman. WHY, is it that the only option i forgot to turn off (Auto fouling in late game) Decides it would be best to put their greatest offensive option, Out of the game, when Lowry is Cold, I am Hot, and DeRozen can not shoot the shot we need (A 3 pointer)? So my sf sprints past Norman with 30 seconds left and fouls out the game, I am player locked, so it sims the rest of the game.

My CPU teammates lose all sense in the last two minutes of the game. My Career is the same thing. WHY is it My CPU teammates can not play at the Same Level as my CPU Opponent? WHY do they know who's hot and run plays for him, WHY are they Able to Summon my teammates to stand behind them, effectively doubling and blocking my passing Options? WHY is my cpu Coach doing the darndest things?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 05:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Logic (Serious Questions)

Maybe the plays are picked by what player has the best advantage against their defender?

You may have a 6'8 small forward that is hot but he may be matched against a defender that's 6'10 who is stronger while you could have a cold shooting guard who is 6'4 defended by someone 6'2 with less speed.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Logic (Serious Questions)

I see what you're saying but I was matched with Wiggins the whole game. If that was the case then 6'0 cold Lowry being guarded by 6'4 Dunn should've been another reason the ball wouldn't go to him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »