Home

The 2 guys stand in a corner offense

This is a discussion on The 2 guys stand in a corner offense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The 2 guys stand in a corner offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBillups36
They'll stand there they don't mind. The problem is trying to fight and rotate correctly on a 3 on 3 spread out game. You can't pressure, You can't stay deep, You can't rotate effectively even if there is great communication. And every team is running the same offense. It's frustrating as hell and really taking away from the game. We ran into 3 teams in a row last night running the same crap. The real way to combat it is to run the same offense but I wouldn't even ask someone I play with to stand in the corner and do nothing how much fun is that? It pays to be as cheesy as possible this year it blows.
all top teams run same offense it is what it is. 2k going down the gutter.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #10
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

Dudes have PM'd me and said they will stand in the corners lol

Just kidding bro I don't wanna run that cheese offense. We just gonna have our teammates drop so we have a better chance of defending it
Old 02-01-2017, 04:37 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
all top teams run same offense it is what it is. 2k going down the gutter.
Starting at elite 1 and going up through elite 6 I would say that 90% of the teams you'll face in those tiers run the exact same zone defense and cheese offense where it's just one ball handler zig zagging behind hall off fame brick wall screens until his defender runs out of stamina/gets his ankle broken/gets brick wall screened.

2K16 Pro Am had a ton more variety in the offenses and defenses that you faced at the top of the leaderboards because screens and zig zagging weren't that effective last year.

Grand badges and hall of fame badges have killed the authenticity of the gameplay this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #12
Pro

OP said exactly why PRO-AM is boring. I was gonna join a Pro AM team yday, but I let them know I was not a 24/7 beta. They kept talking about defense and shooting...smart team play....and I am a smart player who clamps anyone with any position, but I know what they wanted. A beta player who stands around and watches them run the offense.

It's not fun. I would never do that to anyone. These players are just ballhogs and they want the ball and don't care if you scored because it wasn't fun for them on that play. They will say they just want to win.....don't believe them.

The moment they pass you the ball you better shoot or it upsets them. You put the ball on the floor and they don't get the assist, they get upset (even if they don't say anything).

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
pleeeease. park is the most boring mode in the game. takes no skill.
And not far behind that is Pro-AM.

Maybe I just need a better Pro-AM team, so I want to give it another shot....I'm not getting my hopes up though. The problem is it's impossible to find players who are both good at the game and not ballhogs. That venn diagram has a huge gap in the middle.

Last edited by sk8board; 02-02-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:29 PM   #13
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
OP said exactly why PRO-AM is boring. I was gonna join a Pro AM team yday, but I let them know I was not a 24/7 beta. They kept talking about defense and shooting...smart team play....and I am a smart player who clamps anyone with any position, but I know what they wanted. A beta player who stands around and watches them run the offense.

It's not fun. I would never do that to anyone. These players are just ballhogs and they want the ball and don't care if you scored because it wasn't fun for them on that play. They will say they just want to win.....don't believe them.

The moment they pass you the ball you better shoot or it upsets them. You put the ball on the floor and they don't get the assist, they get upset (even if they don't say anything).

And not far behind that is Pro-AM.

Maybe I just need a better Pro-AM team, so I want to give it another shot....I'm not getting my hopes up though. The problem is it's impossible to find players who are both good at the game and not ballhogs. That venn diagram has a huge gap in the middle.
Sounds like people I used to play with!
"What do you want me to bring"
"Big man, boxout and play defense"

I'd shut down the other team's offense and ignite breaks (2k16 Break Starter OP), and they sat there taking all the credit for everything, lol.

I saw earlier you posted your GT so you're on Xbox right? I'm on PS4.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Sounds like people I used to play with!
"What do you want me to bring"
"Big man, boxout and play defense"

I'd shut down the other team's offense and ignite breaks (2k16 Break Starter OP), and they sat there taking all the credit for everything, lol.

I saw earlier you posted your GT so you're on Xbox right? I'm on PS4.
Yeah lol, it's funny how one player is quietly the engine for the team. My last Pro-AM team we started off 3-7 changing scrub players then we became 30-13 because of me. They would lose games without me and after I quit playing with them they lost their elite and their record is like 60-43. The guy who started it wants me back, but he knows I wanted out of that mess.

I'm just smart and I do and know what it takes to win. It just gets boring when you're playing with selfish idiots. I never took my record seriously because of 2k servers (especially after Christmas) and Comcast was trash for me at one point, but people want to have the best records while playing selfish and expect you to clean up for them.

Forget it man. I can just play MyTeam or 21 on Ante Up and have more fun. Even PNO is more fun than that.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:07 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 3

Wait... Keeping shooters in the corners is cheese? Lmmfao
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
Wait... Keeping shooters in the corners is cheese? Lmmfao
Not cheesy. Just boring. How beta do you have to be to do that? You only get the ball if you're wide open, the rest of the time I get it. LMAO what a joke.

The cheese part is everything else pro-am teams do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »