Home

I built a Dynasty in MyLeague. What now?

This is a discussion on I built a Dynasty in MyLeague. What now? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #17
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I built a Dynasty in MyLeague. What now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
I had typed like 4 paragraphs setting up this question but nobody reads anyway. Long story short after being an amazing GM of the Bulls I have Lonzo Ball, Zach Lavine, Paul George, Aaron Gordon, & DeMarcus Cousins. This has made the game incredibly boring. What do you usually do after building a powerhouse? See how many titles you can win? Quit the mode and restart? Have a fire sale?
Switch teams? When I start a MyLeague I always remember to select all teams so I can switch between them.

Sometimes what I will do is swap teams if I beat a better team with a worse, and if I lose to a worse team I switch to that team until I can beat somebody else.

It lets you see the overall feel of the league, you can easily track the needs of teams when you play with them and realise they have no depth or need shooting etc etc.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Lol @ dudes attacking the OP over how he plays his game.

Anyway, Man. I love when I get a dynasty going in this game. It's fun to see how long you can keep winning until you run out of money to keep all your stars, or another team finally beats you in the playoffs.

Play the game however you want, you spent your hard earned money on it. If you want to put Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain on your ML team, go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Shhh... this is the OS community. People will be as condescending and elitist and SIM as possible.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Lol @ dudes attacking the OP over how he plays his game.
play the game however you like but he came in here and said "after being an amazing gm" and posted all the unrealistic sh*t he did and asked what else to do. Idk maybe try a semblance of realism and you might enjoy it more
Old 02-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #20
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
That's fine but in no way realistic. Minnesota isn't giving up Wiggins for anything on the Bulls, let alone throwing in Lavine and a pick. They are hanging up the phone. As for Cousins, he is probably going to sign a max extension with the Kings or he will be traded for some combination of 1st rounders, blue chip prospects, and young NBA starters. Maybe Butler, McDermott, and 2 first rounders would do it. Paul George also quite a long shot. You can do it however you want, but none of those moves are ever happening in the real NBA.

In fact there was an article that came out today that said Kings have discussed trading Cousins to the Suns for the young center Alex Len, TJ Warren, and the Suns first rounder this year and possibly more. Maybe you could take the Kings or Suns and do that deal and try to rebuild either one of those franchises.
It's not our fault that the game has unrealistic logic. I'm not gonna pass up a good trade because it's not something that would happen in real life. It's a video game lol
Old 02-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #21
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
It's not our fault that the game has unrealistic logic. I'm not gonna pass up a good trade because it's not something that would happen in real life. It's a video game lol
Like when Cavs owner Ted Stepien traded away all his draft picks, one of them went to the Lakers, and because the Cavs had the league's worst record in 1982, the Lakers got the first pick, and wound up with James Worthy despite JUST winning the championship?

"You can't legislate intelligence."
--Tex Schramm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2017, 10:52 PM   #22
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
True. But don't exploit that then turn around and ask for suggestion on how to make it more challenging. If thats your thing then rock on. It's like me running a money play in Madden I know the CPU can't defend then turning around and getting bored because I go undefeated every year. I doesn't make any sense.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:49 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8

Now that Chicago is a powerhouse, why don't you switch to another Central team in the same MyLeague and build them up? Always a challenge taking a new team to the top against the team you helped create.

Teams
NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers - 2016 NBA Champions
NFL: Cleveland Browns
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NCAA BB: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cleveland St. Vikings
NCAA FB: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 02-06-2017, 01:54 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyStroke3
play the game however you like but he came in here and said "after being an amazing gm" and posted all the unrealistic sh*t he did and asked what else to do. Idk maybe try a semblance of realism and you might enjoy it more
exactly, exactly, do we really need even more negative comments about the game when every thread is about how bad the game from every single angle, this guy even trash the game based on how hes doing in whatever myleague career he is having?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »