Home

Begging for a patch to address terrible AI double teaming in the post

This is a discussion on Begging for a patch to address terrible AI double teaming in the post within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2017, 07:31 PM   #57
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Begging for a patch to address terrible AI double teaming in the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
I speak solely as an offline ML gamer. I dont see a problem with the amount of doubles, the problem is there is no rotation from the CPU once the double occurs. It's basically just pass to the open man. Often its a shooter one pass away.
I appreciate you talking basketball. Helping one pass away should be reserved for players with lower defensive awareness ratings.

It happens way too often and I have to use "House Rules" to prevent myself from making that easy pass.

It is very frustrating
Old 02-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm taking time off from 2k just because of the double teams. Having a shooter or big man down low open EVERYTIME because of double teaming is extremely frustrating. I tend not to make the pass but it ruins the basketball experience. I rather it be turned off if there are no other solutions.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:47 PM   #59
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You hit the nail on the head with this one. It will take much more work than could ever be patched to deliver a complete solution.

I completely understand how you would like them to work in future (Just like real life ) but I popped in here so see what the temperature was for the options we actually have on the table.

I'm not making any promises but I am looking at the options we have available. We'll see. Seems kind of split at first glance.
Czar where have the sim nation webcasts been?
Old 02-22-2017, 03:02 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
I'm taking time off from 2k just because of the double teams. Having a shooter or big man down low open EVERYTIME because of double teaming is extremely frustrating. I tend not to make the pass but it ruins the basketball experience. I rather it be turned off if there are no other solutions.
Its broken bro .
Old 02-22-2017, 03:28 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You hit the nail on the head with this one. It will take much more work than could ever be patched to deliver a complete solution.

I completely understand how you would like them to work in future (Just like real life ) but I popped in here so see what the temperature was for the options we actually have on the table.

I'm not making any promises but I am looking at the options we have available. We'll see. Seems kind of split at first glance.
Hey Da_Czar, as you were asking the community on this board, with two options you gave us, double team by AI ON vs. OFF, a majority of us responded just have it off for 2k17, this game, as mentioned many times already, to me, is amazing, is close to perfect, I don't need the AI to figure out when to double or not, you don't need to tell the dev team to change too much (I know and understand just turning it off is a lot of work already), but just have it off, so we told you the answer and please help us to transfer this message to the team, AI double team for nba2k17 - completely turn off, as for examples you replied to my private message, I will write to you soon, thanks my man, you are the best!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 07:38 AM   #62
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Hey Da_Czar, as you were asking the community on this board, with two options you gave us, double team by AI ON vs. OFF, a majority of us responded just have it off for 2k17, this game, as mentioned many times already, to me, is amazing, is close to perfect, I don't need the AI to figure out when to double or not, you don't need to tell the dev team to change too much (I know and understand just turning it off is a lot of work already), but just have it off, so we told you the answer and please help us to transfer this message to the team, AI double team for nba2k17 - completely turn off, as for examples you replied to my private message, I will write to you soon, thanks my man, you are the best!

You're only voicing your opinion here. Some agree some don't.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:55 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
You're only voicing your opinion here. Some agree some don't.
who doesn't want this to be turned off? who wouldn't be i mean? is like the only killer to the game and dev knows too!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree that AI double teams need to be turned off for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »