Home

Is your Pro-Am Team in the Tournament? Why not more features for unqualified Teams?

This is a discussion on Is your Pro-Am Team in the Tournament? Why not more features for unqualified Teams? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is your team qualifying to compete for 250k?
Yes. 3 15.00%
No. 17 85.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Is your Pro-Am Team in the Tournament? Why not more features for unqualified Teams?

Tournament thing is cool, but realistically - none of us are going to actually be in it.

Why not give the other 99% of us something to do with our Pro-Am Teams?

Let us make our own League (or join "official ones") that features:

- A custom amount of "Regular Season" games
- Tracks Wins/Losses and allows qualifying teams to enter Playoffs/Finals mode.
- Auto-generated Awards (MVP, All Defensive Team, etc)
- Allows for "exhibition" games where you can just schedule games for fun against a friend's team.

I'd rather play a bunch of these games vs other regular people instead of trying to compete with e-gamers for 250k. Let the e-gamers have their tournament, but what about us normal people - the other 99% of your customers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Is your Pro-Am Team in the Tournament? Why not more features for unqualified Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
Tournament thing is cool, but realistically - none of us are going to actually be in it.

Why not give the other 99% of us something to do with our Pro-Am Teams?

Let us make our own League (or join "official ones") that features:

- A custom amount of "Regular Season" games
- Tracks Wins/Losses and allows qualifying teams to enter Playoffs/Finals mode.
- Auto-generated Awards (MVP, All Defensive Team, etc)
- Allows for "exhibition" games where you can just schedule games for fun against a friend's team.

I'd rather play a bunch of these games vs other regular people instead of trying to compete with e-gamers for 250k. Let the e-gamers have their tournament, but what about us normal people - the other 99% of your customers.
Instead of 250k pot of gold tooth fairy, how about just let us get rep for park?
Old 02-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: Is your Pro-Am Team in the Tournament? Why not more features for unqualified Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8board
Instead of 250k pot of gold tooth fairy, how about just let us get rep for park?
I have no idea why you can't earn MyPlayer Rep in Pro-Am team.... it's way harder than walk-on and park. It's probably the hardest mode (especially when you hit Elite status).

I love Pro-Am Team, but it feels somewhat pointless when the goal is something most of us aren't striving for. Give us more attainable goals, make it fun.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1

Should have been had pro am leagues.. Maybe by 2020 we'll have pro am leagues and commentary for it also. Pro am has alot of potential tho..

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Old 02-06-2017, 04:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Ummmmmmmm....this topic sounds soooo familiar.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-leagues.html

Lemme just rehash for those of you who didn't get a chance to read in my other post.

Hey whats up guys, this is BreakStarter here again and i just wanted to touch base on One of the modes i play most often, and that is the Pro Am. This mode which was introduced in 2k16 requires that once you build your myplayer up from from MyCareer, you then meet up with your friends or meet up with people you meet in Mypark and get a squad together of 5 and team up to face other teams of 5 and square off to see who's got the better squad.

In it's 2nd season, Pro Am Mode in 2k17 features even more details which allow you as a user to assemble a team with up to 10 players on your roster and customize your logo, court and jerseys, or join a pick-up game as a walk on. Level up from Amateur to Elite to get sponsors, arena upgrades.

Pro Am Mode is the Esports platform of Nba 2k and this year we have a tournament in which the grand prize is $250,000 and a trip to the nba Allstar game. This is in its own right is cool, but after playing this game mode for the second straight year, i walk away feeling like this mode could be better than its currently constructed.

Introducing Pro Am Leagues:

Imagine users being able to host their own Myleagues with Myplayers.

allow users to experience a full 30-team league like never before. Trades, Signings, Playoffs Races: One Champion.

AllStar Games with the best performing Myplayers at halfway through the season.

Allow teams to restart matches if all team members don't make it into the match/Someone from either team gets disconnected within the first 3 minutes of the 1st quarter.

Wager VC against opposing teams based on records. The higher the record, the more VC you can wager.

Teams will progress through different tiers in Pro-Am based off rank.

Your team gets rewarded more for beating a higher ranked team compared to a lower ranked team (beating a 10-2 team vs. beating a 5-6 team)

As your team ranks up in tiers, you unlock more stuff for your arena.

As your rank up, you will gain sponsorships for your team.

Full blown leaderboard, recording individual stats for each player on each team. Can "scout" other teams.

Teams can have a maximum 20-man roster.

Each Team Can have an Owner and the owner can assign Mods to add people to the crew or delete them from the team. Mods cannot delete the team or kick the Owner/Gm off the team.

Full in game color Commentary from Kevin Harlan and the crew.

2K needs this to give those of us who arent fortunate enough to win the grand prize to at least still have a great time and keep the game fresh long after the esports tournament is over.

Tell me what you guys think?

Lets keep this thread on track and hopefully one of the devs sees this and we can get this in 2k18!

-BreakStarter

Here's also link to a thread where I posted my ideas for 2k18 and what needs to be addressed to make this franchise great again.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ate-union.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

At the very least I should get rep. It's really annoying knowing that I should probably be a SS2 or SS3, and the only reason we play it nowadays is because the competition is better and we don't really want to play 100-50 games.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter

Here's also link to a thread where I posted my ideas for 2k18 and what needs to be addressed to make this franchise great again.

Great ideas, I love em.

I'm even willing to settle for the basics of it - with only stats/leaderboards/standings. It all seems very do-able.

Pro-Am is where they're putting their e-sports focus, which is great, but they seem to have forgotten that the majority of players will not be qualifying to compete for that 250k prize.... After the Tournament is over - then what?

I'd love to put together a 10-team league that just plays 10-20 games to qualify for a bracketed Playoff and Finals match. This is the direction 2k11 seemed to be taking the game, but looks like they got off track a little bit.

Last edited by SirGaryColeman; 02-06-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #8
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakstarter

Lemme just rehash for those of you who didn't get a chance to read in my other post.

Hey whats up guys, this is BreakStarter here again and i just wanted to touch base on One of the modes i play most often, and that is the Pro Am. This mode which was introduced in 2k16 requires that once you build your myplayer up from from MyCareer, you then meet up with your friends or meet up with people you meet in Mypark and get a squad together of 5 and team up to face other teams of 5 and square off to see who's got the better squad.

In it's 2nd season, Pro Am Mode in 2k17 features even more details which allow you as a user to assemble a team with up to 10 players on your roster and customize your logo, court and jerseys, or join a pick-up game as a walk on. Level up from Amateur to Elite to get sponsors, arena upgrades.

Pro Am Mode is the Esports platform of Nba 2k and this year we have a tournament in which the grand prize is $250,000 and a trip to the nba Allstar game. This is in its own right is cool, but after playing this game mode for the second straight year, i walk away feeling like this mode could be better than its currently constructed.

Introducing Pro Am Leagues:

Imagine users being able to host their own Myleagues with Myplayers.

allow users to experience a full 30-team league like never before. Trades, Signings, Playoffs Races: One Champion.

AllStar Games with the best performing Myplayers at halfway through the season.

Allow teams to restart matches if all team members don't make it into the match/Someone from either team gets disconnected within the first 3 minutes of the 1st quarter.

Wager VC against opposing teams based on records. The higher the record, the more VC you can wager.

Teams will progress through different tiers in Pro-Am based off rank.

Your team gets rewarded more for beating a higher ranked team compared to a lower ranked team (beating a 10-2 team vs. beating a 5-6 team)

As your team ranks up in tiers, you unlock more stuff for your arena.

As your rank up, you will gain sponsorships for your team.

Full blown leaderboard, recording individual stats for each player on each team. Can "scout" other teams.

Teams can have a maximum 20-man roster.

Each Team Can have an Owner and the owner can assign Mods to add people to the crew or delete them from the team. Mods cannot delete the team or kick the Owner/Gm off the team.

Full in game color Commentary from Kevin Harlan and the crew.

2K needs this to give those of us who arent fortunate enough to win the grand prize to at least still have a great time and keep the game fresh long after the esports tournament is over.

Tell me what you guys think?

Lets keep this thread on track and hopefully one of the devs sees this and we can get this in 2k18!

-BreakStarter

Great idea. Seen it on other wishlists too http://nba2kwishlist.com/ol.jsp?ID=mp-crew-mmo-world

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »