Home

NBA 2k18 Presentation Innovation

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Presentation Innovation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2k18 Presentation Innovation

I've created a list of the top 20 presentation elements that could innovate 2k. I would love to hear your opinion on this list if they're ideas of presentation missing please add.

1. For MyGM and Mycareer show top 10 visual highlights for plays of the day/week/month - and after the finals - show plays of the year + plays of the year/highlight reel for the team who wins the finals (+ nightly game recaps and highlights, something similar to Sportscenter). For pre-game highlights show the game last played against the team your facing previous meeting against them highlights for the season and playoffs/finals

2. I'd also like to see some player/ref, coaches/ref, coaches/player interaction. Refs breaking up two players jawing. Players talking to refs during dead balls. Coaches in ref ear after a bad foul call during dead ball. One player talking to coach during freethrow attempt, etc. Coaches getting emotional to bad foul calls having to be restrained by assistant coaches. Coaches recieving warning/technical for walking outside of coaches box to talk to ref

3. During freethrow shot show a cutscene of player X discussing things over with the referee sometimes for example a foul called against him

4. Mycareer Interactive Trophy Presentation make it so we can control our player and walk to the podium to get the trophy, walk around the arena floor celebrating with the trophy, highfiving and chest bumping teammates, standing on top of scoring table pumping up the crowd. When you've played an entire league season you deserve more than a 5 minute cut scene to end your season

5. standing ovations from home fans when a player gets up from injury or returns from injury. Also if a star/role player has a big game in a blowout and is subbed out should get a standing ovation

6. Presentation for season games if a player had torched a team previously they should show that player highlights from that game

7. During timeouts they should show animated commentators talking

8. Post game analysis by animated commentaters should show barely any fans in arena. Just have commentaters discussing basic stuff like what both teams need to work on

9. during the finals show a cutscene of the league commissioner in attendance and have a sit-down interview with him. Could be a voice over and not his real voice

10. For MYGM have a tribute night for the Legends where they are honored pregame and maybe show live footage of their highlights

11. During timeouts have a little camera box on the bottom right part of the screen showing highlights sometimes

12. After halftime show animated commentaters discussing stats and then have it cut to an animated Doris Burke discussing coaches gameplan etc. Just like how a real life broadcast is done in the nba

13. When a player gets injured there should be a replay showing how the player sustained the injury and also have the commentaters speak about the injury

14. During halftime when players are walking off the court I want them high fiving home fans and too be heckled,booed by away fans. You should show a cutscene of the away fans animating the boo sign while players walk off the court

15. When a player gets hurt show him getting helped by trainers all the way to the lockeroom in a picture in picture box window and if injury not serious show trainer getting him stretched or iced up near the bench area

16. Cut Stoppages have sideline doctor wipe the cut or bloody nose from player (The Little Things)

17. Have Ernie,Kenny,Shaq in the studio showing live updates on other games could be pre-recorded

18. When a key player is injured on the bench have the commentators and doris burke discussing the injury. Have a camera close up shot of the injured player also during the discussion

19. Make pregame, halftime, postgame shows more in depth with the keys to game and what adjustments need to be made and what was the difference in winning the game.

20. With the picture in picture box window during timeouts you guys can be creative with it by having 3 picture in picture box windows. One picture would have in game highlights another picture would have cheerleaders dancing. The third picture would have animated commentators maybe discussing the highlights or going through the stats of the game. While on the big picture would be the players huddled up with their coach

Last edited by Crunky; 02-21-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Banned

lilkoolaid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k18 Presentation Innovation

i have the same post before of how i want this to be in the game before the release of 2k17. coz how boring it is looking at the game, then as time goes by i realize that 2k would not even going to take a look at this as they so focused on online gaming. which really bummed me out coz there are hardcore sim players who wants the authenticity of the game and want to feel like its the real thing. but i hope im wrong.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Completely agree on all points. People have been asking for the longest time for a weekly wrap up show with randomly generated highlights. If NFL 2k5 could do it I don't see what the problem is.

The post game show in particular is lacking full game highlights and any type of stats breakdown, it's simply just highlights of the player of the game and that's it. Since 2k16 introduced the post game show I really thought they would build on it for 17 but it's exactly the same.

Another thing I'd like to see is more varied camera angles. It would help keep things fresh if your watching random angles of animations you might be used to seeing hundreds of times.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #4
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Great stuff man.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
I've created a list of the top 20 presentation elements that could innovate 2k. I would love to hear your opinion on this list if they're ideas of presentation missing please add.

1. For MyGM and Mycareer show top 10 visual highlights for plays of the day/week/month - and after the finals - show plays of the year + plays of the year/highlight reel for the team who wins the finals (+ nightly game recaps and highlights, something similar to Sportscenter). For pre-game highlights show the game last played against the team your facing previous meeting against them highlights for the season and playoffs/finals

2. I'd also like to see some player/ref, coaches/ref, coaches/player interaction. Refs breaking up two players jawing. Players talking to refs during dead balls. Coaches in ref ear after a bad foul call during dead ball. One player talking to coach during freethrow attempt, etc. Coaches getting emotional to bad foul calls having to be restrained by assistant coaches. Coaches recieving warning/technical for walking outside of coaches box to talk to ref

3. During freethrow shot show a cutscene of player X discussing things over with the referee sometimes for example a foul called against him

4. Mycareer Interactive Trophy Presentation make it so we can control our player and walk to the podium to get the trophy, walk around the arena floor celebrating with the trophy, highfiving and chest bumping teammates, standing on top of scoring table pumping up the crowd. When you've played an entire league season you deserve more than a 5 minute cut scene to end your season

5. standing ovations from home fans when a player gets up from injury or returns from injury. Also if a star/role player has a big game in a blowout and is subbed out should get a standing ovation

6. Presentation for season games if a player had torched a team previously they should show that player highlights from that game

7. During timeouts they should show animated commentators talking

8. Post game analysis by animated commentaters should show barely any fans in arena. Just have commentaters discussing basic stuff like what both teams need to work on

9. during the finals show a cutscene of the league commissioner in attendance and have a sit-down interview with him. Could be a voice over and not his real voice

10. For MYGM have a tribute night for the Legends where they are honored pregame and maybe show live footage of their highlights

11. During timeouts have a little camera box on the bottom right part of the screen showing highlights sometimes

12. After halftime show animated commentaters discussing stats and then have it cut to an animated Doris Burke discussing coaches gameplan etc. Just like how a real life broadcast is done in the nba

13. When a player gets injured there should be a replay showing how the player sustained the injury and also have the commentaters speak about the injury

14. During halftime when players are walking off the court I want them high fiving home fans and too be heckled,booed by away fans. You should show a cutscene of the away fans animating the boo sign while players walk off the court

15. When a player gets hurt show him getting helped by trainers all the way to the lockeroom in a picture in picture box window and if injury not serious show trainer getting him stretched or iced up near the bench area

16. Cut Stoppages have sideline doctor wipe the cut or bloody nose from player (The Little Things)

17. Have Ernie,Kenny,Shaq in the studio showing live updates on other games could be pre-recorded

18. When a key player is injured on the bench have the commentators and doris burke discussing the injury. Have a camera close up shot of the injured player also during the discussion

19. Make pregame, halftime, postgame shows more in depth with the keys to game and what adjustments need to be made and what was the difference in winning the game.

20. With the picture in picture box window during timeouts you guys can be creative with it by having 3 picture in picture box windows. One picture would have in game highlights another picture would have cheerleaders dancing. The third picture would have animated commentators maybe discussing the highlights or going through the stats of the game. While on the big picture would be the players huddled up with there coach

I love everything you just said. I'd like for them make it where say a player like Russell Westbrook decides to leave for the Lakers it'd be cool if during his first game back in okc that they boo'd him and you could hear some cheers. It happens everytime he touched the ball. Also they should add something were. Player emotions really meant something like a Player like Draymond Green and DeMarcus Cousins reaction to a call would be a lot more volatile then a player like Curry's or Kevin Love's. They should another function were they show more Advanced Stats like the League Leaders in Net Rating or what player has the highest Defensive Rating. And last Can we finally get a TNT Broadcast package with majority of the people from Turner. Like Isaiah Thomas Steve Smith 3D. Mike Fratello. That would be dope af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 08:56 PM   #6
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

What about removing the celebrations from the bench
Being down by 20 ...i never saw the bench extravagantly celebrate a dunk or and 1 while being down big.STUPID
Old 02-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #7
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Nice post OP...I would be happy if half those suggestions made it online, specificially into MLO.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 02-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargers_Are_The_Bes
I love everything you just said. I'd like for them make it where say a player like Russell Westbrook decides to leave for the Lakers it'd be cool if during his first game back in okc that they boo'd him and you could hear some cheers. It happens everytime he touched the ball. Also they should add something were. Player emotions really meant something like a Player like Draymond Green and DeMarcus Cousins reaction to a call would be a lot more volatile then a player like Curry's or Kevin Love's. They should another function were they show more Advanced Stats like the League Leaders in Net Rating or what player has the highest Defensive Rating. And last Can we finally get a TNT Broadcast package with majority of the people from Turner. Like Isaiah Thomas Steve Smith 3D. Mike Fratello. That would be dope af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA L*VE 2010 had something like that. When Vince Cater would play in Toronto, everytime he would touch the ball the crowd would boo him, just like they in reality for many years. MIKE WANG was at EA during this time before EA decided to go in the wrong direction and Mike Wang returned to 2k.

This stuff is possible, Mike Wang has been on it before, he just need's to get it done again.

EDIT: There should be another stat which shows how many 40 point games, 50 point games and 60 point games a certain superstar has scored during the season. That would be epic!

Better NBA Finals Atmosphere!

The crowd in the nba arena is way too fake. No one is ever walking around anymore lol everyone is in there seats and what happened to people in the tunnel? more camera crews? employee's walking around giving food? team trainers behind the bench?? the Atmosphere and random movements outside of the court by these people is being missed. It looks lonely lol

Last edited by ibrampton; 02-22-2017 at 11:18 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »