Home

Isaiah Thomas needs to be fixed

This is a discussion on Isaiah Thomas needs to be fixed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Isaiah Thomas needs to be fixed

It's really frustrating, he's the second leading scorer in the NBA, one of the best clutch players in the league, nearly avg 50/40/90, one of the best finishers in the paint in the league. But in 2k he's hot garbage. He's slow, I can't ever get passed my man. I somehow miss open shots with him, he definitely can't ever finish around the rim. He gets blocked all the time. Really, 2k? He's one of the best players this season and on 2k, he's just a liability on the floor. I'm posting this here bc idk, whether they can fix him this year or next year. I just want to get the conversation going on this, Isaiah Thomas needs to be fixed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Isaiah Thomas needs to be fixed

I agree. I think a major reason he's slow is because of the dribbling animations. When the game first came out it was easier to drive with him because you can explode out of dribble moves. Now that the explosions have been replaced with slow dragging animations he can't dribble, he's too short so he gets blocked, his layup animation is the default guard package so he sucks at laying it up too. Only temp fix I see is changing his layup package and giving him some HOF badges manually in an attempt to balance his faults. So HOF deadeyes so he all his shots aren't seen as contested, HOF acrobat so he can atleast score in the paint sometimes, etc.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah man. I tried tinkering with him, but he still gets blocked. He still misses few open shots. It's definitely better than before. 2k needs to fix him for the next year, it's really hard playing franchise mode and not being able to even touch your franchise player
Old 02-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #4
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

The reason he gets blocked now is because of the way the ball is live now. Remember how in previous iterations, people would complain about not being able to block anything? Well, they tweaked how the ball works and now actual physics take place with blocks. Since IT is so small, anything he throws up has a higher chance of being blocked than others because the ball has to travel through the air longer.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
The reason he gets blocked now is because of the way the ball is live now. Remember how in previous iterations, people would complain about not being able to block anything? Well, they tweaked how the ball works and now actual physics take place with blocks. Since IT is so small, anything he throws up has a higher chance of being blocked than others because the ball has to travel through the air longer.

The problem isn't the ball being tangible as it is in real life too and this doesn't happen anywhere near as much as it does in 2K. It's the lack of proper animations allowing him to get a shot of with space from a defender or even get the shot off period without taking forever. The over compensation on defense you get for being tall even with trash rating should also be loooked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

I respectfully disagree

I do think hes a bit better in real life than in game, but I easily can get around 25 with him. I time his drives, play him in pick and roll situations, and also catch and shoot with him.

I think hes better at finishing around the rim in real life than in game but I still am able to get some layups.

I play superstar level for what its worth
Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 4

Blame Isaiah for becoming great after the game shipped. He will have his special badge next year

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2017, 04:34 AM   #8
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

nothing's gonna change unless they rebuild the whole game engine.
2K18's gonna be the same or drastically opposite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »