Home

NBA 2K18:Big Man Need Love

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18:Big Man Need Love within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K18:Big Man Need Love

Hey Sports fans, Its your #1`Guyser Breakstarter here back with another idea to share with the Nba 2K community. I'm sure after this weekend, if you're like me, We all were tuned in to see the NBA Allstar Weekend in New Orleans. It was a star studded event which showcased all of the League's best talent. One of the Events which caught my attention was the Taco Bell Skills Challenge. Now for the 2nd straight year a big man has won this event. Now Typically these events have been won by point guards because they usually have the "skill sets" needed to win these affairs.

Previous winner of the Taco Bell Skills Challenge

2003-Jason Kidd
2004-Baron Davis
2005-Steve Nash
2006-Dwyane Wade
2007wyane Wade
2008eron Williams
2009errick Rose
2010:Steve Nash
2011:Stephen Curry
2012:Tony Parker
2013amian Lillard
2014amian Lillard/Trey Burke
2015:Patrick Beverley
2016:Karl Anthony Towns
2017:Kristaps Porzingis

While we are at the Peak Of the Point guard era, in my honest and humble opinion, The NBA is returning to form with the evolution of the big man.
No Longer will we be seeing your father's NBA Big men...

Slow, lumbering giants who were picked by teams solely because of their size, rebounding and rim protecting abilities

Todays Big man will now Have inside AND Outside game.
We can attribute pioneers like Tony Kukoc, or Anthony Mason....but The true forerunner of this evolution would have to be Kevin Garnett. Back in 1995 when Most bigs didnt have the total package, KG coming right out of HS influenced a whole generation which brings me to my point.

For too long The NBA 2k franchise has had these preconceived notions of how a "Big Man" is supposed to play. In 2017, big men can now shoot the deep 2, can extend to the three point line, when necessary have a post game, protect the paint also put the ball on the floor to get their own shot and that’s without even getting into the position semantics of Kevin Durant and others as power forwards.

With Guys Like Demarcus Cousins and Kristaps Porzingis dominating skills challenges once ran by much quicker guards, i think its time 2k start showing the big man more love in the versatility department. These archetypes are almost laughable, because these players more than qaulified to do more than one thing great.

Take a look at Kristaps footwork in this next clip. It may not be actual in game speed, but the fact that KP is moving so fast step by step with someone 6 inches shorter than shows that Big Men Need an upgrade.

Here is a an article with 3 videos showcasing Kristaps in the preseaon working on his ball handling.

http://www.businessinsider.com/krist...-scared-2016-6

We even have Super Skilled 7 footer Nikola Jokic who is comfortable bringing down the ball full court and getting busy with a sweet behind back a-la-john wall.

Karl Anthony towns showcases why Minnestos future is in good hands with this nice mini crossover

Rookie Thon Maker is Another Promising Big who can put it on the floor

While Clearly not a "crossover" in every sense of the word, birdman will remember his name.

Big Boogie Cousins is By definition the best Center in the league and he can do it all. Now teamed up with fellow big man Anthony Davis, Sky is the limit for what the future holds when these two twin towers come together.

Oh yeah, Boogie Breaks Ankles too...

All I'm Saying is that This New Era of Big Men are faster, quicker, more entertaining, and can move like 3's and Fours and can space the floor by extending their shots out to the 3 point line. Currently, these Myplayers and NBA big men in 2k are too restricted with this archetype system. Bigs need to have access to higher caps in speed, quickness, ball handling and
shooting/3 point shooting. I'd love to see the devs show some love to the Bigs in 2k18 and the franchise in general moving forward so they can better resemble what we see in real life.

Lets get this Thread enough attention in hopes that the devs can implement this in 2K18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
MVP

Re: NBA 2K18:Big Man Need Love

Didn't people complain about this last year?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

As a offline only player I'm cool with this.

Sounds like a horrible idea for online play though.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
Didn't people complain about this last year?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
I know we live a scary world and it might make you even terrified, but big men absolutely are more agile, than yesteryear. No way should Bigs so restricted in 2k...they aren't these big oafs that 2k portays them to be. Have you ever tried to accelerate with anyone over 6'8? Its like pulling teeth and they cant dribble at all. Its time 2k caught up with the times. No caving into the whiners about cheese this and cheese that...its not cheese if they can really do it in real life.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #5
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

A reason why we need an offline mycareer mode in 2k18, so we can make bigs who can shoot 3s as well as having an inside game, without compromising gameplay balance on the park and proam
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Honestly all of this is possible in 2k17... Ive crossed people and posterized people in pro am with my glass cleaner. Its all about picking your moment. Also when the connection is good i can move pretty swiftly.

I will say that 'The Prelude' did a better job with the speed with ball for the bigs than the default rosters.

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 02-21-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:15 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
A reason why we need an offline mycareer mode in 2k18, so we can make bigs who can shoot 3s as well as having an inside game, without compromising gameplay balance on the park and proam
Agree.

Offline, you should be able to be 99 in everything... but doing this idea Online? No way.

Big men are super good in Pro-Am and Park, they don't need any help. They can turbo, they're super strong, they're fast, they can shoot, and they're 7'3"? There's not such player in the real world.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
Im an online guy and this thread should matter to both online and offline guys. I personally dont see the point in having offline guys having features that online guys cant. Im sure the majority of the community are online guys. I will never be mistaken how much of a voice that the offline community has on OS, but the real issue is Defense and the constant need to nerf what initially is a working product right out of the box.

When the community finds the meta players that are ideal for winning online 2k then nerfs these play styles or movements and gives into the notion that these players are "cheesy" because the defense cant stop the offense. When 2K can actually give players the tools to play real defense, no matter what play style, height, or moves you do, if played correctly every one will feel like gameplay balance on park and pro am is achievable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »