Home

NBA 2K17 Park After Dark Returns This Saturday with DJ Premier

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17 Park After Dark Returns This Saturday with DJ Premier within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K17 Park After Dark Returns This Saturday with DJ Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Would be nice if they would verbally address all of the issues that they've had in the last two Park After Dark's, instead of just pretend all is gravy.
They did in one of the earlier episodes if that makes you feel better lol.

They need to use this money they are paying these djs and buy better servers with that. also, I wouldn't be against scrapping the whole nba tv and firing rachel and put all that capital into fixing their game.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #10
Rookie

It'll be a miracle if they get this right but I doubt it. We can't even play the double rep weekend without lag.

I was beginning to think these were cancelled because of all the issues. Hopefully they looked into it. If not then wow; "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result".
Old 02-22-2017, 03:08 PM   #11
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Last time they did it so that it was only open to East coast people at 9pm EST and then later for West Coast at 9pm PST.

That ended up working out for the PST timezone because everyone had given up by then and I could actually load in.

They did it East and West at same time for the 2nd one and I couldn't play it at all, so I assume it'll be like that again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 03:10 PM   #12
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGod
It'll be a miracle if they get this right but I doubt it. We can't even play the double rep weekend without lag.
They should just do it once a week.

That way, it's not so exclusive and you don't have everyone trying to play it at the same time (because you only get a few chances at it for the entire game's lifespan).

It's not cool enough to be such an exclusive event, but it is cool enough that it'd be nice to be able to play it without crazy lag due to everyone trying to play.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #13
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Last time my crew couldn't get a pro am game started while this was going on.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
They did in one of the earlier episodes if that makes you feel better lol.

They need to use this money they are paying these djs and buy better servers with that. also, I wouldn't be against scrapping the whole nba tv and firing rachel and put all that capital into fixing their game.

Idk I used to hate 2K Tv and thought it was a waste but now I like it. It gives me something to do when I'm waiting 10+ min for the game to load in to just about any mode . And Rachel makes it just a bit more watchable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #15
Rookie

ssimpsons3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Would be nice if they would verbally address all of the issues that they've had in the last two Park After Dark's, instead of just pretend all is gravy.
This will never happen. Zero humility shown year after year.

2k should take notes from MLB The Show devs on how to openly address issues with humility, with the goal being improvement.

But, unfortunately, 2k players typically play no other games besides Madden and GTA, so 80% of them are ignorant to the fact that some of these features/ideals exist.

People don't even know carry over saves exist.These people stay in the 2k bubble, think that it's a good game, and never push for anything better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 07:18 PM   #16
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimpsons3
This will never happen. Zero humility shown year after year.

2k should take notes from MLB The Show devs on how to openly address issues with humility, with the goal being improvement.

But, unfortunately, 2k players typically play no other games besides Madden and GTA, so 80% of them are ignorant to the fact that some of these features/ideals exist.

People don't even know carry over saves exist.These people stay in the 2k bubble, think that it's a good game, and never push for anything better.
Honestly though man if "most" of 2K gamers are happy with the product in their bubble that's all that matters. Watching my younger brother and cousins play 2K Id venture to guess that they have never heard of nor care about year to year saves. I do. But I'm a franchise type. They play more and spend significantly more than I do (buying park stuff and gear) on the game and enjoy it. To each his own. You can't impose your standard of quality/good on someone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »