Home

PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

This is a discussion on PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:17 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

Are you really complaining that you can't openly disrespect and generally be a horrible person to people online through XB1?

That's something no well adjusted and mature person would complain about

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #10
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Are you really complaining that you can't openly disrespect and generally be a horrible person to people online through XB1?

That's something no well adjusted and mature person would complain about

Project much? Calling someone or a buddy ball team "rookie" isn't this "horrible person" you speak of lol. You don't even have to cuss anymore to get banned. Saying "Pass the ball rookie" = ban if enough of their friends report you. Are you seriously trying to tell me that that is ban worthy? Do you live in Disneyland? Those tend to be the kind of people who report - the over-sensitive or the vengeful.

I'd say that the ones who should have their messages turned off, are the people who can't handle messages. Some say "but the children!" Well Xbox's demographic is majority 20 somethings... So maybe parents should learn how to turn off messages if they need to censor little Bobby from being called "rookie".
Old 02-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #11
Pro

What could I possibly be projecting? A will to not insult other people? I can take that.

The irony of you calling someone else overly sensitive must be lost on you... since you made a thread whining about getting in "trouble", online, for being an asshat

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I trash talk all the time and in every game I play. I've been on Xbox Live for 11 years, I've never been banned.

Same with PSN. Never had an issue with either.
Did the same. Never had any issues before giving up the console ghost.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #13
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Xbox? Way different story. You will LITERALLY get reported if you call someone such profanity as "noob" "trash" "rookie" or "scrub". That constitutes harassment. You will get reported if a buddy ball team in walk-on wants you to quit, and you tell them to pass because they're freezing you out ('cause the 5th player isn't one of their 'buddies' lol).

I'd rather get banned for banter, then to just not communicate with fellow teammates.
Just so I'm clear. Calling someone else "noob/trash/rookie/scrub" counts as communication with fellow teammates to you?
Old 02-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #14
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
What could I possibly be projecting? A will to not insult other people? I can take that.

The irony of you calling someone else overly sensitive must be lost on you... since you made a thread whining about getting in "trouble", online, for being an asshat

LOL @ you. You probably report anyone who messages you. There's no whining - please learn to read and comprehend logic. Honestly couldn't care less if I got banned because I'll just do something else, big deal. Again all you can do is project you're own whatever onto what you think I'm saying. The fact that you think the USUAL GAMING BANTER that goes on in THOUSANDS of interactions between gamers constitutes as "ban-worthy", shows how ridiculous your logic is. I'm not saying cuss people out for 10min, I'm saying if "pass the ball rook" is "abuse", then just stay offline 'cause your precious ego is going to be hurt every other message.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:00 PM   #15
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Just so I'm clear. Calling someone else "noob/trash/rookie/scrub" counts as communication with fellow teammates to you?
No, you are not clear. I'm saying, within the context of communicating with random teammates during the game, there's going to be banter (even negative banter.... gasp!!!) that should be acceptable without being banned. Do ya'll even play online or just offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #16
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I trash talk all the time and in every game I play. I've been on Xbox Live for 11 years, I've never been banned.

Same with PSN. Never had an issue with either.
Unicorn. People get banned for anything these days. I never had a problem on PSN either, only Xbox.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »