Home

PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

This is a discussion on PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 01:59 PM   #25
Banned

jax01's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
My mind is actually boggled.

Which totally explains the whining you did in your first post, right? Crying about being banned but the joke is on them because you could not care less. You are sure showing them how much you don't care.
Please learn the difference between something that is "whining", and a thread made to see what others experiences have been and if those experiences have been fair. And yes, making a thread doesn't mean I "care" about being banned, it means I "care" if you wanna call it that (enough to spend all of 30 secs writing a post), about how xbox is screwing all gamers. I'm selling my xbox one today, and getting others opinions on the online experience would help if I ever decide to buy a console again.

If your brain is literally unable to tell the two apart, I really can't help you and you're going to misunderstand everything.

Quote:
The fact that you think that because something is fairly common it should be deemed acceptable shows how ridiculous your line of reasoning is. You are literally saying, "Well... everyone else does it!" like a toddler being scolded.
Your toddler brain still can't comprehend what is said... Do you know how MANY thousands of people would be banned for saying "trash"? That is, IF people were as sensitive as you, and actually reported them. Xbox must really like losing to PS4, 'cause they'd have to ban their whole community if everyone reported "trash" or "noob".

Quote:
Let's cut right through the bull ****. You aren't doing this. I've spent enough time on the internet and playing games competitively to know that you, nor anyone in the "THOUSANDS of interactions between gamers", is simply saying, "Pass the ball rook" and getting banned for it. Let's put on our big boy drawers and be real here.
Look around the internet. Plenty of players have gotten banned for light weight banter. See youtube comments, etc. If you haven't done your research, not my prob.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #26
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I call BS. I'm thinking you're not telling the whole truth about what you actually say then get banned for.

I've been in a gaming community for the last 8 years with hundreds of members and many "Sidney Deane" level trash talkers across multiple games. Not a single person banned ever.
lol @ Sidney Deane.
That's anecdotal evidence, just like mine is. But if you looked around the internet, you'd see that plenty are getting banned for light weight offenses. It's picked up, and microsoft, in this PC climate, is predictably getting softer and softer. If you're cool with that being the future of gaming, great. But it's gonna get to the point where everyones gonna have to be Disneyland characters to communicate to each other. People can't handle the truth anymore. You'd be shocked the things people threatened to report me for. I said "pass the ball" or give advice how to play smart basketball, and their fragile egos explode.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #27
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

If y'all want to discuss the code of conduct between the two systems that is fine. Stick to the discussion and leave the politics and back and forth argument out of the thread.

Only warning or this thread gets locked. Stay on topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 02-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #28
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Unicorn. People get banned for anything these days. I never had a problem on PSN either, only Xbox.
Why not just stick to the PS4 then? You get to enjoy the game and "trash talk" without getting banned. Problem solved.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #29
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
If your brain is literally unable to tell the two apart, I really can't help you and you're going to misunderstand everything.

Your toddler brain still can't comprehend what is said... Do you know how MANY thousands of people would be banned for saying "trash"? That is, IF people were as sensitive as you, and actually reported them.
Surely you realise your penchant to hurl childish insults in this thread is an indication of why you're banned from XBL?

You start a thread complaining about being banned for insulting people, then proceed to throw around childish names. And I received a private message from you which accused me of having a defect with my brain, or something.

This is so meta. I love it. You're complaining about being labelled an internet pest while performing as an internet pest. It's art.

To give you some background. XBL has become very strict on online harrassment since they have had a reputation for having the worst online players. Basically scumbags who were always throwing around racist and sexist insults and then who get very obsessive, sending PMs and complaints. Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

You've been banned from XBL months ago. We know because you told us then. You don't play 2K anymore.

If people aren't acting like an internet nuisance, they won't be banned. This is the 2nd thread you've started on this same topic and you still don't get the message.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk

If people aren't acting like an internet nuisance, they won't be banned.

I don't want to be invoked in whatever personal beef y'all seem to have but on topic I refer to my previous post. The system is just to sensitive and easy to abuse you can be banned without ever talking to someone. It's not as simple as not being a pest sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 06:50 PM   #31
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I have a question:

Why do you feel the need to talk trash to your opponents while you play an online video game version of a sport?

It's not like you're dunking on people or draining 3's in their face personally. You're literally hitting a button and the game does the rest for you. It takes next to no skill. It's like talking trash to a family member because you rotated the dial to pre-heat the oven for your family sized Stouffer's lasagna.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 PM   #32
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I don't want to be invoked in whatever personal beef y'all seem to have but on topic I refer to my previous post. The system is just to sensitive and easy to abuse you can be banned without ever talking to someone. It's not as simple as not being a pest sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive never experienced it, and don't know anyone who has.

But the tough policy is the necessary reaction to all the scumbags who would make XBL really unpleasant, especially for younger and female gamers. Im sure some people who have have done nothing have been swept up in it.

But we all know that's not the case with this poster.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »