Home

PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

This is a discussion on PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #33
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 vs XB1: more lenient on trash talk?

People here are missing the point to the grandest degree.

Unless it's happened to you, you'll never understand.

Play proam walk-on with some kids who know each other and only pass within their system..No matter how bad their shot selection or basketball iq is.

Get frustrated and say something as harmless as "pass the damn ball bro" and suddenly they wanna be petty trolls and report you over and over for voice communication.
Xbox sees this, views you as a problem and voila you're banned. Lol so that makes me suddenly a horrible person for getting annoyed at actual horrible people.
Gotta use context.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

-Allen Iverson
Old 02-25-2017, 01:12 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
People here are missing the point to the grandest degree.

Unless it's happened to you, you'll never understand.

Play proam walk-on with some kids who know each other and only pass within their system..No matter how bad their shot selection or basketball iq is.

Get frustrated and say something as harmless as "pass the damn ball bro" and suddenly they wanna be petty trolls and report you over and over for voice communication.
Xbox sees this, views you as a problem and voila you're banned. Lol so that makes me suddenly a horrible person for getting annoyed at actual horrible people.
Gotta use context.

I've been trying to explain man it's not as black and white as they think. The system is flawed and terrible and it's just way to easy to abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2017, 01:19 PM   #35
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I've been trying to explain man it's not as black and white as they think. The system is flawed and terrible and it's just way to easy to abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People think we just go in and start ish with anybody..Like no, just like irl if you cool we cool but if I'm playing and dudes taking garbage shots ima tell em pass the ball around.
Everyone can't be so sensitive over little things.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #36
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Surely you realise your penchant to hurl childish insults in this thread is an indication of why you're banned from XBL?

You start a thread complaining about being banned for insulting people, then proceed to throw around childish names. And I received a private message from you which accused me of having a defect with my brain, or something.

This is so meta. I love it. You're complaining about being labelled an internet pest while performing as an internet pest. It's art.

To give you some background. XBL has become very strict on online harrassment since they have had a reputation for having the worst online players. Basically scumbags who were always throwing around racist and sexist insults and then who get very obsessive, sending PMs and complaints. Hmmm. Sounds familiar.

You've been banned from XBL months ago. We know because you told us then. You don't play 2K anymore.

If people aren't acting like an internet nuisance, they won't be banned. This is the 2nd thread you've started on this same topic and you still don't get the message.

1) You trolling me, stalking my threads like some type of fan? Creepy

2) It's called 2 week suspension Mr. think you know everything / Mr. Projections

3) Was my post defending racist, sexist crap? Seriously, do you even know how to read kid?

4) So please go on record that saying "pass the ball rookie" = 'internet nuisance'

5) You continue to try to make this about me, instead of the SYSTEM or the ARGUMENT that I'm making.

6) Leave out the point of my private message was to tell you to stop trolling. You want to come at me, send me a PM. This isn't
the place.

Get some logic. You're just continuing to make yourself look pathetic, illiterate, illogical, and not understanding anything
that is being said. Agree to disagree and move on, 'cause it's apparent that your brain isn't capable of understanding what is
truly being said. Move along and stop trying to derail the thread...
Old 02-25-2017, 01:37 PM   #37
Banned

jax01's Arena

Smirkin Dirk is an OFFLINE 2k gamer, see his youtube. You gonna come in here acting like you know XBL when you have zero understanding of the system or what you're talking about. LOL.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #38
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I have a question:

Why do you feel the need to talk trash to your opponents while you play an online video game version of a sport?

It's not like you're dunking on people or draining 3's in their face personally. You're literally hitting a button and the game does the rest for you. It takes next to no skill. It's like talking trash to a family member because you rotated the dial to pre-heat the oven for your family sized Stouffer's lasagna.

Lol that's really marginalizing the skill of the game and the players. STILLTRILL isn't the #1 team in the world because they're just pressing some buttons and are like 'woah what's this button do' lol. They just won $250k because of teamwork, knowledge of the real sport (I heard they play bball irl), practice, and stick skills. With eLeague and eSports coming up with real $$, that argument is outdated.

It's all what you consider "trash talk" is. If saying "pass the ball rookie" (but if you do it 10x and 2 of those people report you... that's how you get banned) because you're sick of some guy causing the team to lose, is over the top, then that's your opinion. I play basketball irl and I'm just as competitive. Some people aren't competitive I guess. When it's the chance to win real $$ like $250k, dang right I'm gonna try to win. And I've been in top 10 crews, so this isn't far-fetched for me.

I didn't even create this thread to have a 'debate' over trash talk, but more of to see what dudes experiences have been on each console, if I decide to buy one again for 2k18.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM   #39
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
People think we just go in and start ish with anybody..Like no, just like irl if you cool we cool but if I'm playing and dudes taking garbage shots ima tell em pass the ball around.
Everyone can't be so sensitive over little things.

I've played enough 2K to know that they are some people who are just terrible teammates. They aren't going to pass, they want to take every shot, and they're confrontational toward anyone who wants to tell them different. That's just a fact.

However, I've played with plenty of people (mostly in All-Star Team Up) who will start off taking bad shots and not passing the ball; but after sending them a calm message, they'll start playing team ball. I usually just tell them, "we'll get you better looks at the basket if you'll move the ball and utilize us." Now, maybe ASTU players are a little different lot than MyPark/Pro-Am, but do you attempt to diffuse the confrontational nature of these bad teammates first, or do you immediately start calling them "noob," "ball hog," "trash?" Players like that WANT you to start trash talking and calling them names. They feed off of it and it only escalates things. You're much better off being the level-headed one in the situation and trying to kill them with kindness. You might be surprised how many players respond well to that.

Obviously, it isn't going to work with everyone. Some people, even if you're cool with them, just aren't interested in being a good teammate. But if that's the case, then yelling at them most likely wouldn't have made any difference either. It's not worth getting yourself worked up/banned over some trolls. Especially when you realize that's what they want you to do. Just don't play into their game.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:00 PM   #40
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I've played enough 2K to know that they are some people who are just terrible teammates. They aren't going to pass, they want to take every shot, and they're confrontational toward anyone who wants to tell them different. That's just a fact.

However, I've played with plenty of people (mostly in All-Star Team Up) who will start off taking bad shots and not passing the ball; but after sending them a calm message, they'll start playing team ball. I usually just tell them, "we'll get you better looks at the basket if you'll move the ball and utilize us." Now, maybe ASTU players are a little different lot than MyPark/Pro-Am, but do you attempt to diffuse the confrontational nature of these bad teammates first, or do you immediately start calling them "noob," "ball hog," "trash?" Players like that WANT you to start trash talking and calling them names. They feed off of it and it only escalates things. You're much better off being the level-headed one in the situation and trying to kill them with kindness. You might be surprised how many players respond well to that.

Obviously, it isn't going to work with everyone. Some people, even if you're cool with them, just aren't interested in being a good teammate. But if that's the case, then yelling at them most likely wouldn't have made any difference either. It's not worth getting yourself worked up/banned over some trolls. Especially when you realize that's what they want you to do. Just don't play into their game.
It's usually just a "yo pass the ball around someone's open" and little things like that.
Trying to encourage good team ball...
But you know after trying to get the ball moved around or playing help d stuff like that and people just ignore you to take horrible shots and try and drive on the whole team its when you say things like that was a trash shot...
So getting in trouble out of context is absolutely ridiculous.

-Allen Iverson
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »