Home

How I Turned the Bulls Into NBA Champions (NBA 2K17)

This is a discussion on How I Turned the Bulls Into NBA Champions (NBA 2K17) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
To each their own. Every year I play MyGM mode and play a 82 gm season. The second season, I either play a second season as the same team, or if there have been crazy trades in the NBA, I will start a new season with a different team. But I always buy the team the second season for 50k VC.

This season, I just finished my season with coincidentally the Bulls. I went 68-15 and defeated the warriors for the Chip. In 2k16, I Played with the TWolves and lost to the warriors in the conference finals. In 2k15, I played with the Kings and won the chip by defeating the Cavs.

I play 10 minutes qtrs on HOF simulation, no sliders. I get realistic stats, and a good challenge. As far as trades, I do them , but I do not do anyhting that will drastically change my teams. My team overall was normally 14th , but it fluctuated anywhere between 11th and 19th based on injuries and hot streaks.

The biggest trade I did was taj Gibson and a pick for Kenneth Faried. I needed some more athleticism in the front court. Also, I wanted to start Mirotic to space the floor, and Gibson was not happy with that. With Faried, he has the low ego badge, so he did not complain nearly as much.

But I had one all-star (Wade). Rondo led the league in assists at 11. Butler averaged 19 in the season and 21 in the playoffs. Wade averaged 20 in the season and 19 in the playoffs. But Lopez was the Finals MVP with a 19ppg and 15rpg avg. against the warriors.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #10
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How I Turned the Bulls Into NBA Champions (NBA 2K17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolove626
Lol yeah this sounds like a big waste of time, but at least he seemed to have fun doing it
If you really think about it, isn't playing video games in general just a big waste of time?

Old 02-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #11
Pro

zrohman's Arena

How did I turn the Bulls into a championship team? I just traded the entire team for an entirely new team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #12
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

This game's trade logic actually isn't this bad if you turn the difficulty of trades to 100. OP should have done that instead. Then he will realize the fun in winning on MyGm, not with INSANE trades but instead it will be changing player tendencies for the whole team so the sqaud can perform better on both sides of the ball.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:24 AM   #13
Rookie

This games team building logic is just bad in general. Young players that are no brainers to be retained by their team are often unrestricted free agents after their rookie deal and it's disappointing. I really feel like I have to play God for my league/gm to work.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:39 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I mean, that is a way to do it.. It's not really realistic in the slightest, but you managed it. The trades are horrible.
Maybe you don't actually follow the real NBA but after what just happened with Cousins I'm inclined to believe #SimNations idea of "realistic trades" is far from realistic.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:42 AM   #15
Rookie

This was a fun read. The writer clearly had fun building this team and that's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Well written piece as well. Kudos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #16
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
Maybe you don't actually follow the real NBA but after what just happened with Cousins I'm inclined to believe #SimNations idea of "realistic trades" is far from realistic.
You can't take one trade that's an incredible outlier from a below average front office that's made a lot of questionable moves over the last few years and make it the precedent for the entirety of the NBA.. There are some weird trades in real life, but I don't think you'd see any of the ones that occurred on this post in real life. I mean it is just a game and all, but there's a point where you're just abusing the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »